E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW airbag light and seat belt light

09-07-2019, 02:10 PM   #1
chaseb9
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

BMW airbag light and seat belt light

I am going to post this in here since I would like to see if I can get then sensor coded out, So this is the last step in my journey of restoring this destroyed BMW that the previous owner just made it a mess. So I went ahead and read my codes and I have an airbag code which is 93C6. It has something to do with my backrest lock. I also get a seat with an unlock symbol next to it when ever I start my car. It also says it is a Fault in Alarm path in the driver's seat module. I am not sure if that means my module is fried or something but how do I go forth with fixing this issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 05:50 PM   #2
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseb9 View Post
I am going to post this in here since I would like to see if I can get then sensor coded out, So this is the last step in my journey of restoring this destroyed BMW that the previous owner just made it a mess. So I went ahead and read my codes and I have an airbag code which is 93C6. It has something to do with my backrest lock. I also get a seat with an unlock symbol next to it when ever I start my car. It also says it is a Fault in Alarm path in the driver's seat module. I am not sure if that means my module is fried or something but how do I go forth with fixing this issue.
I read somewhere that someone had to get their seat frame replaced to fix it. You can try coding it out, I've never attempted but in ABG trace I found SLV_FAHRER_1 driver flip forward seat backrest lock. Try setting that to nicht aktiv if you don't wanna go through diagnosis and trying to fix it.

Also take a look under the seat and make sure nothing is disconnected and all plugs are plugged in securely
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 05:56 PM   #3
chaseb9
Private
Rep

Now what program can I do this in, When I open NCS Expert I do not have a ABG module. I have a E93 so I have some ACSM or somthing module but I still don't see that either.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 06:28 PM   #4
chaseb9
Private
Rep

ok so i figured the module put in ncs expert. i go ahead and changed it to nicht_aktiv but it goes back to aktiv after i code the module
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 06:44 PM   #5
chaseb9
Private
Rep

Ok, I fixed it. Thank you so much! No more light on my dash.
Appreciate 0