E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > I-Drive controller no longer works

04-28-2021, 10:20 AM   #1
autodestruct
Rep
Drives: 335is

I-Drive controller no longer works

So, my battery died in my 2011 335is e93. It took the FRM3 out along with it (lost my windows and interior lights, headlights always on, etc). I ordered a programmer and was able to reflash the FRM3 successfully.

After I reinstalled the FRM3, everything looks like it is back to normal, lights work, windows work, etc. But, my idrive controller doesn't seem to work.

The idrive system itself works, I get a display, the radio works, and I can use the radio buttons to change functions and get new screens. I just get no response from the i-drive controller/joystick itself.

In Protool I get the following errors:
MASK/CCC/E1CD
MASK/CCC/E1CC

ISTA shows 'no communication' with the controller.

I checked the idrive controller, and it's getting 12V. There is also voltage showing up on the KCAN bus.

Before I look for another controller, is there anything else I should check? Is there any programming that is required to recognize the idrive controller? I copied the VO from the CAS to the FRM - did I miss something else?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0