E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Roof rack fairing!

07-02-2015, 01:23 PM   #1
Gooey33
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 325i M Sport Saloon

Roof rack fairing!

Finally got my Thule roof rack fairing (was shipped from the states) and got it installed!

Completely eliminates square bar wind noise (and in my opinion quieter than my old "aero" bars on my previous E46 touring).

I use the rack all the time for bikes but didn't want to fork out hundreds for new style black wing bars from Thule, the chap in Evans (cycles) recommended not to buy the expensive wing bars, but go with square bars and a Thule or Yakima fairing which worked out much cheaper too (which was refreshing!)

But quieter when the sunroof is open too, so pretty pleased with it!

On a separate note, does anyone know of any halogen colour higher power LED sidelights? Kind of want to retain the standard lighting and not to keen on bright white sidelights unless you've got xenons...
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 12:46 AM   #2
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

Did the chap in Evans (cycles) give any reason for recommending 'not to buy the expensive wing bars'?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 04:07 AM   #3
Gooey33
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 325i M Sport Saloon

The only reason he said to use this combination was I said I didn't want any wind whistle and thought the wing bars would be best. His recommendation was to use this fairing which clips onto the square bars which he claimed had no noise whatsoever. I certainly think that this combination is quieter than my old aero bar setup.

Don't think there's anything wrong with the wing bars if that's what your worried about!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 05:14 AM   #4
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooey33 View Post
Don't think there's anything wrong with the wing bars if that's what your worried about!
Cheers, I may well have to get bars at some stage so that's good to know
Appreciate 0