E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > E92 DME Upgrade question

09-13-2018, 11:55 PM   #1
Dante101
Rep
n/a
Drives:

E92 DME Upgrade question

Hello All,
Has anyone ever had this issue?

I have an 2011 cpe with N55. I have a Cobb Accessport, however, when i tried to install a new program, I got an error , the ROM on my car is unsupported by the AP. It used to be supported. Earlier in the year, I took car to dealer for service, and they changed the rom on the car. Before taking the car in, I had placed stock rom back on the car. I didn't put the stage 1 back on the car immediately. So in june, I wanted to put the tune back on my car but it wouldn't take. I emailed Cobb Support, and they said I need to have DME upgraded. I went to a local shop in San Diego to try to upgrade the DME, but they could not or did not have to machine/ tools, etc.

Has anyone seen this issue before, who do I go to to fix this, so I can can put a new tune back on my car. HELP!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 10:50 AM   #2
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante101 View Post
Hello All,
Has anyone ever had this issue?

I have an 2011 cpe with N55. I have a Cobb Accessport, however, when i tried to install a new program, I got an error , the ROM on my car is unsupported by the AP. It used to be supported. Earlier in the year, I took car to dealer for service, and they changed the rom on the car. Before taking the car in, I had placed stock rom back on the car. I didn't put the stage 1 back on the car immediately. So in june, I wanted to put the tune back on my car but it wouldn't take. I emailed Cobb Support, and they said I need to have DME upgraded. I went to a local shop in San Diego to try to upgrade the DME, but they could not or did not have to machine/ tools, etc.

Has anyone seen this issue before, who do I go to to fix this, so I can can put a new tune back on my car. HELP!
We can downgrade the DME for you to a previous version. However, keep this in mind:

1. Previous version had idling/stalling issues, that would still be present after flashing with Cobb. However, this did not affect 100% of the N55's.

2. If you, dealership, or anyone updates the car with ISTA again, the DME will once again be updated to the latest release at that time. Then you'll be back to ground zero again unless Cobb has a release that supports the latest BMW update.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 11:08 AM   #3
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

However, I did find the link below that elludes to them supporting the 98H1B ROM.

https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wik...es+for+BMW+N55
Appreciate 0