E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Anyone familiar with Autocraft BMW in Uniondale?

09-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
nycbr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 TiAg 328xi

Anyone familiar with Autocraft BMW in Uniondale?

I saw they were a sponsor of the Concours D'Elegance at Old Westbury Gardens on Sunday, but never heard of them before. Anyone have experience with them?

TIA
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 09:54 AM   #2
bmwnomore
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbr View Post
I saw they were a sponsor of the Concours D'Elegance at Old Westbury Gardens on Sunday, but never heard of them before. Anyone have experience with them?

TIA
My Coworker recommended me to Autocraft at uniondale NY. My BMW had just went dead while driving on the highway, it just lost power to the wheels and I was very lucky that I was able to drive to a service road while rolling to a stop!! That's when I tried out these people for the first time. They took out their Diagnostic tool but told me it could not communicate with my car's computer. Finally they called me and told me the car was ready. I asked them what caused the car to dangerously went dead on the highway, they said since the computer could not communicate with my car, they wouldn't know, but they reset the program so the car can run now. I was shocked to hear that because they are supposed to tell me how much and what they would do to the car before going to do it. Now I won't know what caused the malfunction and if it would happen again(most likely). Seems to me they just want to pick the easy jobs and simply patched up my car and send me on my way! I was willing to pay for proper diagnosis and repair but how am I going to drive the car now not knowing when it will fail again and where! In my opinion I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, it's my first and last time there! I don't understand how they could send me off with a car that had just lost power on the highway!! Also, they didn't get my approval to reset the program. It is just as important to know what the cause is as much as fixing the problem. Now I am paying for a temporary fix and that's a lot for it.
Appreciate 0