E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > St. Louis, Mo / Southern IL Area Roll Call

05-14-2010, 08:01 AM   #89
zzzbullseye
BMW Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fapout View Post
New to the party here. What's up boys!? The name is Tom. Just moved to Brentwood 3 months ago from Florida, was born and raised in Chesterfield though. I'm a moderator on another STL car board which will remain nameless to save some face on here. LOL

I just bought an E92 335xi last week, loving it so far. I see your suntrup bmw story so I thought I'd share mine.

I bought my E92 from Suntrup West County too. They suck serious goat dick. Our salesman was alright even though he showed us and had us test drive the wrong car. We ended up buying a CPO 2008 model at a killer deal. Too bad within days of picking up, I thought it wasn't right. After doing my research I was pretty sure it was the HPFP, the next day, sure enough, i get the service engine soon, half engine light and my car was having trouble starting. Mind you, this is 5 or 6 days after I bought it. I called up Suntrup started talking to my salesman about it and he says "Oh yeah man. That's not right. Let's get you transfered over to service. Service guy Dave Ramsey, who sounds like a drunk and an idiot, tells me after I just told him i bought it a couple of days before this "Oh well you can get in here sometime on wednesday around 11am." I tell him I have to work and can't get away, he then tells me "Well, come in saturday morning." (So let me get this straight, I'm suppose to limp around for a longer time than i have owned in working condition?)

I basically bitch him out and all of a sudden they have post work hours that day and a loaner car for me. Well, I get there right at 5:30 and held up my end of the bargain but they didn't hold up theirs. After standing around for 45 minutes waiting for their only service rep to quit sucking the pole of Panera breads chief real estate VP. They get to me, wouldn't loan me a car because I didn't have insurance cards. (I just bought the thing a week ago, I haven't got any yet.) I tell him that I gave them a copy of the insurance card when I purchased the vehicle. Now I have to wait around another 15 minutes for them to look for my file but alas they can't find it anywhere.

Well you would think they would rectify the situation after I told them "Hey, I'm a car guy. I normally do a lot of my own work and I've researched this and I'm pretty sure the HPFP is going out on it." The service adviser basically brushes me off and says that the computer will know what's wrong with it.

The adviser calls me the next day and tells me my car is ready. He tells me that the computer was throwing up a fuel pressure error code, they reset it and it's fine now. I rush after work to get there to pick up the car before they close. I get in to my car, start heading towards my mother's house and sure enough, the fuel pressure goes out on me and i'm driving a Geo Metro with a BMW badge again. Too bad Suntrup closed at 6 and no one is there to take my call. I call there the next day and leave a message with the secretary to have the GM call me so I can tell him about my experience from start to finish. I still haven't heard from him.

Yesterday my wife dropped the 335 off at Autohaus, they had the loaner car already pulled up and ready for her. I talked ahead of time to Chris Clem and Mike Crader there. Talk about a world of difference. They were friendly, took down all of my notes and concerns. Agreed with me that it was probably the HPFP and even though they couldn't find the code that day, they kept it over night tried again in the morning, replicated the problem and got rid of the 1888 fuel pump and replaced it with the new problem free pump.

I'm sure it's been said here before but Autohaus > West County BMW...

On to the other stuff. This is my new little project. Currently we also have an Infiniti QX56 with 23" Asanti wheels. We have that in case we ever take a wrong turn and end up in north city, we'll have lots of street cred. I also have had an S2000, an Evo and an S60R. Looking forward to get the JB3 on there and currently in the process of trying to make E60 20 offset 19" Forgiatos fit on my 335xi.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386373

Some of the past rides:

The first incarnation of the S2000:

The second incarnation of the S2000:

The Evo and The S60R:

The QX56 we have for the family ride:

And finally the new member soon to look a little different than this:
Welcome! Wow...it sounds like the boys over at Suntrup are doing everything they can to drive away business...Unreal!

I purchased my ride at Autohaus and have had all my service done there as well. They have been awesome so far, and that seems to be the general consensus.
      05-14-2010, 09:09 AM   #90
Fapout
Zwhore Sdrive35i
United_States
Rep
Drives: FORD WINDSTAR MINIVAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzbullseye View Post
Welcome! Wow...it sounds like the boys over at Suntrup are doing everything they can to drive away business...Unreal!

I purchased my ride at Autohaus and have had all my service done there as well. They have been awesome so far, and that seems to be the general consensus.
Yeah. I live less than 5 minutes from Autohaus. I just thought they would TRY and redeem themselves but nope. I love hitting the twisties so if anyone around here is down. One of my favorite things to do is get out on some winding country roads at about 6:30 or 7am... Fresh cool air and empty roads!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 11:33 AM   #91
a14lee
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Yeah. I live less than 5 minutes from Autohaus. I just thought they would TRY and redeem themselves but nope. I love hitting the twisties so if anyone around here is down. One of my favorite things to do is get out on some winding country roads at about 6:30 or 7am... Fresh cool air and empty roads!
Where are these winding country roads? I have to say I have never really looked around St. Louis.
      05-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #92
Fapout
Zwhore Sdrive35i
United_States
Rep

Southwest Chestefield, Wildhorse creek rd out to St. Albans. Google maps. Also, the route out to wine country too.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #93
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

I do my business over at newbold and have never had any issues like that. I have started buying parts from autohaus and they were very nice and helpful. The only thing is that when we were looking for my gf a car they didnt take me seriously so I wont be buying from them.
Are you guys coming to the bmw cars and coffee tomorrow?
It is from 8:45 am – 10:30 am at Starbucks, 9616 Manchester, Rock Hill Plaza, Intersection of Manchester and McKnight. There should be a good turn out and since you are new to the area you can meet some of the bmwcca guys.

Also if you need advice on mods or help putting them on let me know.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 05:40 PM   #94
zzzbullseye
BMW Addict
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastman View Post
I do my business over at newbold and have never had any issues like that. I have started buying parts from autohaus and they were very nice and helpful. The only thing is that when we were looking for my gf a car they didnt take me seriously so I wont be buying from them.
It is from 8:45 am – 10:30 am at Starbucks, 9616 Manchester, Rock Hill Plaza, Intersection of Manchester and McKnight. There should be a good turn out and since you are new to the area you can meet some of the bmwcca guys.

I'm gonna try to make it over to the event tomorrow morning...depending on whether I can roll outta bed... Saturdays are my day to sleep in after answering the alarm bell at 4:30 am all week...
      05-14-2010, 06:17 PM   #95
onefastman
Major General
Rep

Wow thats early! We would like to have a good turn out to encourage people to come to the future ones and make it a regular event so get up early and come and you can always take a nap later in the day.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #96
Fapout
Zwhore Sdrive35i
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Awesome. My wife works overnights at BJC so my daughter and I always get out first thing in the morning so she can sleep. I live literally right across the street from OB Clarks, so that Starbucks is right near by. You can count me in.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 09:09 PM   #97
zzzbullseye
BMW Addict
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow thats early! We would like to have a good turn out to encourage people to come to the future ones and make it a regular event so get up early and come and you can always take a nap later in the day.
We'll see what happens at daybreak...have a quadruple espresso for me if I don't make it!
      05-15-2010, 08:58 AM   #98
Fapout
Zwhore Sdrive35i
United_States
Rep

Rain FTL!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2010, 11:16 AM   #99
zzzbullseye
BMW Addict
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Rain FTL!
I was awake and ready to roll too...even gave the girl a quick detail last night in preparation...maybe next month.
      05-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #100
Fapout
Zwhore Sdrive35i
United_States
Rep

Nice meeting some other BMW owners at Cars and Coffee this morning.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2010, 02:37 PM   #101
onefastman
Major General
Rep

Ya it was good meeting you too, you should come to autocross next sunday at gateway. It starts at 8:30 or so (double check to be sure) and goes till 3:30 or so. Only $45 and is a lot of fun and you can push your car to the limits with out the chance of wrecking it.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #102
Fapout
Zwhore Sdrive35i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ya it was good meeting you too, you should come to autocross next sunday at gateway. It starts at 8:30 or so (double check to be sure) and goes till 3:30 or so. Only $45 and is a lot of fun and you can push your car to the limits with out the chance of wrecking it.
There's a real good chance I'll be there.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #103
a14lee
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

I'm so jealous of you guys. I can't make the next autocross because of work. Was out of town as well, otherwise would have come to coffee and cars. Next time...
      05-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #104
onefastman
Major General
Rep

For sure, the next cars and coffee will be at st.louis lambo on june 5th, 9:00am
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 03:29 PM   #105
mechanixhorseman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

How's it going guys?

I'll be in the area until mid july. Anything interesting going on in the area?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 07:56 PM   #106
onefastman
Major General
Rep

Cars and coffee, autocross, bmw's performance driving school, pdx, test and tune tuesdays at gateway (drag racing, $20 to get in), and I am sure I am missing something
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2010, 02:03 PM   #107
Jkpgt96
United_States
Rep
Drives: '96 Probe GT/ '02 Maxima

New guy from Chesterfield..no BMW yet though..:/

'02 Maxima- 14.01 @ 99.8 Stock ET/Trap Records
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #108
onefastman
Major General
Rep

What are you getting?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2010, 04:17 PM   #109
Jkpgt96
United_States
Rep
Drives: '96 Probe GT/ '02 Maxima

335i or 335xi not sure yet, will depend on when I get rid of the Maxima and whether or not I have a truck by then. But I have every intention of getting into one this Fall

'02 Maxima- 14.01 @ 99.8 Stock ET/Trap Records
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #110
Boosted_TIAG
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: CLS55 AMG

Another new guy here, just bought a 2007 e92 335i. Added a few mods like jb3, rsd charge pipe with hks bov and soon will be installing my fk coilovers and rsd 15mm spacers.

Quick question for you guys though, my hpfp is going bad i think because of long cranks in the morning...I'm still under warranty, where can I go to get the pump replaced without being hassled aboutmy mods?

Thanks
Appreciate 0