E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E91 LCI should I do an M3 front conversion

10-29-2019, 05:34 PM   #1
team7
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328ix Wagon

E91 LCI should I do an M3 front conversion

I have a pretty flawless black 2009 E91 LCI. I was driving to work last Tuesday and a huge branch fell on my car while I was driving. I took it to the body shop and the car was deemed totaled. I bought the car back as its not in too bad of shape but Im now trying to figure out if I should just fix the damage and bring it back to stock, use ECS's M3 route that keeps the LCI headlights, or do a true M3 conversion.

I currently have a scratched up front bumper, one destroyed bi-xenon headlight, hail damage looking hood, dented up fender, broken mirror, and some other damage. But as you can see I basically need to replace all the parts that would be in the conversion.

I like the ECS route but would prefer to do the true M3 kit if I could and it also seems like they only sell a CF hood which you probably pay a premium for and I don't want CF. As much as I love the LCI headlights I think they might look out of place on the M3 kit. On the other side it seems like M3 body panels are hard to find and not sure if its all just a bolt on affair.

Any thoughts from someone who has gone down this path would be great.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 10:21 PM   #2
Blueeyesredpanda
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by team7 View Post
I currently have a scratched up front bumper, one destroyed bi-xenon headlight, hail damage looking hood, dented up fender, broken mirror, and some other damage. But as you can see I basically need to replace all the parts that would be in the conversion.

On the other side it seems like M3 body panels are hard to find and not sure if its all just a bolt on affair.
With that many damages on the front end parts + E91 = it's no brainer the answer = M3 conversion

But dont forget about the rear bumper

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=923831

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=942422
      10-30-2019, 09:54 AM   #3
Insomniaroy
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 DCT

Go for stock. use 2nd hand parts , save money for real M3 , then trade in for real M3

I don't get it why anyone want to drive a car that looks like something it ain't, unless it is a sleeper :-P

And if you _do_ get the M3 parts, please make sure you're not buying parts of a stolen car.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 09:20 AM   #4
team7
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328ix Wagon

I get the whole "dont be a poser" mentality. I dont think anyone will mistake a wagon for a true M3 coupe. Not planning on badging it an M3. This is my daily driver not one of my other fun cars/track cars. Point taken though.

Ill keep researching and digging. I think finding parts is going to be what makes the decision for me. I need a new headlight asap and dont want to wait several months. With that said I may just do the ECS conversion and keep the LCI headlights.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 03:22 PM   #5
Black_e90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 328i Sport

Here’s a m3 type bumper on amazon for a good price... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...5dfea690e81a2c
Appreciate 0