E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2008 E93 BMW 335i Convertible 6-speed MANUAL, all options, 110K

06-06-2019, 10:26 AM   #1
terculees
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

2008 E93 BMW 335i Convertible 6-speed MANUAL, all options, 110K

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
2008 E93 BMW 335i Convertible 6-speed MANUAL, all options, 110K, $6500

For your consideration is my 2008 335i convertible with a stickshift, Dark Grey on Black Leather. I’m getting rid of this car because my new job requires a bumper-to-bumper commute up a mountain, exactly the wrong type of driving for a manual high-horsepower vehicle. It’s getting replaced with a frugal commuter.

Clean CA title and CA smog certificate in hand.

Comes with EVERY option available in 2008:

* Sport package * Premium Package * Lighting Package * Active Steering * Nav * HD radio * Bluetooth phone * Bluetooth Audio steaming / iPod / USB in * Logic7 Audio *

Car drives perfectly, zero codes, zero error lights. Convertible top works like a charm. No mods except wheels and LED angel eyes. Shadow code for exhaust flap (I unplugged it for a throatier exhaust sound)

Exterior is a 7 out of 10. Some curb rash under front bumper. 1 small ding / scratch behind rear wheel. 3 small dings on roof. 1 small scratch on trunk lid (can likely buff out). Slightly scuffed top of rear bumper (can likely buff out)

Interior is an 8 out of 10. Trim is a bit worn on the steering wheel (can be repainted or cheaply replaced), and around door handles. Leather is actually in fantastic shape, no scratches or tears.

Rims are 19” staggered BBS RX-R, brushed on black. They have curb rash on 2 fronts, but they have a modular protective removable lip that can be ordered standalone from BBS and replaced (it attaches to the rim w/ an adhesive). The rims themselves are perfect.

Mechanicals:

Replaced in the last 10K miles:

* Valve cover gasket * Oil filter housing gasket * Front control arms w/ bushings * Rear brake disks / pads * spark plugs * ignition coils *

Replaced in the last 5K miles:

* INDEX 12 INJECTORS ($$$$) * AGM Battery * Starter * Starter Grounding Strap * Coolant Expansion tank and upper radiator hose *

Turbos were serviced at 80K when I bought the car to remedy wastgate noise, have been perfect since.

Airbags replaced under recall.

What this car still needs, to be done by you, the buyer:

• Front tires are needed in fairly short order. They are down to the wear bars and have a month left max if driven daily. ($500 if you use the same Pilot Super Sports, or replace all 4 with a tire of your choice). Rears are just below 50%.
• Blower motor recall still needs to be done, free at any dealer, I just don't have time.
• Oil Pan Gasket has a slight leak. When I say slight, I mean SLIGHT. No oil on the ground, and less than 1 quart is lost between oil changes, so you can put this repair off for quite a while.

• One of the injector brackets has broken in the past, and the injector #3 shook itself loose in the head, widening the channel. Currently, the new injector is sealed with JB Weld high-temp silicone gasket, and the car drives perfectly in daily-driven conditions. However, I would not attempt to mod it or boost it higher without permanently repairing this. Your options are as follows:

1. Take the car do a DIESEL shop (yes you read that right, they deal with direct injection all day long), and have them custom-make a metal copper gasket for this injector. Will last as long as the injectors will. Likely around $500. This is the option I would pick for long-term reliability.

2. Have the head re-built by a shop that can bore out and re-sleeve the injector channel. Likely $1-2K, don’t know if it’s worth it as for a bit more, you can just get a new head. Again, I would still pick option 1.

3. Replace the head with a new head or rebuilt head. $3000-4000. Do NOT do this unless you will be heavily boosting the car.

Again, car works perfectly fine for daily-driven situations, and the repairs above are for long-term reliability.
This is an honest car for honest money. I have described everything above, but you are of course welcome to bring your mechanic and do an inspection. I will provide you a free autocheck, you're welcome to run your own carfax if you like, PM me for VIN. Price is $6500. KBB private party value for this car in “good” condition is $9K. Less

Attached Images

Last edited by terculees; 06-06-2019 at 11:16 AM..
Appreciate 0