E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Help :( DTC DSC error

02-16-2015, 07:43 AM   #1
IceMan007
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Help :( DTC DSC error

Hi,

I've got the dreaded DSC DTC stability failure on my 335D. Strangely, after having my error codes read, nothing comes up on the DSC/ABS. The only errors I have are:

4232 - Motor Control - Glow Plug 3
4252 - Motor Control - Glow Plug 5
4262 - Motor Control - Glow Plug 6
9C53 - Air Con - PTC LIN (What is this??)
D810 - Audio/Navi/Comms CD Changer - Ring break diagnosis error
9CB3 - Body - Clearance Sensor Front

Cleared the codes and the above are the ones that keep being detected.

Bit more info - Recently checked air pressure in the tyres and a few were quite low. Normally, this would have triggered the air pressure warning but it didn't come up which makes me feel it could be related to the speed wheel sensors.

That confuses matters more, as I don't get any error codes indicating that they are not working...

Car is a 56 plate and I am also still running original battery - Reads at 10.6 volt before I start the vehicle, rising to and hovering at the 14.5V mark.

I've got an MOT due soon and I understand any warnings pertaining to DTC and ABS will be an automatic fail. Is this true??

Now, I know ECU testing can fix up the ABS pump if it was that (Error codes 5DF1 and 5DF0 but I don't have these), but could it be some other gremlin?

Really worried and could do with some guidance as to where to look without having to spend relatively obscene amounts of cash chasing ghosts.

Any ideas, chaps?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 08:07 AM   #2
IceMan007
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

A bit more info, I did have the passenger rear wheel bearing replaced a few months due to excess noise.

Could this have disturbed the sensors? Wheel or ABS or angle?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 10:59 AM   #3
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Don't recognise the codes but the DSC hydro unit will play up if your battery or alternator's a bit poorly therefore worth looking at this as a battery/alternator fault can produce issues, your right re codes 5DF0/F1 the most common one's we see but just because there's no code don't ignore it, we've replaced hydro's only to find battery's are a bit dicky and if coded with a battery that's poor you can have issues therefore get that checked out replacing the battery isn't the full story as it'll need coding to the car even if its the same battery as coming out of the car.
      02-17-2015, 06:57 AM   #4
IceMan007
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks Steve. Let's say I replace the battery and have it coded correctly.

And the DSC/DTC error remains. What then?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 07:12 AM   #5
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan007 View Post
Thanks Steve. Let's say I replace the battery and have it coded correctly.

And the DSC/DTC error remains. What then?
Fair point all depends on how the DSC unit may have(if proven to be the case)reacted to a lack of power, if the faults still there via decent diagnostic equipment you should be able to read the info once read you dial into the fault and find the route cause(which is what we do)

If the faults there and its internal sadly you're going the ECU testing repair/replacement route
      02-18-2015, 07:13 AM   #6
IceMan007
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Where are you based Steve, and how much would you charge for the diagnostic you describe?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 03:13 PM   #7
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Where are you based Steve, and how much would you charge for the diagnostic you describe?
Stevenage Herts
      02-19-2015, 04:35 PM   #8
Cro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
A bit more info, I did have the passenger rear wheel bearing replaced a few months due to excess noise.

Could this have disturbed the sensors? Wheel or ABS or angle?
My dtc/abs codes were coming up because of a bad wheel bearing (poor magnetic signal or something) a new bearing and a clean of the area the sensor picks up from all the build up surface rust and no codes. Worth checking
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 12:45 AM   #9
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cro View Post
My dtc/abs codes were coming up because of a bad wheel bearing (poor magnetic signal or something) a new bearing and a clean of the area the sensor picks up from all the build up surface rust and no codes. Worth checking
True on these cars you can have this issue along with corroded drive shaft reluctor ring sweeling(due to corrosion)that wears the sensor can wear the inside of the hub out and of course bearing and there are more areas where it can be triggered too.

OP's description meant ins amongst other things power power being low on the battery side, IBS cablealfunction and alternator power issues will all cause a fault in the hydro unit though which again we've seen before but the mere fact that no fault code is showing or registering makes me wonder about power and / or signal scanning codes via a code reader all good correct diag though has to be the best way forward along with if inconclusive rear drive train examination looking at the bearing / drive shaft area