E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > MHD and Thor the same thing?

04-28-2021, 01:10 PM   #1
E91-330i-M-Sport
Rep
Drives: E91 330i M Sport

MHD and Thor the same thing?

I bought an Orange MHD WiFi adapter and when connected to the car, the wireless adapter appears as 'Thor'. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Im also unable to get either xHP or MHD apps to recognise the adapter when Im successfully connected to it via wifi with phone or table in airplane mode.

Disappointed and confused to say the least! Was hoping to get the auto box flashed this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 11:47 AM   #2
LastGray
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E90

I bought one too and while it connected under “MHD”, the connection intermittently drops from my iPhone with the latest iOS while doing logs and using the gauges. Don’t dare to flash anything until MHD resolves this. Till then, it’s an orange brick.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 10:57 AM   #3
North_Shore
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

I've got the Thor dongle, just got it and after t 2 successful connections I has stopped giving a WiFi signal, is there a cable that can be used with the iPhone?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 01:21 AM   #4
LastGray
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E90

I’ve used the MHD WiFi dongle with my iPhone 11, initial connection was a bit iffy but once it hooked up I’ve had no problems whatsoever other than an intermittent disconnection. I reckon it’s down to the unstable power supply from the OBD port or my 13yr old alternator isn’t as good as it used to be.

Fortunately MHD has updated their N54 app to automatically reconnect upon a disconnection. Flashing works perfectly well, although I use a CTEK battery tender for any long/full writes as insurance.
Appreciate 0