E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > DSC error after lowering car?

12-02-2014, 08:57 AM   #23
supahman04
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

I just had this code pop up while driving on sunday. The car has been lowered for a couple years. The only thing that has happened differently is on sunday I painted my wheels, then later in the day, the code popped up. Any way the paint could have gotten on one of the sensors? Havent had a chance to look at them, work is busy. Any response is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 10:06 AM   #24
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by supahman04
I just had this code pop up while driving on sunday. The car has been lowered for a couple years. The only thing that has happened differently is on sunday I painted my wheels, then later in the day, the code popped up. Any way the paint could have gotten on one of the sensors? Havent had a chance to look at them, work is busy. Any response is appreciated.
i don't think so since sensor attaches to wheel/hub carrier, not the wheel itself.
idk if the codes are limited to bad sensor....perhaps there can be other causes, which is why I did the sensor swap to see if the code followed the sensor. for me this was so
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 10:36 PM   #25
supahman04
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlifxs View Post
i don't think so since sensor attaches to wheel/hub carrier, not the wheel itself.
idk if the codes are limited to bad sensor....perhaps there can be other causes, which is why I did the sensor swap to see if the code followed the sensor. for me this was so
Hmm. So are the sensors interchangeable? The rears and fronts?
I really need to take a day to get under the car and look around, because it just popped up all of a sudden and wont go away, so something is going on. Thanks for the reply.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 05:49 AM   #26
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by supahman04 View Post
I really need to take a day to get under the car and look around, because it just popped up all of a sudden and wont go away, so something is going on. Thanks for the reply.
not sure if rear and front are interchangeable. I switched left and right front, which are.
You could go to realoem.com to check front / rear part numbers.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 03:49 PM   #27
Motorsport.Nick
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sedans

Quote:
This would not be caused by painting wheels. The ABS sensors are interchange-able front -side to side and rear -side to side.

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #28
Motorsport.Nick
Captain
United_States
Rep

The shop just finished my car. It was aligned back to spec and then steering angle senor was reset (by the shop) and that was it. Good to go.

The tech said that the steering angle sensor was detecting the steering wheel out of wack after I drove around for a while and threw the code. Pretty excited right now considering that I dodged the dealership bullet and this new shop was cheaper than anyone else in town!

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2014, 10:25 AM   #29
supahman04
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsport.Nick View Post
The shop just finished my car. It was aligned back to spec and then steering angle senor was reset (by the shop) and that was it. Good to go.

The tech said that the steering angle sensor was detecting the steering wheel out of wack after I drove around for a while and threw the code. Pretty excited right now considering that I dodged the dealership bullet and this new shop was cheaper than anyone else in town!
So you just had an alignment, and they reset the sensor, and you're good to go?

I found the ABS sensors for 20 bucks, but I cant read the code. I've tried an OBDII scanner and my JB4 app, but I get no codes at all.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2014, 01:23 PM   #30
Motorsport.Nick
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So you just had an alignment, and they reset the sensor, and you're good to go?

Yep.

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #31
supahman04
Rep

Okay, thanks for the answers!
Appreciate 0