E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > 09 GTR vs 2012 S5 vs 2010 C63

11-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #45
jonl1983
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: F12 640d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
you can get 600HP with just Cobb.

But yeah I agree, it needs big money spending to get the tranny to take 900 HP (let alone engine) and also trick tyres.
Google "juggernaut gtr" and look up the thread on GTR-owners club forum, that's my mate Simons 900r conversion done by SVM. Lists everything they have done including pics of the build etc.

Cost him the good side of £50k
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 07:22 PM   #46
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X70 on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr G13 View Post
Have you got any mods on your GTR and out of interest, what sort of mpg do you get in town? I imagine no more than 12/13mpg?
map, injectors, exhaust etc....lights up the tyres with TC on in 4th if the roads aren't bone dry. And the power that i have defeats the TC pretty much all ends up. The guys like Simon etc going up to 850 and above have a lot of balls as it's a RWD car and TC is not gonna save a heavy right foot with a greasy road.

I've only seen 12 by starting the engine and demisting the car etc for 5 mins then getting stuck in traffic on the way down Great Western Road. But 17 is more likely. Unless you're racing between lights. It gets into 6th at 35mph.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 02:55 AM   #47
SteveC
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Spending £40K

With £40K to spend I'd be very tempted by a low mileage M5 plus a Z4M Roadster for Spring, Summer, Autumn weekends. Get some winter wheels for the 5 and I'm all set for year round fun, entertainment und uberfreude am fahren. There's nothing like a daily 500HP drive and 6.00am open road, open top motoring in an M-screamer.

Little heavy on the tyres and double maintenance side but balanced by C63 depreciation and GTR servicing/repair costs.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #48
Dr G13
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
map, injectors, exhaust etc....lights up the tyres with TC on in 4th if the roads aren't bone dry. And the power that i have defeats the TC pretty much all ends up. The guys like Simon etc going up to 850 and above have a lot of balls as it's a RWD car and TC is not gonna save a heavy right foot with a greasy road.

I've only seen 12 by starting the engine and demisting the car etc for 5 mins then getting stuck in traffic on the way down Great Western Road. But 17 is more likely. Unless you're racing between lights. It gets into 6th at 35mph.
Wow that is simply amazing mpg for the kind of power you are running. I was just getting over 19mpg around town in my 335i. I never realised 600bhp could be so efficient.

I honestly can't begin to imagine what 600bhp feels like in a GTR on an open road. I assume your car would put a stock facelift GTR to shame!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 01:38 AM   #49
jonl1983
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: F12 640d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr G13 View Post
Have you got any mods on your GTR and out of interest, what sort of mpg do you get in town? I imagine no more than 12/13mpg?

He has said how often it is breaking traction in the wet and takes alot of getting used to especially on roundabouts under acceleration.

He's getting around 16mpg at the mo as he's running the new engine in for a bit (aside from a few blasts which puts it into single figures.

I've been looking on piston heads and there are some amazing deals on these cars. For the money I think you'd struggle to beat that power and all round use ability.

The newer one blew away the jag xkrs in a drag and quicker around the TG track than a Veyron!!!!! And all for £70k!!! Bargain
Appreciate 0