E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > DRL replacement

04-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
DaveL86
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Mineral White

DRL replacement

Hi Guys,

I want to replace my day running lights on my e90 and i just want to know what is the model of the OEM one?

How high i can go without burning the components inside?

thank you.
      04-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #2
Kalidian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW '09 E90 328xi

What are you looking to replace them with? On my '09 LCI the stock bulbs were just halogen H8 bulbs. Emitted an ugly yellow. I think yours would be the same. They'll look like this:

They're easy enough to replace, you won't "burn" anything inside your headlights unless you really go out of your way to muck something up lol.

Just pop the hood, and look at the back of the headlight housing; on each side you'll see a round, black cap with fins on it (there'll be a white warranty sticker which you'll need to break if you want to change the bulbs). Twist it whichever way it'll turn (I think counterclock-wise) and pop it off, and you'll be able to access the bulb from there. See pic below.

From there you just twist the bulb to 'unlock' it and you can pull it straight out. The hardest part is inserting the new bulb just because you won't be able to see what you're doing and it only goes in and secures one way. The most important thing though is to replace that black fin cap tightly and securely, because it keeps moisture out of the housing.

This is my car after I changed mine out. I went with LUX V3's, but you have a lot of other options. Sorry for large image.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 06:48 AM   #3
DaveL86
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Mineral White

Helped alot, thank you.