E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > New VANCOUVER - Speeding law

09-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #45
t7n7
CYNOSURE
Canada
Rep
Drives: Tesla ModelS - waiting...

hahah Pwnd.... its about time some other places share the same crap we Ontario drivers do.. besides.... cars may have changed since the 70s... but the drivers haven't... still drive like idiots when their ego gets to them...

also... they monitor traffic and change the limits accordingly.. if the limit hasn't changed on your road for over 10 years, that means its fine the way it is...

welcome to the future. I rather have my car impounded then being crushed.... which is what would happen here in Ontario ... (depending on the type of car and speed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_Hi View Post
If caught speeding 40km/h over

First time offence;
Car impounded for 1 week so all the tow and storage fees about $500
$700 ticket
3 points
ICBC will take Premium Charge $3xx / year for next 3 years

Second Time Offence;
Car impounded for 30 days so all the tow and storage fees about $1500
$1000 ticket
3 points
ICBC will take Premium Charge $3xx / year for next 3 years

this is BS. I agree for residential and school zones but even on the highways ?Cars these days stop and handle ten times better than the cars in the 70's when these speeding limits were introduced.

Got to love the municipal government! I mean, Toronto has the stunt driving thing when driving 50 km/k over and it just boosted the paralegal business as they can now say that the law is unconstitutional and they can get the offenders off some of the repercussions but the insurance system there will eat you alive for 5 years after the event. Now Vancouver saw the cash grab here we go!
09' X650i loaded hud/comfort/sports/premium/audio/coldweather/power - the beast / 03' G35c electrochromic tints - www.youtube.com/wisht7n7 - the baby / 02' TL internet/satTV/massage seats - the entertainer / 10' TSX - currently modding - Go kart / TESLA MODEL S - Signature Edition #73 2012
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 09:51 PM   #46
agentm
Private
Rep
Drives: M3, X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by t7n7 View Post
hahah Pwnd.... its about time some other places share the same crap we Ontario drivers do.. besides.... cars may have changed since the 70s... but the drivers haven't... still drive like idiots when their ego gets to them...

also... they monitor traffic and change the limits accordingly.. if the limit hasn't changed on your road for over 10 years, that means its fine the way it is...

welcome to the future. I rather have my car impounded then being crushed.... which is what would happen here in Ontario ... (depending on the type of car and speed)
Driving fast doesn't mean your an idiot! It's all depend on where and how you do it. Most of the 407 highway speed are 130 and up. There are certain place the limit should be little higher. Some law are stupid if they didn't change over 10 years.
2004 M3 Silver Gray / CSL Header and Cats / RE El Diablo Exhaust / Hotchkis Swaybar / KW v2 / RD Sport Rims 19' / Falken FK-452 tires / Reinforcement Kit / Smoke Corner / 50% Tinted / Painted Shadow Grille / Umnitza Halo light / Hanman Lip / CF Diffusor / Autosolution SSK 30% / Aluminum Foot Pedals / AA Shift knob / AA Sport Fan Clutch / 3.91 Diff
Active Auto HKS Gen 6 Level 1.5 S/C
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #47
que2k
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335xi Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentm View Post
Driving fast doesn't mean your an idiot! It's all depend on where and how you do it. Most of the 407 highway speed are 130 and up. There are certain place the limit should be little higher. Some law are stupid if they didn't change over 10 years.
Laws arent stupid if they havent changed in the past 10yrs. There is a reason, if there are constant accidents on a stretch of road at the current speed limit then obivously raising it would make it worst.

Traffic engineers are constantly monitoring data to make our roads safer. (sorry I just happen to be a civil engineer so it fustrates me when ppl just run their mouths)
      09-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #48
agentm
Private
Rep
Drives: M3, X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by que2k View Post
Laws arent stupid if they havent changed in the past 10yrs. There is a reason, if there are constant accidents on a stretch of road at the current speed limit then obivously raising it would make it worst.

Traffic engineers are constantly monitoring data to make our roads safer. (sorry I just happen to be a civil engineer so it fustrates me when ppl just run their mouths)
I didn't know civil engineer knows the law as much as ppl in sevice of the law. Do you think traffic engineers can monitor ever street and area? As sociologist, human makes the law. One major accident and the government start making law for it. In another countries they are laughing at this.

AS to going back to the topic, we should be looking at the ratio of good driver and bad driver on the road. Government using an excuse to make more money from us. Here in TO. most ppl drives at least 15km/hr and over the limit.
2004 M3 Silver Gray / CSL Header and Cats / RE El Diablo Exhaust / Hotchkis Swaybar / KW v2 / RD Sport Rims 19' / Falken FK-452 tires / Reinforcement Kit / Smoke Corner / 50% Tinted / Painted Shadow Grille / Umnitza Halo light / Hanman Lip / CF Diffusor / Autosolution SSK 30% / Aluminum Foot Pedals / AA Shift knob / AA Sport Fan Clutch / 3.91 Diff
Active Auto HKS Gen 6 Level 1.5 S/C
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #49
m-technik
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335, E36 Ti, Porsche 986

I just came back from spending a month in Germany driving on the german autobahns and I'll tell you that it's not speeding that's the issue that's causing accidents, it's lack of driver training and automobile/truck inspections. It's much more dangerous having 90 yr old grandpa sputtering down the hwy in the left lane in his 81 caddilac with bald tires and no brakes than it is having a properly maintained car/truck with a properly trained driver going 40k over our hwy speed limits. If our government actually cared for the good of the people they would implement similar measures put forth in Germany, however, they are only in it to line their own pockets, that's why they always take the easy way out. Pathetic, isn't it?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2010, 04:25 PM   #50
Me_Hi
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: *

Better driving schools are definitely a must in most north America
      09-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #51
ehhhwik
Brigadier General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 09' BMW 335d, 07' BMW E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-technik View Post
I just came back from spending a month in Germany driving on the german autobahns and I'll tell you that it's not speeding that's the issue that's causing accidents, it's lack of driver training and automobile/truck inspections. It's much more dangerous having 90 yr old grandpa sputtering down the hwy in the left lane in his 81 caddilac with bald tires and no brakes than it is having a properly maintained car/truck with a properly trained driver going 40k over our hwy speed limits. If our government actually cared for the good of the people they would implement similar measures put forth in Germany, however, they are only in it to line their own pockets, that's why they always take the easy way out. Pathetic, isn't it?
+9999, i will vote for u for PM

Retired: 07' E92 328i (Jet Black)
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #52
Me_Hi
Major
No_Country
Rep

1 week left
      09-15-2010, 02:10 PM   #53
que2k
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335xi Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentm View Post
I didn't know civil engineer knows the law as much as ppl in sevice of the law. Do you think traffic engineers can monitor ever street and area? As sociologist, human makes the law. One major accident and the government start making law for it. In another countries they are laughing at this.

AS to going back to the topic, we should be looking at the ratio of good driver and bad driver on the road. Government using an excuse to make more money from us. Here in TO. most ppl drives at least 15km/hr and over the limit.
To answer your question yes - traffic engineers monitor every street and area. When roads are designed the alignment and grade determine the speed limit. Once the road is opened further monitoring tasks place in order to validate that the design critera used were correct.

In order to change speed limits traffic studies have to be undertaken (which I agree with you accident frequency is looked at) and then engineering must be completed to validate the change.
      09-15-2010, 09:25 PM   #54
johnsonz1122
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 335xi

this is crazy. so first time u seepding over 40 u hv to pay 2100 in total. and 2nd time that will be 3400 in total. i guess the govt cant get out of the debt from the olympic. so they introduced a series of cash grab to cover the debt .
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #55
Noxious_
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by veightkiller View Post
Somebody Shoot him please.
+1

Throw his wife and kids into the equation for good measure.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 06:51 PM   #56
Me_Hi
Major
No_Country
Rep

In case you thought you can give up your car and get the transit they just announced price increases for the public transit