E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > BMW of Alexandria - Winter Service Clinic

02-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
alex2364
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP / 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [10.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
BMW of Alexandria - Winter Service Clinic

Has anyone gotten a letter/email about a "Winter Service Clinic" from BMW? I got one from BMW of Alexandria and decided to show up since it was free and it says they'll perform a "complimentary vehicle condition report". My warranty runs out in a few months so I thought it couldn't hurt.

Well, I get there and the service department is pretty packed. Almost everyone there was there for the Winter Service Clinic. While I was waiting, 3 customers in front of me were finishing up and all of them had issues with their car totaling at least $500+. Of course they weren't under warranty.

One hour after waiting around, my SA comes over and said there are no issues with my car. If there were, warranty would've taken care of it. This made me skeptical of the whole thing. I was thinking for cars not under warranty, they would find the smallest issue and say it needs to be fixed. While cars still under warranty, they wouldn't be able to get BMW NA to cover these repairs so they'd say there's no issue.

And on a completely different note, I sat in a F30 in the showroom and the interior felt very plastic. Beige leatherette and silver matte trim doesn't go well together at all. Plus it was a used no line base 2012 model. You'd think if they're trying to show off the car, they'd get a loaded luxury/sport line.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
Eugeinus
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' Audi A6

Wouldn't be surprised - I'd be skeptical too. This is probably a good money maker for them as they trick people into thinking they are getting a "free vehicle report" when in reality they are just fishing to find any sort of issues wrong with people's cars.

I had the F30 as a loaner and actually liked the inside. Still think the exterior of the E90 looks superior.
      02-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

I got a similar letter from BMW Fairfax (even though my car has never been serviced there). I figured the same thing: it would be packed with people looking for free food or something, and BMW telling them they "need" $1,000+ in repairs or their car will blow up. No thanks!!