E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Meth help please!

01-04-2016, 07:21 PM   #1
dannyle27
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Garage List
Meth help please!

So I bought a second hand Devilsown Meth kit with stainless lines and a BMS FSB to run with my JB4. After the install came the priming process. During priming, the fuse in the FSB (3 amps) blew. Replaced it with another, and it blew again. So next step, troubleshooting. Pump works.

I did some research and apparently, the Devilsown solenoid draws 4.75 amps. The FSB fuse is 3 amps. I believe this is the problem.

Now, I emailed Jon and Terry and they said to replace the solenoid with Coolingmist's solenoid. Problem is, CM's solenoid has quick disconnect fittings built in. I have AN fittings and stainless lines...

To replace the solenoid, Id have to replace tubing, fittings, etc. which will get expensive.

Ive read on the forums here that since 3 amp fuses are hard to find, some of you guys replace it with a 5 amp fuse. Will this cause harm to the FSB?

Trying to save money here and I understand the FSB is 150 bucks. A new solenoid would cost 50-70 bucks. Fittings, tubing, etc would drive the cost up even more...

Is there a solenoid in the market that allows me to attach AN fitting nipples?

Any help would be great. Thanks
Appreciate 0