E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Bad maf sensor? NEED HELP

03-20-2020, 07:57 PM   #1
maximoline
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 Bmw 328i Coupe

Bad maf sensor? NEED HELP

hey guys. so I had a slight rough idle when i first start my car. the rpms jump a little and i can hear and feel the car shaking. ended up with the codes P00BC (MAF "A" Circuit Range/Performance Flow Too Low, P0171 and P0174 (lean bank 1 and 2). i took a random guess that it was the MAF sensor and got one from a pick and pull. replaced mine with that one and when i went to start the car( with my foot on the brake) the rpms started going crazy( up down up down) so as a natural response i took my foot off the brake and it stopped. then i put it back on and it continued but it seemed to get smaller the more i had it on the brake. i ended up turning the car off and starting it a couple more times to see if it continued. eventually it stopped and the car seemed fine no idle or anything. so i scanned it and ended up with these codes P116E(confirmed) and P1105 (pending) on top of the other codes. i drove it around the neighborhood and it seemed all good. im not sure what to do as now i have these two more codes. should i put the old MAF back on? should i get a whole new one?
Appreciate 0