E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > !!!MASSIVE UPDATE!!! I broke my suspension! Car looks good though - STUDIO IN CAR



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-06-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
103
Rep
3,828
Posts

Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central North to West London

iTrader: (2)

Talking !!!MASSIVE UPDATE!!! I broke my suspension! Car looks good though - STUDIO IN CAR

I AM ON AIR!!! WOOP WOOP

Well i didn't break my suspension... more so broke my bank account and after
a few months of my new suspension setup i decided to go all out and go for a
full air setup!!!

I went all out and went for the best money could buy.

Brand new, Latest design AirLift Kit with full Accuair E-Level & I-Level kit!!!

The guys at Studio In Car hooked me up and they are the best in the business
for customer service as well as turn around time!

Drove the car in on a monday and i could have driven out on the thursday if i
had the time to get down there. So i left it with them for 6 days and they did a
small shoot for me.



SO FIRSTLY
HERE IS A VIDEO OF THE I-LEVEL DOING ITS JOB... Yes that is controlled with a mobile
http://instagram.com/p/siI5DAqN9Y/?modal=true


Ohhhh and just a quick one.
I nearly bought new wheels recently. But considering these SSRs cost 3000+
Landed in the UK, Also the only set of SSRs MS1s on an E92 world wide, i still
think they have some life in them. So instead of swapping them, they will be
going in for a full refurb on Monday.
Full Brushed Metal face and repolish of my lips.

Also i have ordered a PB Big Brake Kit for both front and rear.

Hey, if you are going to do it, do it right!



So here are the pics

















Here are a few extra phone pics
Pic of the all new rear control arm, bag and elevel system






This is my simple boot build that they did for me.
The best thing of all is that it is moveable!!!
I use my boot daily, so i can slide it completely to one side if i need to put my seats down!!!
These guys are awesome!



BY the way
This is the kit i went for if anyone is interested. (FYI the wireless I-level is an extra 300-350.
http://www.studioincar.com/shop/bmw-...ement-package/
Studio in car are the most competitive for labour installation prices too!!!

They fixed a whole load of other little bits free of charge which anyone else would have left.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 12:20 PM   #2
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
103
Rep
3,828
Posts

Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central North to West London

iTrader: (2)

In regards to the handling


ITS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING

Only the smallest bit stiffer than OEM, but absolutely NO MORE CRASHYNESS!

It handles amazing in bends and all i can say is it smacks my old coilover setup in the face!

I am absolutely amazed!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
ArsE92
First Lieutenant
ArsE92's Avatar
United Kingdom
11
Rep
396
Posts

Drives: E92 335i SE
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North-West UK

iTrader: (1)

That's brilliant!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #4
gangzoom
Lieutenant Colonel
124
Rep
1,829
Posts

Drives: E90 335i M sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Leicester

iTrader: (1)

Not normally a fan of massively lowered cars, but your look fab, you can really tell everything's been done properly with no corner cutting
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #5
corasdad
Lieutenant
corasdad's Avatar
United Kingdom
13
Rep
595
Posts

Drives: m sport 320d
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lancashire

iTrader: (0)



what a picture that's perfect
__________________
2006 320d Msport,sunshades, remapped , strut brace, air scoops, black grills,custom exhaust , performance filter, light up gear knob ,blue led interior lights,leather wrapped dash trims, csl spoiler more to come
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 02:09 PM   #6
whateva411
Lieutenant
19
Rep
431
Posts

Drives: 2014 F32 430d MSport EB
Join Date: May 2011
Location: west mids

iTrader: (0)

That looks amazing
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #7
MAN15H
Lieutenant
MAN15H's Avatar
United Kingdom
25
Rep
461
Posts

Drives: BMW 335i 4 Door Auto MSport
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bedfordshire

iTrader: (1)

That looks like a great set-up and your car looks fantastic when its slammed to the ground... Love it

Almost 4000 with the i level system

Well done though

Last edited by MAN15H; 09-06-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 03:16 PM   #8
col2611
Lieutenant
20
Rep
515
Posts

Drives: E93 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Manchester

iTrader: (1)

That's a serious tuck at the back. Love it!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #9
Nobber
Lieutenant
Nobber's Avatar
England
16
Rep
413
Posts

Drives: 'That' 335i Touring
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Newbury - Berks

iTrader: (1)

EPIC! Truly EPIC.

Shakey is a top guy too, got mad respect for his work and work ethic.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 03:41 PM   #10
JesseJames
JC
United Kingdom
8
Rep
561
Posts

Drives: E93
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Suffolk

iTrader: (0)

Sick cant wait for the wheels to be done!!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 04:16 PM   #11
scaryprowler
Private First Class
United Kingdom
2
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: E92 335i DCT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Berkshire, United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

This is insane! Love it
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 04:44 PM   #12
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
AlanYoro35i's Avatar
United Kingdom
185
Rep
3,376
Posts

Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South West

iTrader: (1)

You have some magical card account man!! Let me know how much pb brake's custom charge is?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 05:34 PM   #13
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
103
Rep
3,828
Posts

Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central North to West London

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsE92 View Post
That's brilliant!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangzoom View Post
Not normally a fan of massively lowered cars, but your look fab, you can really tell everything's been done properly with no corner cutting
Quote:
Originally Posted by corasdad View Post
what a picture that's perfect
Quote:
Originally Posted by whateva411 View Post
That looks amazing
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN15H View Post
That looks like a great set-up and your car looks fantastic when its slammed to the ground... Love it
Almost 4000 with the i level system
Well done though
Quote:
Originally Posted by col2611 View Post
That's a serious tuck at the back. Love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaryprowler View Post
This is insane! Love it
THANKS FOR ALL THE KIND COMMENTS!!!

I know air isn't for everyone, but this is the best single mod i've done to the car! I can now drive the car without the worry of rubbing, without the worry of hitting pot holes, car grips like crazy and corners flatter than ever and its just so sweet to air out when parked and watch everyone heads turn and jaws hit the floor!


Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
Sick cant wait for the wheels to be done!!
Cheers mate, i am looking forward to how the refurb looks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoro35i View Post
You have some magical card account man!! Let me know how much pb brake's custom charge is?
I have asked Dan at PB to mark the package down heavily. We will see what the damage is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobber View Post
EPIC! Truly EPIC.

Shakey is a top guy too, got mad respect for his work and work ethic.
He is one top guy! I was hesitant about all this, but he put my mind completely at ease.
He is an absolute legend all large future works will only be done with him!!!



Here is a blog Shakey Studioincar wrote on the car and the work
http://www.studioincar.com/best/

Here are a few more pics on the simple boot install. Its very basic for now, but a full blown install will be happening at some point




Last edited by Josh1a1h; 09-06-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #14
KingKL
New Member
2
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: E92 335i soon
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Surrey UK

iTrader: (0)

This car is so awesome.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 08:38 PM   #15
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
72
Rep
2,204
Posts

Drives: M4 F83
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The world

iTrader: (4)

I respect the work and investment - certainly an individual car but why is it needed ?
__________________
Engine Mods: VF HEX Stage 2, ER Charge Pipes, VRSF Catless Downpipes, BMS Intakes and PCW Exhaust Mod
Running Gear Mods: HRE Flow Form F01, Yellow Stuff pads.
Cosmetic: Performance Grill, Lip Spoiler, Splitters, Side Skirt Extensions, Diffuser and BMS Tips
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 02:48 AM   #16
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
103
Rep
3,828
Posts

Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central North to West London

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKL View Post
This car is so awesome.
THanks mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragha View Post
I respect the work and investment - certainly an individual car but why is it needed ?
Thank you.
Fair enough question...whether or not it is needed depends on the owner.

Unlike some people in the 'car scene' which drive with their daily cars INSANELY Low, i just couldn't do this, or live with this. This whole "low life is a way of life" is utter bull to me.
It is my daily car which gets me from point A to B as well as the car i just take out for a drive when i have that need.
It is also the car i use to attend the smaller monthly local car meets down at ace cafe as well as the larger awesome meets during show season.
The I-level was extra money, but this is just for showing off at shows tbh. But once you spend 3500 plus, what is an extra 300 for this kind of kl technology.
It is a car that i take people too and from the airport occasionally.
Living in central London which probably has the worst roads riddled with potholes and the most speedbumps anywhere in the UK. Family and friends also have extremely steep drive ways and being able to get up and down them without damaging anything is very useful.
As much as i hate it, i am occasionally a local taxi for friends and being low as well as having people in the back can cause some serious rubbing issues.
In terms of carrying passengers which is my biggest hate, i do carry business associates and can have a full car. Having to explain what that rubbing noise is has not got tiring and just plain embarrassing.

I drive my 335i hard and i need that car to handle well, as well as be comfortable. I am not wanting an all out track car for handling as I will never reach the limits of the car on the streets. But i am the kind of guy that likes to know the car can handle it if need be.

And AIR ticks all these boxes and does it very well.


I will leave two videos which show the capabilities of the kit. They are worth a watch.
One of the I-Level doing its thing and the second showing the air doing what it does best.


I-Level Demonstation Video

[u2b]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COpN7QH5zUo[/u2b]


Air Suspension - Can You Really Have It All?

[u2b]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTrupjf-QFQ[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 03:29 AM   #17
afalton
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
7
Rep
440
Posts

Drives: bmw e92 330i m sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: london

iTrader: (2)

This great car keeps getting better! Well done mate!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 08:30 AM   #18
Edinnit
Private First Class
Edinnit's Avatar
3
Rep
190
Posts

Drives: 335i Hunting
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Peterborough

iTrader: (0)

Perfect mate.

Your old set-up for sale?
__________________
Instagram: Edinnit
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 11:42 AM   #19
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
72
Rep
2,204
Posts

Drives: M4 F83
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The world

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKL View Post
This car is so awesome.
THanks mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragha View Post
I respect the work and investment - certainly an individual car but why is it needed ?
Thank you.
Fair enough question...whether or not it is needed depends on the owner.

Unlike some people in the 'car scene' which drive with their daily cars INSANELY Low, i just couldn't do this, or live with this. This whole "low life is a way of life" is utter bull to me.
It is my daily car which gets me from point A to B as well as the car i just take out for a drive when i have that need.
It is also the car i use to attend the smaller monthly local car meets down at ace cafe as well as the larger awesome meets during show season.
The I-level was extra money, but this is just for showing off at shows tbh. But once you spend 3500 plus, what is an extra 300 for this kind of kl technology.
It is a car that i take people too and from the airport occasionally.
Living in central London which probably has the worst roads riddled with potholes and the most speedbumps anywhere in the UK. Family and friends also have extremely steep drive ways and being able to get up and down them without damaging anything is very useful.
As much as i hate it, i am occasionally a local taxi for friends and being low as well as having people in the back can cause some serious rubbing issues.
In terms of carrying passengers which is my biggest hate, i do carry business associates and can have a full car. Having to explain what that rubbing noise is has not got tiring and just plain embarrassing.

I drive my 335i hard and i need that car to handle well, as well as be comfortable. I am not wanting an all out track car for handling as I will never reach the limits of the car on the streets. But i am the kind of guy that likes to know the car can handle it if need be.

And AIR ticks all these boxes and does it very well.


I will leave two videos which show the capabilities of the kit. They are worth a watch.
One of the I-Level doing its thing and the second showing the air doing what it does best.


I-Level Demonstation Video

[u2b]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COpN7QH5zUo[/u2b]


Air Suspension - Can You Really Have It All?

[u2b]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTrupjf-QFQ[/u2b]
Fair enough mate - exactly know what you mean re crap roads etc - hence why I wondered why you would ever want a car that low - notwithstanding it will drive horribly especially as you like to drive your car hard as do I. So it's just a 'show' thing then ?

Enjoy mate - individual for sure.
__________________
Engine Mods: VF HEX Stage 2, ER Charge Pipes, VRSF Catless Downpipes, BMS Intakes and PCW Exhaust Mod
Running Gear Mods: HRE Flow Form F01, Yellow Stuff pads.
Cosmetic: Performance Grill, Lip Spoiler, Splitters, Side Skirt Extensions, Diffuser and BMS Tips
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 12:41 PM   #20
Digitalize
Photographer
Digitalize's Avatar
United Kingdom
355
Rep
2,616
Posts

Drives: E91 320D M Sport TiAg
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Weymouth

iTrader: (0)

Saw this on the SIC social media feeds. Looks great and they're some good guys down there.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 01:38 PM   #21
AWBimmer
Major General
AWBimmer's Avatar
United Kingdom
264
Rep
6,155
Posts

Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (4)

Josh great seeing you today you've almost convinced me to do the same man.... what a fucking beast of a car. My favourite in the UK hands down. What a beautiful car!!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 01:44 PM   #22
Russ200
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
18
Rep
287
Posts

Drives: F10 535D
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Telford

iTrader: (2)

Awesome work there buddy looks top draw, easily has to be my fav on here.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST