E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > DYI: Easiest way to get 1b file and generate FSC codes for CIC navi map update

11-10-2019, 03:48 PM   #463
Pharodox
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Convertible

I've been able to update my maps using a PC and USB stick method with a CIC system in a previous vehicle. Now I have a newer vehicle with the NBT and using a Mac. What is the best method for extracting from vehicle, generating FSC code using Mac? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...
      11-11-2019, 04:33 AM   #464
einimuascht
Registered
Austria
Rep
Drives: 5series 520d 9/2012

Hi, I have tried it with NBT, but it does not work. Do we have an option for creating the 1b File with the USB-Stick for NBT too?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 09:34 AM   #465
opjose
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by einimuascht View Post
Hi, I have tried it with NBT, but it does not work. Do we have an option for creating the 1b File with the USB-Stick for NBT too?
No.

You will have to do as Portalseo mentions in a prior post.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 11:04 AM   #466
kushtrim.e91
Albania
Rep
Drives: BMW 320xd e91

Hello guys,hope you’ll help me!
My car is e91,06/2009 production date,VIN- A603047,it has CIC system.I tried getting 1b file from my car but I was unsuccessful ,all usb’s were formatted with fat32.Also maps werent recognized by car.Usb is working because it has a light and when i put into the car it lights up.Map update by dvd is recognized.So my question is how can I get 1b file from the car,or can anyone generate fsc code by vin for free.Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 09:40 AM   #467
opjose
Major
Rep

What is your CIC software version or revision?

Does it show the check mark?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 10:06 AM   #468
kushtrim.e91
Albania
Rep
Drives: BMW 320xd e91

@opjose
No it doesnt show the check mark
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 12:51 PM   #469
opjose
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushtrim.e91 View Post
@opjose
No it doesnt show the check mark
You need an iLevel update.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 03:23 PM   #470
opjose
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushtrim.e91 View Post
Can I get 1b file without updating ilevel.
*Sample using enet with esys
With the Ethernet cable... but you may still not be able to update via USB and it may be that your CIC will not take the update via CD or DVD.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 03:16 AM   #471
dweomir
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i G31

Is there anything known when the new Road Map Premium West Europe 2020-1 is supported/the new lookup.xml will be available?

Greetz,

Edit: I just deleted the lookup.xml file from the directory where the generator.exe is located. After restarting the generator it downloaded the updated lookup.xml, including 2020-1

Last edited by dweomir; 11-18-2019 at 01:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 07:51 PM   #472
dgdara
Rep
Drives: 1999 540i6

Hello guys,

I'm having a bit of issues with the fsc code for an e92.

I am able to generate the 1b file, but when I get the fsc code unfortunately It's not correct.

J6KTDI5BE2DWCABIAD7Q <- Lifetime

RQSXOGYCDMLTYABIABCA <- Normal

Car vin is - WBAWB72010PY14088

I have even tried to use the date option but to no avail.

Here is the 1b file that I was able to pull from the car, keep in note that the date that the file is showing is not correct from what I can tell - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-v...4OgfgNPSQGBUt5

If someone can please help me sort this one out I will be very grateful !
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 08:47 PM   #473
bcoz
spectator
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330d Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgdara View Post
Here is the 1b file that I was able to pull from the car, keep in note that the date that the file is showing is not correct from what I can tell - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-v...4OgfgNPSQGBUt5
Your 1b.hex file contains a generic/incorrect VIN of "1234567" (characters 27 to 33), so you'll need to manually extract the 1b.hex file using an ENET to OBD2 Connector, as per my comment: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...&postcount=390

If you use an ENET to OBD2 Connector, I recommend you use Firefox:
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...&postcount=306

There is a known problem where the USB script (copie_scr.sh) generates an incorrect 1b.hex file for earlier model E9x cars. More info here:
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...&postcount=319
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 04:05 PM   #474
FatboyDean
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by portalseo View Post
I've been a silent reader of this forum for quite some time and I got a lot of useful information and help out of it and what better way to make my first post by (hopefully) giving back to the community.

The following is by far the easiest and most convenient way to pull your 1b file from your car and generate an FSC update code for your BMW CIC navigation unit (at least for me) and I haven't come across any other method that is easier.

Tools required:

-one usb stick.
- 1b.zip: Attached below.
- “bmw_cic_fsc_generator.zip“: Download Windows version from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lW0...ew?usp=sharing or directly from Jaeger's thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453464
- Maps.zip: Attached below.

“1b.zip” contains the files necessary to pull the 1b file from your car via USB, “bmw_cic_fsc_generator.zip“ contains the FSC generator (a big thanks to user Jaeger and I hope he doesn't mind me using his generator as my preferred choice for generating fsc codes) and “MAPS.zip“ contains different map versions covering the most popular regions (North America, Europe and OZ/New Zealand).

First step: Pull 1b file from your car via usb stick.

1. Unpack the ZIP file (1b.zip) to the root of an empty USB stick
2. Power on your car (ignition on is fine, you don't need to start your car) and wait until the navigation system has started completely
3. Put the USB stick in the USB port in the glove box (do not use the usb port found in the middle console).
4. Wait for around 30 seconds
5. Remove the USB stick from the port in the glove box and put it in your (windows) computer
6. Check if the file 1b.hex is present on the USB stick (if not go to step 2 and try another USB stick). The file should be exactly 319 bytes in size and you can check your file by opening it with a hex editor such as HxD https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

Second step: Generate your FSC code using Jaeger's FSC generator

1. Unpack the ZIP file (bmw_cic_fsc_generator.zip) in Windows/Mac (after unpacking wait for a couple of seconds for the generator to automatically download the file Lookup.xml")
2. Open the FSC generator by clicking on "BMW_CIC_FSC_Generator.exe" and select the 1b file you pulled from your car as described above.
3. Select desired map type, region and version to generate your code.

Last step: Download desired map version and install on USB stick:

1. Unpack the ZIP file (MAPS.zip) and click on your desired map version (make sure you have a bit torrent client installed) to download it.
2. Put the downloaded map on an empty USB stick (just make sure it has been formatted using fat32).

Plug the usb stick containing your downloaded map version in the glove box of your car and switch your ignition on. After a couple of minutes your CIC will prompt you to update your map version. Just enter your generated code and the update will commence automatically.
That's it, you're done and good to go!

Big thanks again to Jaeger for his excellent fsc code generator http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453464.

Update: Maps.zip now contains a direct torrent download link for north america premium 2018-1 which supports both updating via dvd or alternatively via usb stick.
Thanks for sharing, however my car is 09/09 so usb does not work on my car, any idea how to burn the files into dvds? Cos when openned up there are just a lot of folders and files.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 01:21 PM   #475
opjose
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatboyDean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by portalseo View Post
I've been a silent reader of this forum for quite some time and I got a lot of useful information and help out of it and what better way to make my first post by (hopefully) giving back to the community.

The following is by far the easiest and most convenient way to pull your 1b file from your car and generate an FSC update code for your BMW CIC navigation unit (at least for me) and I haven't come across any other method that is easier.

Tools required:

[COLOR="DarkRed"]-one usb stick.[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"]- 1b.zip:[/COLOR] Attached below.
[COLOR="Blue"]- “bmw_cic_fsc_generator.zip“:[/COLOR] Download Windows version from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lW0...ew?usp=sharing or directly from Jaeger's thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453464
[COLOR="Blue"]- Maps.zip:[/COLOR] Attached below.

“1b.zip” contains the files necessary to pull the 1b file from your car via USB, “bmw_cic_fsc_generator.zip“ contains the FSC generator (a big thanks to user Jaeger and I hope he doesn't mind me using his generator as my preferred choice for generating fsc codes) and “MAPS.zip“ contains different map versions covering the most popular regions (North America, Europe and OZ/New Zealand).

First step: Pull 1b file from your car via usb stick.

1. Unpack the ZIP file (1b.zip) to the root of an empty USB stick
2. Power on your car (ignition on is fine, you don't need to start your car) and wait until the navigation system has started completely
3. Put the USB stick in the USB port in the glove box (do not use the usb port found in the middle console).
4. Wait for around 30 seconds
5. Remove the USB stick from the port in the glove box and put it in your (windows) computer
6. Check if the file 1b.hex is present on the USB stick (if not go to step 2 and try another USB stick). The file should be exactly 319 bytes in size and you can check your file by opening it with a hex editor such as HxD https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

Second step: Generate your FSC code using Jaeger's FSC generator

1. Unpack the ZIP file (bmw_cic_fsc_generator.zip) in Windows/Mac (after unpacking wait for a couple of seconds for the generator to automatically download the file Lookup.xml")
2. Open the FSC generator by clicking on "BMW_CIC_FSC_Generator.exe" and select the 1b file you pulled from your car as described above.
3. Select desired map type, region and version to generate your code.

Last step: Download desired map version and install on USB stick:

1. Unpack the ZIP file (MAPS.zip) and click on your desired map version (make sure you have a bit torrent client installed) to download it.
2. Put the downloaded map on an empty USB stick (just make sure it has been formatted using fat32).

Plug the usb stick containing your downloaded map version in the glove box of your car and switch your ignition on. After a couple of minutes your CIC will prompt you to update your map version. Just enter your generated code and the update will commence automatically.
That's it, you're done and good to go!

Big thanks again to Jaeger for his excellent fsc code generator http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453464.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Update: Maps.zip now contains a direct torrent download link for north america premium 2018-1 which supports both updating via dvd or alternatively via usb stick.[/COLOR]
Thanks for sharing, however my car is 09/09 so usb does not work on my car, any idea how to burn the files into dvds? Cos when openned up there are just a lot of folders and files.
Thanks
You can burn the multi USB stick torrent download to single closed session DVD's.

It is the same.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 10:40 AM   #476
335DBIMMER
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 335d

I am unable to open the 1b.zip:, Is there an updated link??
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 03:26 AM   #477
bcoz
spectator
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330d Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335DBIMMER View Post
I am unable to open the 1b.zip:, Is there an updated link??
I just downloaded and successfully unzipped the 1b.zip file.

Try the following:
- Download using a different browser.
- If using a Windows PC, right-click on file and select 'Extract All'.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 02:29 PM   #478
rikou2202
Registered
France
Rep
Drives: X1 2.8i XDrive

Hello, i've tryed few usb sticks (in Fat32 / 4Go) and I don't have my 1B hex file.
I've a X1 05/2014. My VIN is VU30522.

Someone can help me ?
Thx a lot

Last edited by rikou2202; 12-02-2019 at 04:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 03:21 PM   #479
rikou2202
Registered
France
Rep
Drives: X1 2.8i XDrive

@335DBIMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoz View Post
I just downloaded and successfully unzipped the 1b.zip file.

Try the following:
- Download using a different browser.
- If using a Windows PC, right-click on file and select 'Extract All'.

Hello, just change .pdf to .sh
Attachment 2190481
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 09:50 AM   #480
opjose
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikou2202 View Post
Hello, i've tryed few usb sticks (in Fat32 / 4Go) and I don't have my 1B hex file.
I've a X1 05/2014. My VIN is VU30522.

Someone can help me ?
Thx a lot
This is for CIC.

Your car has the Business system.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 10:31 AM   #481
Imran3335
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 Series

1b.hex NOT Generated

Dear Members, I have a 2010 BMW 520D F10, currently running CIC MOTION maps. I am in the process of updating the maps but can not generate 1b.hex file at all.

I have tried 3 different USB sticks, both in the glove compartment and the arm rest with no luck. I have formatted all UBS sticks and copied over [copie_scr.sh] in to the root of the USB. Tried again and again but nothing is generated. My VIN Number is: C450329.

Can anyone help please?

Best Regards,

Imran.

Last edited by Imran3335; 12-02-2019 at 10:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 04:00 PM   #482
opjose
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran3335 View Post
Dear Members, I have a 2010 BMW 520D F10, currently running CIC MOTION maps. I am in the process of updating the maps but can not generate 1b.hex file at all.

I have tried 3 different USB sticks, both in the glove compartment and the arm rest with no luck. I have formatted all UBS sticks and copied over [copie_scr.sh] in to the root of the USB. Tried again and again but nothing is generated. My VIN Number is: C450329.

Can anyone help please?

Best Regards,

Imran.
A VIN check indicates that you have this:

606 Navigation System Business Navigation system Business

As per the first post, the script will not work on your car.

If you have upgraded the car to CIC you likely have a configuration that the script was not written for.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 07:11 PM   #483
raggareds
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 bmw X1

2016 x1 no usb in glove compartment

hello can i get some help with my 2016 x1 i have no way of getting my fsc code
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 07:16 PM   #484
raggareds
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 bmw X1

hey i have 2016 x1 where did you find the 2nd usb i dont see one in my glove box
Appreciate 0