E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Convince me to Change my Avatar and Raise Money for Help the Heroes

09-21-2010, 04:19 AM   #23
Trevikins
Retired
England
Rep
Drives: G20 320i M Sport

Hi carjack, I wondered if you would turn up... wow you have got a flea up your arse over this haven’t you.

Let’s just recap; you didn’t like my avatar as it offended you so I thought about it and decided to (light heartedly) gauge opinion while at the same time raising a little money for a good cause. I fully appreciate that many forum users won’t hold views either way and some won’t be interested at all; but several have given a little time and money to donate, and I am really grateful for that.

What about a compromise. As I’m only £5.00 down on my target you could agree to donate £5.00 to help for heroes and I’ll remove the ‘long range sniper’ bit from under my username. I won’t remove the avatar because the old picture of a Guardsman who has fainted to attention while Trooping the Colour still amuses me.

...Go on, donate £5.00 to a good cause... it takes a big man to pick up an olive branch!

Last edited by Trevikins; 09-21-2010 at 04:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 05:07 AM   #24
CHG
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A Variety of 4 Wheeled Things

Consider this debate over!

Final £5 donated to KEEP the avatar! (Nothing wrong with a bit of humour)

IMHO, Help the Heroes is without doubt the best and most worthy charity out there!

Another £50 raised for them
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 05:17 AM   #25
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

Just saw this count another £5 to KEEP, txt msg sent
      09-21-2010, 06:07 AM   #26
Carjack
Stormtrooper
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i G20 M-Sport Portimao Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Gunner View Post
Hi carjack, I wondered if you would turn up... wow you have got a flea up your arse over this haven’t you.

Let’s just recap; you didn’t like my avatar as it offended you so I thought about it and decided to (light heartedly) gauge opinion while at the same time raising a little money for a good cause. I fully appreciate that many forum users won’t hold views either way and some won’t be interested at all; but several have given a little time and money to donate, and I am really grateful for that.

What about a compromise. As I’m only £5.00 down on my target you could agree to donate £5.00 to help for heroes and I’ll remove the ‘long range sniper’ bit from under my username. I won’t remove the avatar because the old picture of a Guardsman who has fainted to attention while Trooping the Colour still amuses me.

...Go on, donate £5.00 to a good cause... it takes a big man to pick up an olive branch!
Hi 'Master Gunner' OK! If you remove 'long range sniper' bit from under your username I will donate £5.00 to 'Help for Heroes'.
I quite rightly have a 'flea up my arse' when it appears that yourself and members think it funny to see a picture of a fallen Guardsman with the above wording. I think it rather sad.
How best to pay? I can do an immediate via PayPal if you wish?
Regarding Trooping the Colour, you might not be aware that the King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery have to sit for two hours on that parade, usually under a hot sun. I am sure that they would be quite sympathetic to see a Guardsman who has fainted and would not be amused.
To be frank, your Avatar belittles the Brigade of Guards and you as an ex 'Master Gunner' should know better.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 06:37 AM   #27
Trevikins
Retired
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHG View Post
Consider this debate over!

Final £5 donated to KEEP the avatar! (Nothing wrong with a bit of humour)

IMHO, Help the Heroes is without doubt the best and most worthy charity out there!

Another £50 raised for them
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic77 View Post
Just saw this count another £5 to KEEP, txt msg sent
Target reached! Could I just thank all those who have donated to ‘Help for Heroes’ it really is a worthwhile cause.

Despite what has been said I want to assure everyone that I have the utmost respect and admiration for all the armed forces (both serving and retired (less for one )). Without going OTT myself it’s worth mentioning that some of the young men and women who used to work for me went on to become Sergeant Majors themselves and are currently serving on Operation Herrick (Afghanistan). So I’m acutely aware of the personal sacrifices that are being made on a daily basis which are not reported in the media.

Regards

Trev

Last edited by Trevikins; 09-21-2010 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 06:41 AM   #28
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Let's not stop at £50...

Anyone else???
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 06:46 AM   #29
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E350 CDI Sport Cabriolet

£5 texted, keep it or not but lets thank Carjack for making this happen.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 07:17 AM   #30
themetz
smokin' kipper
England
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5

£5 texted
      09-21-2010, 07:24 AM   #31
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
£60 now...
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #32
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Great thread and well worth the £5.00 donation.

Personally I don't find either the Avatar or the text offensive and I'm surprised that Carjack has,but there you go.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #33
Carjack
Stormtrooper
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadeSdad View Post
£5 texted, keep it or not but lets thank Carjack for making this happen.
But don’t forget that members are making a contribution to ‘Help for Heroes’ on the basis of an Avatar which is in effect taking the p*ss out of Regiments which are fighting in Afganistan.

Due to interservice rivalry it is likely that ‘Master Gunner’ knows what he is doing as there are units in the British Army who are very envious of the Guards Regiments and like to ‘knock’ them at any opportunity.

Things are never straight forward as they may seem.

I confirm that I have today made my £5.00 contribution to 'Help for Heroes'
via BMYCharity.
Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 11:42 AM   #34
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carjack View Post
But don’t forget that members are making a contribution to ‘Help for Heroes’ on the basis of an Avatar which is in effect taking the p*ss out of Regiments which are fighting in Afganistan.

Due to interservice rivalry it is likely that ‘Master Gunner’ knows what he is doing as there are units in the British Army who are very envious of the Guards Regiments and like to ‘knock’ them at any opportunity.

Things are never straight forward as they may seem.

I confirm that I have today made my £5.00 contribution to 'Help for Heroes'
via BMYCharity.
Cheers!

What on a forum for BMW enthusiasts!

I'd rethink that one, it does'nt really stack up does it?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #35
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Quote:
I'm glad you've put your hand in your pocket, but you're at it again! Stating as fact what others are doing in YOUR opinion. How you actually know what others actually think and feel is bloody clever or is that arrogant, can't decide.

Your opinion is your opinion and others have their opinions which may or may not agree with yours. No right or wrong. but what is wrong is making assumptions of how people think.

It's the Taliban taking the piss out of our troops and whatever else is going on out there. Will have to ask my brother-in-laws son!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #36
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
‘Master Gunner’ your Advatar shows a fallen Guardsman under the title of Long Range Sniper. You and some members think it’s a joke .

But is it really funny when Guardsmen with the British Army out in Afghanistan are under regular long range sniper fire which has caused MANY DEATHS?

It just appals me. I just feel sorry for you and some of the membership.
I am not particularly patriotic, but as an ex soldier, I support our troops 100% plus, whatever it takes.

I will certainly not be contributing to your vote. It should not be there in the first place.
You, as an ex 'Master Gunner' and the Members who support you, should be ashamed.

You are a ******* *****. (edited by Viv)

Sorry, I am usually more careful with my words. But in this case - I don't think there's any possibility of substitution... (..well yes, there is- please try to be at least civil, ok. Viv)

09-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #37
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
You are a ******* *****.

Sorry, I am usually more careful with my words. But in this case - I don't think there's any possibility of substitution...

You did'nt read the T&C's of the thread Dave.
Swearing is punishable by a E90 PCN and Pepipoo won't help!

£5.00 please

https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/h4h

or

Donate by texting HERO to 60999
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #38
Trevikins
Retired
England
Rep

Quote:
Hi 'Master Gunner' OK! If you remove 'long range sniper' bit from under your username I will donate £5.00 to 'Help for Heroes'.
I quite rightly have a 'flea up my arse' when it appears that yourself and members think it funny to see a picture of a fallen Guardsman with the above wording. I think it rather sad.
How best to pay? I can do an immediate via PayPal if you wish?
Regarding Trooping the Colour, you might not be aware that the King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery have to sit for two hours on that parade, usually under a hot sun. I am sure that they would be quite sympathetic to see a Guardsman who has fainted and would not be amused.
To be frank, your Avatar belittles the Brigade of Guards and you as an ex 'Master Gunner' should know better.
Carjack, I gave you a dignified way out and all you’ve done is throw it back in my face!

I would suggest that you give the slagging a rest as you are rambling and not making a lot of sense, plus I’m actually starting to question your credentials. I notice you’ve paid your £5.00 though so well done for that, I’ll change the wording under my username as promised in due course.

To the rest of the forum, I'm really chuffed that more donations are still being made, and I thank you all for your efforts... great stuff.

The only problem is I'm starting to lose count on how much we've raised!

Cheers

Trev
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #39
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
You did'nt read the T&C's of the thread Dave.
Swearing is punishable by a E90 PCN and Pepipoo won't help!

£5.00 please

https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/h4h

or

Donate by texting HERO to 60999
I was wondering what you all thought about the idea of me 'modifying' the avatars of any members who happen to be causing 'problems'?

I'd happily return any modified avatars to normal, on payment of £5 to the 'Help for Heroes' charity.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #40
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

This has conspiracy written all over it. explosives were definitely used......................oh hang on a minute this is the wrong thread.

£10 donated.

PS stop being so sensitive, you remind me of her indoors.
      09-21-2010, 03:38 PM   #41
themetz
smokin' kipper
England
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5

Tally is £90 by my reckoning...
      09-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #42
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Whoops... Sorry Viv. I did consider the possibility of an infraction for my previous post. Just lost my temper a bit. Thanks for just censoring me

I stand by what I said, but not by my language

Mega.
      09-21-2010, 03:58 PM   #43
Carjack
Stormtrooper
United Kingdom
Rep

I stand by all my posts.

‘Master Gunner’ has certainly not done himself or the British Army any favours whatsoever in his Avatar. Inter regimental rivalry is always kept within the British Army not exposed in a world wide web site.

I am completely legit I have served in an Infantry Regiment, The Gunners, the Royal Marines also Special Forces (with more than 60 static & free fall jumps) and I have my admiration for the Guards Regiments.

I will ‘go in with the bayonet’ if I consider any of the above slandered!

So ‘Master Gunner’ please get your Avatar sorted!
At a push I can still do 25 pull ups. So watch out!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 04:06 PM   #44
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
I'm sure they can fight their own battles if necessary. No need to feel 'bad'.

Thanks for highlighting the rivalry within the British Army. Although I knew of it already from friends.

I too stand by my opinions.
Appreciate 0