E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CIC Retrofit - changing Script Activation for patched FSC

09-06-2021, 12:46 AM   #1
TheWoj
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330d

CIC Retrofit - changing Script Activation for patched FSC

Hi all,

I've got a CIC system retrofitted into my 2006 E90 which was script activated by the seller (and updated to the latest firmware). For some reason something didn't quite work and voice control isn't working. I've also retrofitted a combox and would like to get BMW Apps working too.

I've researched the alternative method of using intel123's patcher and fstool to create and sign your own fsc certificates + tool32 to write my vin to the CIC. I think I'm comfortable with all these steps and have the tools to do them.

What I'm not sure about is the steps to virginize the CIC and whether I need to / how to remove the existing script activation from the unit before I can apply intel123's patcher. I don't think I'd be comfortable having to reflash the unit. Would much appreciate if anyone can shed any light....

Thanks
Alexander
Appreciate 0