E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Anyone around the Tri-cities area

12-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #111
Freddym11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blacked out 07 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [9.00]
About 2 months...I'm always up tri-cities...
      12-16-2011, 09:10 AM   #112
lancealot72
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i M-sport

Welcome to the boards Freddym11! How are you liking the 335i so far?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #113
Freddym11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [9.00]
Thanks...and I'm lovin it I cant look at imports the same way any more...Just wish it was summer time so I can be at Gold's gym parking lot on friday nights...oh and im not looking forward to paying BMW of tri-cities 480 to change my spark plugs...
      12-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #114
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2CS, M2C, & X5

Welcome to the board!

That's a bit steep, but it could be worse. Just think about what that would cost for an M.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #115
Freddym11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [9.00]
Thx...and yea that's true I just wonder if they'll say anything because I'm planning on doing a resonator and cat delete ...is there ever any meets around here???
      12-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #116
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

There aren't any gatherings except for the local BMWCCA chapter. Not much happens during the winter since folks either store their cars or have winter tires that don't allow much spirited driving. The club is working on putting together a decent calender of events for next year, including a drive to Leavenworth and other places.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #117
Sigma 3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddym11 View Post
About 2 months...I'm always up tri-cities...
yes you are! I saw you yesterday. pm me and I can get those done for you cheaper than that
      12-22-2011, 04:34 PM   #118
Freddym11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [9.00]
Ok will do I'll probably have to wait a couple weeks tho Christmas took all my money...was that u that I passed between 20th and 4th
      12-28-2011, 12:40 AM   #119
Sigma 3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah up on 4th near court.
      01-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #120
Sigma 3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Freddy did you get you plugs done?
      02-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #121
lancealot72
Second Lieutenant
Rep

BMW Tricities

I just had to pass along some information on BMW tricities. There have been some mixed reviews of them in the particular thread. I am not sure about in the NW section in general.

My light came on for an oil change so I call them and make an appointment, they ask me what the service light is on for and I tell them it says its time for the oil to be changed. I bring my car in and tell them I would just wait for the car. After almost two hours go by they finally come over to me and tell me that the car is done and your all set to go. I think, wow that was long time for just an oil change. they tell me that my paperwork will be mailed to me and I didnt bother looking at it when I signed it. Fast forward to the next night. I get in my car to drive home and the service light is on and i go through the idrive and find out that it says my oil needs to be changed. I am like WTH, but think no biggie they didnt reset the light and I happen to be driving right by them on the way home, just need to hop off the highway and pull in. No big deal at all.

I pull up and walk inside real fast. I tell them that I had an appointment yesterday to have my oil changed and my light is still on. The guy grabbed my key FOB, scanned it and looked at me and said what did you make the appointment for yesterday. I told him an oil change, that is what it said on my idrive. He replies something like "uhh, they didnt do an oil change yesterday". They changed the cabin filter and did a brake flush. I had to come back the next day to get the oil changed and wait about another hour.

Anyways, to make a long story short. I am not sure how this happened, but it baffles me that this could have been missed since it states on the Key FOB what needs to be serviced. The amount of time spent there is not too big of a deal, but the competency is what has me concerned.

They are real nice and the SM came out and apologized, but the whole mess up makes me go hmmmm!!!I am attributing it to a massive learning curve since they are new. I will wait to see what the future holds or may have to go to BMW in spokane for future service. Just my .02

Last edited by lancealot72; 02-03-2012 at 11:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #122
Dean181325ci
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 bmw 325ci black on black

I know that this thread is not a craigslist add, but I am just wanting everyone on here to know that my 2005 bmw 325ci is for sale. I would like to keep this vehicle local and we own a body shop so I would be able to help with anything on the vehicle if that it needed something done to it. Anyways it has 81k miles I have a few pictures on my page, I will add more. It is going to be parked outside of Clearwater Collision and Towing across from Les Schwab if that anyone wants to see it in person. Its payed off so just make me a reasonable offer. Well anyways thank you for reading this if you have a friend or family that is looking to buy a Bmw this is a perfect match..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 11:05 PM   #123
Freddym11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma 3 View Post
Freddy did you get you plugs done?
I just ordered them this week they should be here soon...im taking my car into get a oil change on Saturday
      02-05-2012, 03:11 AM   #124
Sigma 3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean181325ci View Post
I know that this thread is not a craigslist add, but I am just wanting everyone on here to know that my 2005 bmw 325ci is for sale. I would like to keep this vehicle local and we own a body shop so I would be able to help with anything on the vehicle if that it needed something done to it. Anyways it has 81k miles I have a few pictures on my page, I will add more. It is going to be parked outside of Clearwater Collision and Towing across from Les Schwab if that anyone wants to see it in person. Its payed off so just make me a reasonable offer. Well anyways thank you for reading this if you have a friend or family that is looking to buy a Bmw this is a perfect match..
My friend Quan paints there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddym11 View Post
I just ordered them this week they should be here soon...im taking my car into get a oil change on Saturday
Where did you take it? The stealership?
      02-05-2012, 03:17 AM   #125
Sigma 3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancealot72 View Post
I just had to pass along some information on BMW tricities. There have been some mixed reviews of them in the particular thread. I am not sure about in the NW section in general.

My light came on for an oil change so I call them and make an appointment, they ask me what the service light is on for and I tell them it says its time for the oil to be changed. I bring my car in and tell them I would just wait for the car. After almost two hours go by they finally come over to me and tell me that the car is done and your all set to go. I think, wow that was long time for just an oil change. they tell me that my paperwork will be mailed to me and I didnt bother looking at it when I signed it. Fast forward to the next night. I get in my car to drive home and the service light is on and i go through the idrive and find out that it says my oil needs to be changed. I am like WTH, but think no biggie they didnt reset the light and I happen to be driving right by them on the way home, just need to hop off the highway and pull in. No big deal at all.

I pull up and walk inside real fast. I tell them that I had an appointment yesterday to have my oil changed and my light is still on. The guy grabbed my key FOB, scanned it and looked at me and said what did you make the appointment for yesterday. I told him an oil change, that is what it said on my idrive. He replies something like "uhh, they didnt do an oil change yesterday". They changed the cabin filter and did a brake flush. I had to come back the next day to get the oil changed and wait about another hour.

Anyways, to make a long story short. I am not sure how this happened, but it baffles me that this could have been missed since it states on the Key FOB what needs to be serviced. The amount of time spent there is not too big of a deal, but the competency is what has me concerned.

They are real nice and the SM came out and apologized, but the whole mess up makes me go hmmmm!!!I am attributing it to a massive learning curve since they are new. I will wait to see what the future holds or may have to go to BMW in spokane for future service. Just my .02
That blows lance. I hope they get it together. Most of my body panels have arrived. Long is done with my rear bumper but i havent decided on a front bumper yet. My proceede is still sitting in the box. i am hoping to get started on the body work the first of march and might put the tune in right before it goes in for paint. ( just to torture myself.)
      02-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #126
Freddym11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [9.00]
Yeah I took it into the dealership...now I just have to wait til Saturday to get my plugs replaced...
      02-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #127
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
... I pull up and walk inside real fast. I tell them that I had an appointment yesterday to have my oil changed and my light is still on. The guy grabbed my key FOB, scanned it and looked at me and said what did you make the appointment for yesterday. I told him an oil change, that is what it said on my idrive. He replies something like "uhh, they didnt do an oil change yesterday". They changed the cabin filter and did a brake flush. I had to come back the next day to get the oil changed and wait about another hour...
Hmm... interesting. First Delvin leaves, then Ian, now this. Hopefully they took this seriously and are working to make sure the folks in service are paying more attention to what they're doing.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #128
Sigma 3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW003E View Post
Hmm... interesting. First Delvin leaves, then Ian, now this. Hopefully they took this seriously and are working to make sure the folks in service are paying more attention to what they're doing.
I didnt know those two left! I wonder what happened. Delvin was good to me.
      02-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #129
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

Not sure about Delvin, he was there a couple of weeks before Christmas but gone when I took my car in before New Years. Ian left sometime in the last couple of weeks. We were told his wife got into some school in Arizona so they moved.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #130
Dean181325ci
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=Sigma 3;11282908]My friend Quan paints there.

Nice, he is a good painter I had to have my hood repainted, because i didnt like the rock chips so it was a lot of prep work and matching for that car but we did it.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #131
lancealot72
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Oh man, it just gets better. I was leaving work the other night and when I started my car, the service light came on, so I looked in my idrive and it says it needs the brakes flushed. If you read my post above, they did a brake flush when they were only supposed to do an oil change. I had to come back again to get an oil change a day later.

So, they did a brake flush when they were supposed to do an oil change, they did not reset the brake flush service interval when they did do a brake flush. I had to come back a day later for an oil change appointment that was supposed to be done the first day. Now, the oil information on my idrive says that the next service is about two years from now or 18,000 miles. Something doesnt seem right to me.

I am starting to become concerned about this dealership. Does anyone else have experience with tricities BMW, besides the few of us?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #132
Dean181325ci
United_States
Rep

I dont know why that you have experienced problems with Tim Bush. We are a preferred body shop with fixing all of the BMW's that come from that store. And I do know Tim, and his two sons on a personal level. If you would like to I could go down there and talk to them if you want and see if we can not figure out the issue here. They have always taken care of customers for as long as I can remember. I know they have a really new staff of employees that are working with the service department, so that might be the issue, but normally we dont hear any issues about that store. Like I said I would not mind meeting up and driving over there and figuring out the issue.
Appreciate 0