E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > closest to stock suspension

01-14-2007, 08:28 PM   #1
007e92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 645Ci

Garage List
2004 BMW 645  [0.00]
closest to stock suspension

hello,

im new to this suspension stuff and was wondering, which is the best set up for suspension out in the market right now? im running a 2007 328i coupe with sports package and i just want the perfect drop with my set of 19s but im not sure exactly which brand or type to go for...it would be great if i had height control as well. is there any brand out there (price not being a factor), where spring and shock combination/coilover that will ride as closely as possible to stock? after reading a couple of posts it seems like the KW v3s are pretty good? lastly, this wouldnt void my warranty would it? any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Retired Rides:
07' e92
04' e46
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2007, 06:04 PM   #2
Evan@Creative
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007e92 View Post
hello,

im new to this suspension stuff and was wondering, which is the best set up for suspension out in the market right now? im running a 2007 328i coupe with sports package and i just want the perfect drop with my set of 19s but im not sure exactly which brand or type to go for...it would be great if i had height control as well. is there any brand out there (price not being a factor), where spring and shock combination/coilover that will ride as closely as possible to stock? after reading a couple of posts it seems like the KW v3s are pretty good? lastly, this wouldnt void my warranty would it? any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
PM sent
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2007, 06:45 PM   #3
18LLC
Major General
Rep
Drives: e89

any parts you change out, you will not have warrenty for that part. unless if anything happen, you put the oem parts back and bitchy the dealer. if you want to adjust the height, coilover is your only choice. btw, I love bilstein, but I don't know if they have coilover for e92 or not.
      01-23-2007, 06:47 PM   #4
Evan@Creative
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18LLC View Post
any parts you change out, you will not have warrenty for that part. unless if anything happen, you put the oem parts back and bitchy the dealer. if you want to adjust the height, coilover is your only choice. btw, I love bilstein, but I don't know if they have coilover for e92 or not.
The coilovers are the same for the E90 and the E92.
Appreciate 0