E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Turbo warranty extension question

09-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
colt9987
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Turbo warranty extension question

After removing my secondary cats I have a huge amount of white smokes that comes out of the driver side tailpipe. After doing research on here I think it is my turbos going out. If I take the car into the dealer to see what they say and see if they will replace the turbos under the warranty, will they care that my secondary cats are removed?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
pits200
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire

I am pretty sure they'll care a lot. While I was in warranty, my catless dps were the number one mod they hated due to the visibility.

My turbos are fine but just a little bit of wastegate rattle and they said there was nothing they could do and wouldn't honor the extended warranty from bmw on the turbos.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
colt9987
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

I still have my primary cats though. From my understanding that would for sure be an issue but what I am not sure of is the secondary cats being gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pits200 View Post
I am pretty sure they'll care a lot. While I was in warranty, my catless dps were the number one mod they hated due to the visibility.

My turbos are fine but just a little bit of wastegate rattle and they said there was nothing they could do and wouldn't honor the extended warranty from bmw on the turbos.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #4
KaiserN54
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I

I'll find out by tomorrow- I have the same issue. But I have bad rattle as opposed to smoke. Like you, car is completely stock aside from deleted secondaries. Dropping the car off tonight for the extended warranty- we'll see what they say. They didn't seem bothered by it though last week when I stopped by to ask about the warranty and I told them about the secondaries. (in a response to a "any mods?" question)
Appreciate 0