E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Public Appology To Sytner Group

Closed Thread

10-25-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
England
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE GT3

Public Appology To Sytner Group

I hereby give a full appology to the SYTNER GROUP if I have said anything or accussed them of anything regarding the damage to my car ,

Now that the cause has gone public I feel that I should do this also thankyou to Tony e92 fan for bringing this to my attention

I have been so wrapped up in this mess since it happened that it has not crossed my mind that I could have done Sytner group or BMW damage to there reputation although I feel I have never slated them once on this forum or anywhere else

When my incident happened as far as I knew my car had failed what would anyone else have thought at the time if it had happened to them

Yes I did call Anthony my salesman last Monday and yes I did say to him that there must of been a fault with the car when they had it

I will be calling Anthony in the Morning to talk to him, he is an excellent salesman .

Thankyou

Michael.
      10-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #2
Darren Edwards @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D Edition Sport

Hi Michael

I have to be completely honest with you - I totally missed the original thread and was a tad bemused at seeing this- so I had a search and found it and have now sped read through it to see what you are saying sorry for.

Given the circumstances of the problem you encountered, I am not surprised that you and many other posters came to the conclusion that it must have been a fault that was missed by Sytner Leicester. Considering how you must have felt at the time I think your posts were actually pretty restrained! It must have been an incredibly stressful and worrying time for you.

So whilst I understand the reason for saying sorry, I don’t really think it is necessary and hope this post slides down the board nice and quickly!

BTW - I did notice in one of your posts the following " where's that Darren guy" -Given my schedule I don't read all posts so may miss something ( as I did with yours’) unless it is blatant in the title, so I am really sorry for not coming to your aid at the time. - I would just say that if anyone ever has a problem that they feel Sytner is responsible for then please do not hesitate to PM me or email me direct - darrenedwards@sytner.co.uk I promise to reslove any issue personally and in a timely manner.

Anyway - really pleased that it is being resolved - the M3 is breathtaking piece of engineering and I am sure you will continue to enjoy it to the full !

Very best wishes

Darren
Sytner Group BMW Franchise Director
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
England
Rep

Darren

I was in the understanding that Sytner or BMW had contacted the forum about this ,I must be mistaken .

Anyhow thanks for your understanding

I would always return to any Sytner dealership in the future.

Michael.
      10-25-2009, 04:29 PM   #4
Darren Edwards @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D Edition Sport

Hi Michael

I had absolutley no knowledge of this situation and certainly have not contacted the forum about it. I would be very surprised if the dealership in question contacted the forum - but I will check on Monday just to be sure. I know that BMW UK do read the forum, but again, I am not personally aware of any intervention.

Darren
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Seen the positive influence of Darren Edwards a few times now....well done for being so proactive mate!...
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #6
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
England
Rep

Darren

I would be very grateful if you could just check if yourselves or BMW have had a reaction to the original thread that I posted as a certain person has said that you had made contact to the forum /them about this and that you/BMW were very concerned about the alligations that I may or may not of made

You could pm me Tomorrow if this would be better for you .

thankyou again

Michael.
      10-25-2009, 04:59 PM   #7
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Kubota GR1600

Glad all is well in the world of 'E90 POST' again

Now is it not time we got 335 Diesel back, I am sure he would soon take peoples minds off this thread.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2009, 05:10 PM   #8
flyfs6
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

Darren, thank you for being proactive and continually reassuring us of your willingness to assist as best as you can.

Mikey, very happy you have had the issues with your car resolved and understand why you've now put this post up. I can see why, given your hair raising experience, you felt that it could have been a failing on your supplying dealers part. But I am sure an obvious fault such as a kinked metal arm will have been picked on sale prep.

Please dont take this the wrong way people, but we should refrain from making comments such as the one that Darren has highlighted, as its counter productive if you expect someone to help you (inapproriate too).

Remember, Darren is here to help us. Despite the fact he works across the country and travels on business, but whenever anyone approaches him they always get a response from him in a timely manner & get personal attention (look he's posting on a Sunday night). He's very courteous and there aren't many people in the business who would post their direct contact details. I can't tell anyone what to do, but I do feel that given how resourceful he is that we should give our Sytner dealers a chance to resolve any issues first. Contact Darren if you feel the dealership could do better or when absolutely necessary.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2009, 05:40 PM   #9
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Mikey, Im very glad this is all sorted. Your car is fixed your safe and we can move on and learn from all of this.

It does seem your aiming some of your comments in this thread at a highly respected forum member who does a lot to help all o us sometimes without us knowing.

Tony is incredibly well connected to bmw, I wouldnt be suprised if they contacted him regarding your trailing arm issue. They are in talks with him constantly about all sorts of issues.

You highlighted yours so much Im very sure it got major attention. This place is a open public forum. We must never forget this.
      10-25-2009, 06:51 PM   #10
Rushall
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d Coupe / Boxster S 987

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Mikey, Im very glad this is all sorted. Your car is fixed your safe and we can move on and learn from all of this.

It does seem your aiming some of your comments in this thread at a highly respected forum member who does a lot to help all o us sometimes without us knowing.

Tony is incredibly well connected to bmw, I wouldnt be suprised if they contacted him regarding your trailing arm issue. They are in talks with him constantly about all sorts of issues.

You highlighted yours so much Im very sure it got major attention. This place is a open public forum. We must never forget this.

Top post mate.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2009, 07:08 PM   #11
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X70 on the way

Mikey i hope you realise that it's better to up front and honest, than trying get threads closed.

In the other thread, you could have simply said.....

"Give me some time to speak to the people involved and i'll get back to you. Nothing sinister, but as it's the weekend, they aren't around. I'm sure i or they will clear things up."

Simples.

Anyway glad it's all sorted. Enjoy
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 12:52 PM   #12
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
England
Rep

Thankyou Darren for your PM Today I am very grateful that you took the time to investigate this for me

I contacted Liecester Sytner Today and spoke to Anthony explaining what had happened to my car and He was very helpful and pleased that it had been sorted

To others that have said what I should of done:

I was asked not to say anything about my car on the forum ,this put me in a very difficult position and I have been slated for it therefore I have decided that this will be my final post on E90 Post .

Thankyou and Goodbye.

Mikey.
      10-26-2009, 12:55 PM   #13
jjbirch
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 530D M SPORT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEYBMW1 View Post
Thankyou Darren for your PM Today I am very grateful that you took the time to investigate this for me

I contacted Liecester Sytner Today and spoke to Anthony explaining what had happened to my car and He was very helpful and pleased that it had been sorted

I was asked not to say anything about my car on the forum ,this put me in a very difficult position and I have been slated for it therefore I have decided that this will be my final post on E90 Post .

Thankyou and Goodbye.

Mikey.
i have been a lurker on e90post on your car for a while and when i first saw your car i wasnt keen on red, but all the mods that you have done, its one of the best M3's on here, its a sad loss if you leave m8
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 01:09 PM   #14
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:

Thankyou and Goodbye.

Mikey.
How long before we hear this:

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UPw-3e_pzqU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UPw-3e_pzqU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]

Don't leave over this mikey, would be a shame to do so now it's all done and dusted.

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #15
Rushall
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d Coupe / Boxster S 987

Mate

Before you over react yet again and cause another drama, don't you think it might worth remembering how many people rallied round for you last weekend?

Yes, a few people got on your back, not unreasonably in my opinion. But the majority have been incredibly supportive not least the mod (Tony?) who (whether directly or indirectly) probably had a significant bearing on you getting the outcome you've achieved.

If you hadn't have been a member of E90 last weekend, would you have had your problem resolved so quickly? Probably not.

If I were you, I'd wind your neck in and put the whole matter down to experience, learn from it and move on.

Best

Rush
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 05:15 PM   #16
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Thankyou and Goodbye.

Mikey.
Grow up and stop being such a drama queen. We all make mistakes its how we deal with them that counts.

You have always been a valued member, lick your wounds and soon everything will get back to normal.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 06:01 PM   #17
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
Grow up and stop being such a drama queen. We all make mistakes its how we deal with them that counts.

You have always been a valued member, lick your wounds and soon everything will get back to normal.

Are you sure you're not from yorkshire
      10-27-2009, 03:58 AM   #18
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
Are you sure you're not from yorkshire
North Derbyshire for 37 years which is only 15 mins from Sheffield, obviously something must have rubbed off
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 10:23 AM   #19
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

glad everything worked out in the end
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 02:39 PM   #20
bob mushroom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 320d MSport

Quote:

Thankyou and Goodbye.

Mikey.
The Stephen Fry of E90Post - come back...
      11-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #21
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
England
Rep

Thanks

just want to move on now though
      11-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #22
edowen
Major
Rep