E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 009C97 - "Water Valve Left"

11-12-2020, 08:29 AM   #1
ylwf3vr
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi

009C97 - "Water Valve Left"

Hi everyone, new guys here. Just got a used 2011 328xi with ~64000 miles. I saw few YouTubes that talk about Carly so I got the app (already had OBDII). When I ran the diagnostics, this came up and I can't find anything on google or on here with the exact same code -- most are "stratification adjuster" and not "water valve left". Does anyone know what my specific code may mean? I cleared it to see if it will come back on in few days... nothing yet.

Here is the details:
Health - Very Bad "1 Issue Found"
Air Conditioning - 009C98 React Immediately
Description - Schichtungspoti / Water valve left / KCAN: power management battery voltage (PM) / Schichtungspotentiometer

Before I bought the car the owner had the following done at an indy shop:
Battery, oil filter housing gasket, oil change, belt/tensioner, engine/cabin filters, bulbs, brake flush

Doubt any of those may have triggered this. I have no real issues driving or getting A/C and heat in the cabin. Although when I first start the car, it makes whirring noise and the engine shakes fair amount for 10 seconds before settling down. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 06:51 PM   #2
e91Owner
e91Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91 & 2010 e60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylwf3vr View Post
Hi everyone, new guys here. Just got a used 2011 328xi with ~64000 miles. I saw few YouTubes that talk about Carly so I got the app (already had OBDII). When I ran the diagnostics, this came up and I can't find anything on google or on here with the exact same code -- most are "stratification adjuster" and not "water valve left". Does anyone know what my specific code may mean? I cleared it to see if it will come back on in few days... nothing yet.

Here is the details:
Health - Very Bad "1 Issue Found"
Air Conditioning - 009C98 React Immediately
Description - Schichtungspoti / Water valve left / KCAN: power management battery voltage (PM) / Schichtungspotentiometer

Before I bought the car the owner had the following done at an indy shop:
Battery, oil filter housing gasket, oil change, belt/tensioner, engine/cabin filters, bulbs, brake flush

Doubt any of those may have triggered this. I have no real issues driving or getting A/C and heat in the cabin. Although when I first start the car, it makes whirring noise and the engine shakes fair amount for 10 seconds before settling down. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
If they haven't come back, you might be GTG. There are plenty of spurious faults that come up when you change your battery that just go away by clearing them.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 06:39 AM   #3
ylwf3vr
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by e91Owner View Post
If they haven't come back, you might be GTG. There are plenty of spurious faults that come up when you change your battery that just go away by clearing them.
Thanks! I'll check again in few days.
Appreciate 0