E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW SF - not so bad anymore?

06-22-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
nightkhan
Private Woodman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i, JB, Space Rocket

BMW SF - not so bad anymore?

So as my E90 325i lease was coming to an end at the end of August, I began researching and contacting dealerships about leasing an E92 328. With the combination I requested, Black/black, sports, power seats, hi def sound, and comfort system, and manual, I figured it was gonna be special order. I started off with BMW SF, and basically the lease guy said, go get quotes, bring me back your best and I'll meet or beat it. I got quotes from Peter Pan, and BMW Fremont. For the said combo, Peter Pan quoted me 540/mo and some change, with 2500 down, 12k mi/yr, 36 mo lease. This was with the buy rate MF, and about 500 over invoice, and then fees, etc. Fremont quoted me 580, which I thought was a bit high. I had already done my research and calculations and knew what the payments would be. Peter Pan was pretty close to what I was getting. I buttered up the quote from Peter Pan and sent it to BMW SF and put it as 500/mo, with 2500 down, everything else the same.

The guy at BMW SF told me to come in and said they had something similar to what I wanted. They showed me a black/black e92 328, sports, power seats, bmw assist and bluetooth, ipod/usb, and heated seats. Close enough. But they also threw in the 335 wheels, and didn't factor in the price. pretty much just gave it to me. My advisor was telling me they've recently changed sales manager after 3 years, and got a new guy. The old manager was british and they said he was a yeller and nobody really liked him. This new guy apparently changed things a bit and wants to promote volume instead of highest profit.

Maybe it's working, cuz it was pretty obvious they were trying to get that car to me asap. I told them I still have 2 months left on my current lease, and still have to restore the car back to oem (rims, intake), plus some repairs to do. They said, no problem, they'll store the car for me until i'm done with all that. Then i asked, am i still going to be paying the old lease and the new lease? Again, they said no prob. They asked what my current payment is, and they basically said, alright, out of the 2500 down you were going to make, subtract from that the remaining 2 payments you have left, and the rest will be the down payment to us including first month payment. The monthly quote we got to was 508/mo. Not too bad, the original car I spec'ed out was a couple hundred more, but that also with the June price increase. So the MSRP for this car was about 500-700 less. Plus it had the 335 18's included with it, so can't complain too much. So right now I got the 328i in my garage, and my old 325i at the dealership lot, and they said whenever I want to come in to pick it up to do repairs, etc, just give them a call and they'll bring it out for me.
Current: E92 328i, Sports Package, 335i wheels, Power Seats, BMW Assist/Bluetooth, IPod/USB, heated seats, //M Short Shifter
Future Mods: 19" CSL's, KW V2, 15mm spacer, tints
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 03:44 PM   #2
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Nice- congrats on the new car!
Appreciate 0