E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Clock Time/Date Not Updating

06-25-2019, 01:10 PM   #1
JonnyInTheRVA
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i e90

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Clock Time/Date Not Updating

I recently bought my 335i and it has an aftermarket Android head unit installed. I'm pretty sure it is an AVIN unit but can't be 100% because it was already installed. Since my issue is likely related to the unit my search in this forum and Google has not helped much, and also my clock does not reset to 12:00 or display --:--

My clock both on the gauge cluster and through the unit does not keep time or date. They are married to each other and I've set the correct time both through the unit and in the gauge cluster. But every time I set it it works fine while the car is running but I turn it off and go back to drive it later in the day or a couple days later the clock and date stays the same as it was when I turned the car off. It's like time stands still while i'm not driving.

I asked the former owner about the issue and he said it was because the "Navigation" wasn't installed. This car is a base 09 335i so no factory Nav. The unit has a external GPS fakra cable hookup but also came with a splitter. I plugged this up to no avail. I see a fakra hookup on the back of the factory head unit that he included in the sale but i don't see a cable in the dash behind the unit. There is no hardwired fakra cable in dash. I've searched and found that in the trunk behind the back seat there's a hookup for the SOS system that I assumes goes up to the sharkfin. If I hardwire a 10 foot fakra cable from the unit it's plugged into in the trunk to the headunit in dash will that solve my issue?
Appreciate 0