E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 0-60 in 4.58s! XEDE-equipped 335i 0-60 & 1/4 mi. Timed with New Beltronics Vector FX1

03-20-2007, 12:31 PM   #45
kujo
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge View Post
So the $99 FX1 is more accurate than the $300 G-Tec Pro? I want my money back!
No.
The GTech PRO is much more accurate.
As I said on the 0-60 runs I did with all three, the GTech was only .2 seconds off.
the GTimer (same as Bell unit) was .7 seconds off.

Just did a bunch of runs with all three in the car.

Just observations, not science.......

kj
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 08:20 PM   #46
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

That might be the quote of the day:

"Just observations, not science...."
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2007, 03:41 AM   #47
serge
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP (Sold) / '06 C6 Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
No no....the Gtech I was referring to was the old one...not the GTech Pro which was highly rated by Car and Driver. Remember, you probably would have a hard time clicking off anything quicker than a tenth of a second on a hand held stop watch..try it...these accelerometers are pretty darn impressive for the price. Plus you can superimpose any runs you want on the graphs to compare different cars, runs, etc. For example, you can easily tell the M3 runs with the distinctive shifts on the graph, compared to the smooth steptronic shifts (black line) of the 335i. Also, as long as you can get a consistant means of measuring your accleration, even if it is alway a .10 seconds/.50mph off, at least you will have meaningful information to see the performance gains of your vehicle when you do modifications, troubleshooting, etc.
oh...the first gen G-Tech...ok

The FX1 was on my list of candidates, but I have this "you get what you pay for" mentality and I chose the more expensive G-tech. I guess I was wrong about the FX1.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2007, 11:36 AM   #48
kujo
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge View Post
oh...the first gen G-Tech...ok

The FX1 was on my list of candidates, but I have this "you get what you pay for" mentality and I chose the more expensive G-tech. I guess I was wrong about the FX1.
You weren't wrong... the GTech PRO IS more accurate....
I've proven it, with a GPS unit........

kj
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 11:37 PM   #49
BMW335i-FX
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Black/Black

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post

BMWPower06 -- Soon.
Any news ???
      03-28-2007, 08:09 AM   #50
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Haven't had the opportunity to try again, but I also didn't get my PROcede from Shiv yet. I'll see if I can do a couple more timed runs today.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2007, 09:25 AM   #51
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Haven't had the opportunity to try again, but I also didn't get my PROcede from Shiv yet. I'll see if I can do a couple more timed runs today.
Do it Do it Do it
      03-28-2007, 09:26 AM   #52
BMWPower06
A^M=G is nothing w/o the Power of ///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M5 & ///M3

Quote:
waiting
      03-28-2007, 01:38 PM   #53
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Well, I did a couple more runs, but nothing exciting to post about.

I turned DTC and DSC off completely as some have suggested (press and hold the DTC button), and my wheels/tires spun too much, so I got a bad launch and my times were horrible. Then, I just turned on DTC (just 1 quick press of the DTC button), and got 4.65 sec. 0-60mph and 13.3 sec. 1/4 mi. @ 104mph, so again, nothing great to write about. So far, this method seems to work best for me.

On a good note, I spoke with Shiv this afternoon, and he tracked my PROcede shipment, which should be arriving at my door later this afternoon. I should get it installed tomorrow or Fri., and then, once I know all went well with my XEDE --->PROcede conversion, I'll do some more timed runs to see if I get some better times with the PROcede.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2007, 03:42 PM   #54
BMWPower06
United_States
Rep

SFLGator r u on the stock RFT?
      03-28-2007, 03:54 PM   #55
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPower06 View Post
SFLGator r u on the stock RFT?
No...look at my sig.

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2007, 11:29 PM   #56
Jeff@Eurobahn.us
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: European

Quote:
No...look at my sig.
Hey can you post a profile shot of the car so I can see what those look like. It sounds beautiful!

Jeff
Eurobahn
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2007, 11:39 PM   #57
BMWPower06
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No...look at my sig.
r u still spinning with PS2s, i heard they werent that great but they are still much better than RFTs
      03-29-2007, 07:52 AM   #58
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPower06 View Post
r u still spinning with PS2s, i heard they werent that great but they are still much better than RFTs
They're 5x better than the RFTs, and they don't really spin at all, unless I totally disengage DTC and DSC.

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2007, 07:59 AM   #59
hotrod182
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50

Quote:

I turned DTC and DSC off completely as some have suggested (press and hold the DTC button), and my wheels/tires spun too much, so I got a bad launch and my times were horrible. Then, I just turned on DTC (just 1 quick press of the DTC button), and got 4.65 sec. 0-60mph and 13.3 sec. 1/4 mi. @ 104mph, so again, nothing great to write about. So far, this method seems to work best for me.

On a good note, I spoke with Shiv this afternoon, and he tracked my PROcede shipment, which should be arriving at my door later this afternoon. I should get it installed tomorrow or Fri., and then, once I know all went well with my XEDE --->PROcede conversion, I'll do some more timed runs to see if I get some better times with the PROcede.
How in the world do I get 13.3 at 105 in my stock 335i steptronic, on stock runflats? Were you testing in 90F, humid weather? I wonder if it is possible the performance somehow deteriorates over time with the Procede?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2007, 10:58 AM   #60
bmwzimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: 335

If it did, your butt Dyno will definitely notice...
No one has complained thus far that the acceleration has dropped after XXX miles....
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2007, 09:31 PM   #61
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Z06, '07 MKZ

Quote:

Just got my FX2 today. Ran a few short runs. Got a 4.65 0-60 on the 1st try, 4.75 on the 2nd, 4.95 on the 3rd (am I going in the wrong direction?). Haven't done the 1/4 yet, as I didn't have the room. Will check in the next few days.

I have MT, 275 PS2s rear, PROcede (haven't been to the dyno yet). I was using the DSC pressed for a second, not held down. I found that the limiting factor was what RPM to start with. It seemed to bog down, and the clutch is slow to engage. The car was playing "catch-up" from the start.

Yes, I have ordered a modified CDV from Zeckhausen today, and I am on the LSD list.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2007, 09:43 PM   #62
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocoins View Post
Just got my FX2 today. Ran a few short runs. Got a 4.65 0-60 on the 1st try, 4.75 on the 2nd, 4.95 on the 3rd (am I going in the wrong direction?). Haven't done the 1/4 yet, as I didn't have the room. Will check in the next few days.

I have MT, 275 PS2s rear, PROcede (haven't been to the dyno yet). I was using the DSC pressed for a second, not held down. I found that the limiting factor was what RPM to start with. It seemed to bog down, and the clutch is slow to engage. The car was playing "catch-up" from the start.

Yes, I have ordered a modified CDV from Zeckhausen today, and I am on the LSD list.
Not too bad; I just got my PROcede installed today, and I'll try to do a couple 1/4 mi. timed runs tomorrow on the same hwy. road I did them all on with the XEDE. Just from my initial impressions, it seems a bit slower than with with the XEDE, but that's probably just due to the PROcede making the power in a much smoother fashion instead of like an on/off switch. With the XEDE, when the turbo boost kicked in, it was like ..."OMG...hold on." So far, with the PROcede, it feels more like stock (much smoother power delivery throughout the rpm band), only faster. I'm hoping I can beat my previous XEDE times, or at the very least, match them.

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2007, 09:58 PM   #63
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not too bad; I just got my PROcede installed today, and I'll try to do a couple 1/4 mi. timed runs tomorrow on the same hwy. road I did them all on with the XEDE. Just from my initial impressions, it seems a bit slower than with with the XEDE, but that's probably just due to the PROcede making the power in a much smoother fashion instead of like an on/off switch. With the XEDE, when the turbo boost kicked in, it was like ..."OMG...hold on." So far, with the PROcede, it feels more like stock (much smoother power delivery throughout the rpm band), only faster. I'm hoping I can beat my previous XEDE times, or at the very least, match them.
This car isn't going to be stellar in the standing start in my opinion, regardless of the options. Its' strength is in the 20-120 range. I do a great deal of highway driving, and it is strong, strong, strong in passing mode, especially in 3rd gear. 4th is great also.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2007, 10:03 PM   #64
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
This car isn't going to be stellar in the standing start in my opinion, regardless of the options. Its' strength is in the 20-120 range. I do a great deal of highway driving, and it is strong, strong, strong in passing mode, especially in 3rd gear. 4th is great also.
Based upon my experience thus far (with the XEDE), I tend to agree. I think only with "the perfect launch" can you achieve < 4.5 sec. 0-60mph and < 13.0 sec. 1/4 mi. with this modded car, but never say never...I'm still going to try. FWIW, I'd be willing to bet that those ppl with PROCede Stage 1 (the PROcede + exhaust) should be able to get a couple more ticks off 0-60mph and 1/4 mi. times though, but again only with a great launch.

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2007, 10:09 PM   #65
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Based upon my experience thus far (with the XEDE), I tend to agree. I think only with "the perfect launch" can you achieve < 4.5 sec. 0-60mph and < 13.0 sec. 1/4 mi. with this modded car, but never say never...I'm still going to try. FWIW, I'd be willing to bet that those ppl with PROCede Stage 1 (the PROcede + exhaust) should be able to get a couple more ticks off 0-60mph and 1/4 mi. times though, but again only with a great launch.
Agreed! There is already a 12.68 posted. The car is obviously capable of even better.....if it can get the torque to the pavement.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2007, 10:40 PM   #66
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Agreed! There is already a 12.68 posted. The car is obviously capable of even better.....if it can get the torque to the pavement.
Yeah, that was "rflow" here in Miami with his AA tuned 335i (not PROcede), a custom cat-back exhaust and drag radials; he went to the Moroso track. So, that tells me that it's most likely going to be difficult to equal that 1/4 mi. time with the stock exhaust and street tires, even with the PROcede. Like you said, it's not from of a lack of HP/TQ; it's the traction issue and getting all that power to the wheels for a great launch. With that said, I still think it's possible for guys like you and I (with a PROcede-equipped 335i, stock exhaust, and Michelin PS2s) to do ~ 4.4 sec. 0-60mph and ~12.8 sec. 1/4 mi. Whatever it is, this car is still fast as $hit!

Appreciate 0