E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Sheepskin vs Cotton-Poly BMW Seat Covers?

06-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
Zengineer
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 G20 M340xi BGM

Sheepskin vs Cotton-Poly BMW Seat Covers?

Greetings all - As summer is approaching, I am 'feeling the heat' to get some seat covers that reduce the amount of sweat that my ass produces (apologies if that was too graphic). I have narrowed it down to sheepskin and the cotton-poly seat covers from BMW.

The cotton-poly BMW seat covers are 'vests' - meaning they don't cover the whole seat, just the center portion. Personally, I like the look of that but cannot find a sheepskin 'vest' for an e90 with base seat.

Does anyone have any idea where I could order such a thing?

It seems that the sheepskin would be more comfortable and keep my buns cooler, but if the cotton-poly BMW vests are also effective, it might be worth saving a few bucks and giving the cotton poly vests a shot.

I welcome anyone's feedback about cooling the seats down bit.

Thanks!

-Brandon

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #2
Zengineer
Private
No_Country
Rep

I think www.superlambauto.com is the best choice.

Man I just don't know if I can justify HUNDREDs of dollars for seat covers... I think i'll try the BMW cotton-poly first, and if those are worthless, maybe upgrade to the sheepskin.

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

sheepskin covers hahahaahahahha they look terrible on ANY car

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zengineer View Post
I think www.superlambauto.com is the best choice.

Man I just don't know if I can justify HUNDREDs of dollars for seat covers... I think i'll try the BMW cotton-poly first, and if those are worthless, maybe upgrade to the sheepskin.
i feel like sheepskin will make you even hotter and sweat more.

you should get something that allows more ventilation. have you considered a beaded car seat cover? my taxi driving uncle swears by them and drives for hours without breaking a sweat.
http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Wood-C...ref=pd_sim_e_4

or a bamboo one if you're environmentally conscious. it even features enhanced lumbar support
http://www.amazon.com/Cooling-Summer...boo+seat+cover

Last edited by i dunno; 06-10-2013 at 09:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #5
PerthBMW
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Aussie Solution

Hi

I used these as a solution and they work really well and suit a car with seat side airbags. I covered the Holden Lion logo with a BMW badge and they look good. They seat covers do not make you hot and serve the purpose you have outlined. You can also see more detials about them on the holden website www.holden.com.au

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-G...ht_1476wt_1161

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #6
Zengineer
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
sheepskin covers hahahaahahahha they look terrible on ANY car
Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
Zengineer
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno View Post
i feel like sheepskin will make you even hotter and sweat more.

you should get something that allows more ventilation. have you considered a beaded car seat cover? my taxi driving uncle swears by them and drives for hours without breaking a sweat.
http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Wood-C...ref=pd_sim_e_4

or a bamboo one if you're environmentally conscious. it even features enhanced lumbar support
http://www.amazon.com/Cooling-Summer...boo+seat+cover
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerthBMW View Post
Hi

I used these as a solution and they work really well and suit a car with seat side airbags. I covered the Holden Lion logo with a BMW badge and they look good. They seat covers do not make you hot and serve the purpose you have outlined. You can also see more detials about them on the holden website www.holden.com.au

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-G...ht_1476wt_1161

Hope this helps
Thank you for the helpful responses! I'll add those to the list of considerations.

I thought the same thing about sheepskin, but yeah apparently it does a really good job of staying at a constant (relatively cool) temperature.

Thanks!

Appreciate 0