E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Anyone successfully get "diminished value" claim?

10-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #23
floydarogers
Curmudgeon and Pedant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2014 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarekSanto View Post
That is too bad. I've heard nothing but bad things about Progressive fighting claims when it seems so OBVIOUS that they should be paying.
I have had at least two run-ins with Progressive. Once, someone covered by them nicked me in the rear: one shop wouldn't even give me an estimate when they heard that name - said they're not worth the trouble to fight with to get things properly repaired. Another time, someone hit me in the front (of my E46): they wanted to use used parts! They conceded and used new when they couldn't find a used 330xi sport package bumper (I wonder why? - probably the rarest E46 bumper).

Even the shop I use says they're the worst on approving "extensions".

Do not, ever, take a check from them. Insist that they pay all costs to the shop, only after it is truely and completely fixed.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #24
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydarogers View Post
I have had at least two run-ins with Progressive. Once, someone covered by them nicked me in the rear: one shop wouldn't even give me an estimate when they heard that name - said they're not worth the trouble to fight with to get things properly repaired. Another time, someone hit me in the front (of my E46): they wanted to use used parts! They conceded and used new when they couldn't find a used 330xi sport package bumper (I wonder why? - probably the rarest E46 bumper).

Even the shop I use says they're the worst on approving "extensions".

Do not, ever, take a check from them. Insist that they pay all costs to the shop, only after it is truely and completely fixed.
I told my friends my story, not to scare them away from Progressive really just to vent, but two of my good friends switched away almost right away.

Sometimes, a company should run less advertising and uses the money to make customers happy, it's happy medium. I've never seen Metlife insurance ad but that girl Flo, is all over billboard and TV. Sometimes, no matter how much chocolate you put in to cover turd at the end it's still a turd.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #25
Rselby
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 328xi Touring M-Sport

They operate this way because the vast majority of consumers don't fight it, either because they don't know better or don't have the time. This leads to cheaper settlements, which leads to greater profits. Simple as that. The "sue us" response is in this same vein. They know many people won't go to the hassle. Cheaper settlements, bigger profits.

My opinion - it's criminal that this industry is allowed to operate this way. When faced with this dilemma, lawyer up and go get 'em. Also consider small claims court if the difference in what they're offering vs. what the repair costs are is less than 5K. Easy to do, no lawyer needed, and much more fair for the consumer.

Better yet, do research and switch to a reputable company. None of them are great, but there are many of them that are horrible....

-Rick
1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Appreciate 0