E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Visual/Acoustic unlock settings not keeping in iDrive

10-02-2019, 08:59 AM   #1
Red_Tears
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Visual/Acoustic unlock settings not keeping in iDrive

Okay, so admittedly I have gotten in over my head with coding these last few days, then my computer crashed and I lost my backup files I had saved in case something like this happened...

I have been coding the KOMBI, NFRM2, CAPPL, and CAS module these past few days as I have retrofitted the OE alarm system so I was changing settings over to show the new modules, (yes I added to VO and both modules show up) However yesterday after I re-coded some settings I lost in CAS and FRM when adding the alarm system to VO, my car now does not visually acknowledge when I lock or unlock the car. Hood switch check is set to off at the moment since I am trying to figure this out. I have the settings in iDrive for visual/acoustic locking but when I select any option it immediately unchecks whatever I do in those menus. The car still locks as I sat in the car and locked it, as well as when outside the car I can hear the system lock. The clown nose blinks and everything, just the visual acknowledgement is missing.

I went through both KOMBI and NFRM2 last night and each setting related to visual/acoustic acknowledgement is set to aktiv. I am at a loss here... are there settings in other modules that may be overriding these settings?

Also, I cannot get into the DWAI or DWAS modules, each time I try to read them I get coapi 2041 error (only when reading DWAI) and coapi 2020 error (only when reading DWAS) Only on those 2 modules though, I can read and code everything else.

Thanks to anyone that can help,

-R

***Of note, my passenger rear window regulator failed a day ago in the down position, if that affects the "arming" status of the car. I have the window forced into the up position but the switch is not connected. The locking mechanism is fully functional however.

I was using NCS expert, and a clean install of Mike's Easy BMW tools. cable is set to com1, latency 1ms, etc.

**UPDATE**

I fixed the visual unlock issue... unsure why but when I set visual locking w/o alarm to aktiv it started working again.... so I have no beeps but I at least have the lights back, success enough for now...
Appreciate 0