E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Surrey Rolling Road, Judgement Day

04-19-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Surrey Rolling Road, Judgement Day

As many of you will know, quite a number of e90posters headed down into deepest darkest surrey for a rolling road shootout.

Organised by Hotcoupe (Ian) so a big thanks goes out to you mate

It was held a the aptly named Surrey Rolling Road. And top man there Charlie was very welcoming showed us where the tea room was and was an all round top chap

I arrived pretty much after everyone else as i was recovering from a very bad hangover from last nights escapades

E92Fan could not make it as the poor chap is unwell but promises to be better for UK5 (you better be tone)

The cars which attended and ran on the rollers were

5 x 335d (Carlos DMS, Gibbo Stock, RichardM DMS, HC E-maps and Evil denzil E-maps.)
1 x 335i (g33) Juice Box II
1 x 320d (JJbirch) Superchips
1 x 330i (Scottc) Stock
1 x E60 M5 (M3cya on evotech) Stock
1 x Merc of some sort
1 x Brabus ( FullHouse from Evo tech) stock

Budgie's motor was there but didnt run on the rollers. Looked very impressive on the awesome 230's for sure

Our resident e90post photographer was not present (matt ) so i apologize for the lack of photos and quality.

The cars though, were oozing quality, whether it be measureable quality or just great build quality!!

I personally loved Scotts Lemon leather and logic 7 hifi. So much better than the stock set-up i have.

G33's car looked the nutz with its massive aftermarket drain pipes hanging out the back. It really did look hardcore!

Right i cant remember the order of the day so i will just post up the results.

Tony AKA evil diesel was one of the first up as he had to leave mid morning.

Tonys Emapped 335d made 274.8bhp at the wheels. There was a conversion for Flywheel figures but i dont have it for Some on the cars.

RichardM DMS Automotive 335d made 272.7bhp at the wheels so is a couple down on tonys but comparing the two graphs shows its up on torque

Next up for the diesles was myself,

I was a little apprehensive as mine is now on it third map (2nd because of servicing and third because it went into limp after the more aggressive 2nd one was installed) and it didnt feel as strong as before, but it could have me just being paranoid as the DXB came up with the goods

285.3bhp at the wheels which was a converted 344.3BHP at the flywheel.

Hotcoupe (Ian) was up next and had a good run also. His car is equiped with an Emaps re-map and came up with 285.6bhp at the wheels 0.3 bhp more than mine. A converted 345.6bhp

But mine made more torque at the wheels 425Ib-ft compared with Ians 412Ib-ft. Converted well over 500 ib ft.

This badboy produced 470something bhp a little down on power and the reason being poor fuel!

M3cya took me out in it and FOOK ME it does fly even if it is down on power a monster of a machine, i really want one Acceleration is supreme, its the 2nd one ive been out in now and my love for them jus keeps growing!

JJbirchs Super chips re-mapped 320d was a stormer banging out nearly 200bhp at the flywheel. Up from the 160 stock figure!

Kin's (g33) 335i was a revelation, with its amazing looking and sounding aftermarket exhaust + filter and Juice box 2, pumped out an eye watering 417bhp at the fly

NOW THAT ROCKS

Nice one mate, and being manaul must be a hoot to drive

G33's monster 335i

Scottc ran his 330i but i dont have the information for it. I have Pm'd him and hope he will post it up soon!

Gibbo decided to run his Stock 335d for a good comparison with the mapped ones.

It made a healthy 238bhp at the wheels which is a converted 289bhp at the flywheel so a healthy powered stock 335d.

So re-mapping does enhance the performance of the 335d for sure. With gains of over 55bhp at the flywheel! Let along the staggering torque.

Today also shows that other types of 335i tuning modules do also produce the goods ie the Juice box which has already been proved out in the states at various dynos and drag strips

Thanks everyone for turning up today, was great to see old faces and meet new ones. Sorry if ive missed anything in this post if i have its unintentional

Carlos

EVERYONE bar Myself, Ian, Budgie and JJ Birch and his Nephew went home as they didnt want to join us for lunch, joke.... but we had a nice lunch and all on Budgie which was very kind of his thanks Mate

JJ's Nephew was in attendance and i think the young man enjoyed his day out with the Bimmer boys

Parked in the pub car park

Last edited by dxb335d; 04-20-2008 at 03:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 04:04 PM   #2
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Cheers Carlos. Weren't they using the same conversion to Flywheel figures for all the cars? That part is all guess work anyway.
      04-19-2008, 04:15 PM   #3
e-maps
Banned
Rep
Drives: Seat

Not bad results all in all, looks like you all had a good day

I am very happy with the results all in all. Transmission losses on an auto are always a educated guess, 345/350bhp is what I quote and thats what the cars pulled

All the 335d plots tail off at 4000rpm as discussed before but doesnt do it on the road, eh Carlos

Did anyone get the dyno plot of the E60 M5 ?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 04:17 PM   #4
jjbirch
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 530D M SPORT

Garage List
good write up m8 will post graphs up when i get home in the morning
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 05:22 PM   #5
Budgie
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X1 25D M sport

Garage List
No worries carlosh...JJ it was a pleasure....Ian many thanks for company and setting it up...try next time to be ontime better.Hi James and Kin look forward to seeing more of all of u over the summer months.

Some good cars there....

No more tyre pressure problems then carlos....ian did tell u to pick up the 4mm u left at the entrance lol.

Will catch up soon and its teas all round on u carlos next time.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 05:25 PM   #6
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

Carlos, good write up for reference mine stock pulled 358lb ft torque at the wheels.
      04-19-2008, 06:33 PM   #7
BoBBoB
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Clio 200 Full Fat

So I'm confused, why did the e-maps map dyno correctly this time ?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 02:00 AM   #8
Bumps
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 320i M Sport

Garage List
Great write up Carl, glad y'all had a good day Get well soon Tony!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 02:35 AM   #9
TimsterC
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '12 E91 318d & '16 F46 220d Xd

Garage List
Guys it was great to meet you all yesterday, sorry my lowly 320d was in Exeter but it was good to see you cars draggin the dyno all the way to its limits.
Hat's off to Kin for the awesome numbers and to creepy for the wicked carbon bimmer bits.
Thanks for Ian for organising it all.
2016 F46 220d xDrive Sport Gran Tourer B47 2.0d : Medeterranian Blue : Towbar : Privacy Glass
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 03:13 AM   #10
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgie View Post
No worries carlosh...JJ it was a pleasure....Ian many thanks for company and setting it up...try next time to be ontime better.Hi James and Kin look forward to seeing more of all of u over the summer months.

Some good cars there....

No more tyre pressure problems then carlos....ian did tell u to pick up the 4mm u left at the entrance lol.

Will catch up soon and its teas all round on u carlos next time.

Cheers

Hi Mate,

Yeah it didnt do it again, although it may have lost some pressure which means a trye could be on the way out ffs

Dont want to be off the road for UK5 so i best investigate!!

Cya at the weekend mate, you are coming right?

Carlos
      04-20-2008, 03:39 AM   #11
Budgie
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X1 25D M sport

Garage List
No can do ..im around Saturday but unfortunately im booked on a flight to Moscow Sunday at 08.55 so im knackered both ways.Cant do the morning mad dash down from Buxton or i would.

There be other times carlos lol.

I will have more spare time over the summer period so i hope i can be avaliable more often.

I got ya number anyway so i might call for updates make sure you are terrorising the local community.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 04:22 AM   #12
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Nice to meet you all yesterday, glad I got to run as I didnt think I would be able to as I had forgotten my wallet (Thanks Ian)

I got 195.6 bhp and 170ft ib at the wheels so that will need to be worked out at the flywheel plus it's an auto. I was running it on crap supermarket 95 fuel as well, god know if that actually makes a difference.

Anyway great day as usual and looking forward to next week.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 06:45 AM   #13
Oli
Campervan man
Rep
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi

Some good results there - Just shows the similarities between DMS and E-maps - I know which map Id rather have and spend the money left over on beer.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #14
Serjames
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-sport

Garage List
lol see if I'd have run the Nissaaan I#'d have kicked ALL the Bimmer's arses for sure.

Kin, Loved the "drive" in your car mate, thanks for forgetting to tell me it was A) 400 BHP and B) had the traction control disabled.... thank god I've driven a few cars sideways before... might have been a pricey meeting for me otherwise lol

Wicked car mate loved it. Congrats on taking the power crown too.... till the next time buddy, till the next time (.............. :P)

SJ
      04-20-2008, 02:28 PM   #15
G33
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serjames View Post

Kin, Loved the "drive" in your car mate, thanks for forgetting to tell me it was A) 400 BHP and B) had the traction control disabled.... thank god I've driven a few cars sideways before... might have been a pricey meeting for me otherwise lol

Wicked car mate loved it. Congrats on taking the power crown too.... till the next time buddy, till the next time (.............. :P)

SJ
hey i started her up to warm the engine just before my run! i didnt anticipate u jumping into it and taking it for a rag up the road (without me in it i might add ) i also would have thought that the yellow light in the dash would have been a give away that the traction control wasnt enabled, so no sympathies there lol

whereas for the 400+bhp u knew it was tuned! but u just underestimated the power of the Juice!!! thats the cool thing about the car it looks more or less standard, apart from the 'drain pipes' hanging out the back lol. well all that power has got to escape from somewhere

Next time? lol u shud be thankful your car will be running ok jus kidding! im content with the car in terms of power so im not out to seek anymore. its plenty powerful and torquey for me and sometimes its darn right scary however u need more power to compensate for the tin openers weight defecit! lol

was a pleasure meeting all u guys, thanks to HC for organising the event, DXBollox for the write up and SJ for caning my car up the road, and of course all the nice comments

pics of my drain pipes (and the day) for those who missed the event, but generally its the view most people see when im behind the wheel which a 300C SRT8 and a 745i definitely saw when they finally gave in and pulled over into the inside lane when i was on my way back home!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 02:40 AM   #16
Evil Diesel
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M Sport

Good to meet you all on Saturday - Ian thanks once again for sorting it all out.

Some impressive numbers all round. I wonder whether the differences in output are a result of the mileage on the cars - we all know that Carl has been to the moon and back 28 times in his. What have you covered now?

Mine has still only done 4400 miles (just as well at 22 mpg!).
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 05:55 AM   #17
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Diesel View Post
Good to meet you all on Saturday - Ian thanks once again for sorting it all out.

Some impressive numbers all round. I wonder whether the differences in output are a result of the mileage on the cars - we all know that Carl has been to the moon and back 28 times in his. What have you covered now?

A fair few, i think yours may loosen up 5-10bhp but then again so might mine.. Diesels do high mileages anyway. So people even claim there not fully run in till 100k anyhow. Think mine was a good one out the box to be honest. Quite happy with the torque figure too.

We still need to get to the bottom of what happened with yours and Ians at Marlows.
      04-21-2008, 06:30 AM   #18
jjbirch
Banned
Rep

Garage List
A Great Day Out

hi all just few pics of our day out,which i really enjoyed.Carl top man, SJ loves cars and driving what ever he can lol, HC nice man, budgie a man with a big heart, and the rest of u were very friendly.SO i got there just after ten with my nephew as he loves cars, seen some nice cars and HC wheels which i really liked, then G33 car which the only give away was the drain pipes at the back, i think i went on about 3rd or 4th and the guy asked me who did the map i said superchips and he said sometimes they do bad maps and maybe good ones, so any way i ran the car 4 times and got 196hp at the fly wheel which is very good and he said surpriseingly it was a very good map said something about a little flat spot at the start of the rpm then it shoots up.i will post the graph up this afternoon as i need to borrow a scanner.
here are the pics
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 11:15 AM   #19
Cafe.Racer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d Touring

Deffo like to see your graph jj - my 320d was due at a rolling road some weeks ago, but it got postponed until next Sat
      04-21-2008, 12:57 PM   #20
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Diesel View Post

Mine has done 6,000 and was running on Standard Esso Diesel.

For reference just before mine ran the guy who runs the place said most standard 335d put out 230bhp at the wheels and the early 535d's (272bhp models) put out 220bhp.

The superchip's 335d's he has run put out 250ish bhp so all the remaps on the day are impressive.

Who owned the 6 series, what model was it and how did it perform?
      04-21-2008, 01:01 PM   #21
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Mine has done 6,000 and was running on Standard Esso Diesel.

For reference just before mine ran the guy who runs the place said most standard 335d put out 230bhp at the wheels and the early 535d's (272bhp models) put out 220bhp.

The superchip's 335d's he has run put out 250ish bhp so all the remaps on the day are impressive.

Who owned the 6 series, what model was it and how did it perform?
635d, owned by a mate of Fullhouse i think and it was DMS'd and made 272bhp at the wheels so i rekon 330ish bhp!
      04-21-2008, 02:53 PM   #22
jjbirch
Banned
Rep

Garage List
320d dyno graph

here is the dyno for the 320d 163 stock
Attached Images

Appreciate 0