E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Is factory harness support high res audio

06-25-2019, 06:13 AM   #1
poseidonhkg
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i Touring

Is factory harness support high res audio

Hi guys,

a big project is coming to my e91, I would upgrade to high res of audio source and front stage audio as well. I plan to retrofit the Sony rsx-gs9 head unit, adding helix p6 dsp amplifier to supply a pair of focal utopia tbe & 3w2be locate at pillar a.

The question is, do I need to re-wiring the source harness between head unit and amplifier? Sony's head unit provide optical and rca x 6 channels. I'm not sure should I rewriting the RCA cable or keep the factory harness.

Anyone has advice... thx

Currently, the factory with professional head unit with HiFi audio system. I have retrofitted PP82DSP almost 3 years ago and it supplies to k2 power 100krs for 4 doors, harman kardon loudspeaker @ headlining and utopia as center. A mono focal amplifier supply to 2 of focal IFBMWSub v2 subwoofer.ent from my Huawei phone
Appreciate 0