E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > My experience with Doncaster BMW and the Allianz Extended New Car Warranty!

06-20-2014, 01:36 AM   #23
aliti
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 330D Msport

Bought my 330d from Doncaster BMW, and you are not alone. Will never go back.
Their service department has no idea and none of their sales people know about after sales customer care.
Picked up my 330d and noticed a slight oil leak from the oil filter housing. i knew where it was leaking from and I knew what was involved to fix.
I had the service manager try to explain to me that it was power steering fluid leaking and would involve looking at pumps and so on. Real persistent he was until I asked him to explain and show me where does the fluid go in a car that has electric steering??
I really fired up at him. Poor excuse for a service centre. The dealer principle doesn't care either. They just cover up each other.
I even forfeited a free service offer from them and just took the car somewhere else. Never looked back.
Funny how different dealerships can be so different. Mornington BMW have been fantastic but I also have been meaning to try Andrew at Southern BM.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 07:25 PM   #24
samchuang33
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY 16 440i & MY20 X7 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by acediac View Post
Will second the motion for Brisbane BMW. Bought a 2010 car from them 3 weeks ago, found the undertray torn up and dodgy intake chargepipe (which had been "fixed" by the previous owner with a cable tie) two weeks after delivery. These problems were not picked up even after getting it independently inspected, and they replaced with new parts, without too much protest, gave me a new demonstration loan car for the duration of repairs, and returned my car fully fixed and detailed.

After hearing some horror stories on forums I was prepared for the worst, but was pleasantly surprised. Having said that, it *is* just 2-3 weeks after the sale, and I did write a formal letter of complaint just to document things in case it got nasty (which it never did). If you deal with them, talk to William, he seems a good bloke, tell him Andrew sent you.
TBH, I have always had a pretty good experience with Brisbane BMW. I ask them pick up car and drop off a loan car every time when I service my 330d which they don't charge extra for. Yes they are expensive but they do a good job. When the diff on the X5 broke, they let me leave the car there fore 2 month while I got part shipped over from US. I wont take my BMW else where, especially when still under extended warranty. I might take car to mike prestige and performance cooparoo once warranty if up.

I have heard bad story from motorline thou. They had previously charged my brother $4000 engine repairs on his M5 which they say will definitely fix problem but didn't. Then they wanted another $4000 on top to fix. They had no clue and did not warrant they repairs.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 12:35 AM   #25
BMJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliti View Post
Funny how different dealerships can be so different. Mornington BMW
Active Motorwerke Ali, best in price and service in my opinion. only place i take my car to.

They also do warranty work for extended warranties. I have had few jobs done under mine.

Jin and Steven are top blokes and give a great service.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 09:27 AM   #26
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMJ View Post
Active Motorwerke Ali, best in price and service in my opinion. only place i take my car to.

They also do warranty work for extended warranties. I have had few jobs done under mine.

Jin and Steven are top blokes and give a great service.
Yes I agree
Appreciate 0