E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > I wish I spoke American...

05-14-2009, 12:45 PM   #67
Geoffo
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Something else..

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Can't believe the thread over there has been closed!

One thing trying to insult me but insulting the Queen is too much imo. Off with his head!!! She's my boss after all.

Matt, you serious btw about Neil?
What thread was this Helen ??
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 12:58 PM   #68
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
The one Matt originally posted about creating this thread and the one that has since created 4 pages lol.

Wouldn't mind visiting New England though, looks beautiful.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #69
E902717
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E91 335d M-Sport

they have deleted all the hilarious posts though! also closed it

Told you they take themselves to seriously....

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #70
Geoffo
Major
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E902717 View Post

Just re-read It.Makes little sense now.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #71
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E902717 View Post

That's why I was scratching my head then Paul as to why it had been closed lol.

Can't believe we 'more or less' speak the same language and the humour is soooo different! Got us through the war according to my Grandparents.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 01:25 PM   #72
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Can't believe the thread over there has been closed!

One thing trying to insult me but insulting the Queen is too much imo. Off with his head!!! She's my boss after all.

Matt, you serious btw about Neil?
Oh please your Royal Family sucks.. We got royalty here too but we call them by their real name, WELFARE recipiants.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 01:33 PM   #73
USAROCKSYEEHAA
Rep
Drives: A lion called Aslan

Poor neilmc that sucks my fellow buddies. We should have a wip round for him and buy him an Hermes tie and matching silk handkerchief, I reckon he would really like that. I am off to have some grit's and Mom's apple pie. YeeHaa
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 01:40 PM   #74
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAROCKSYEEHAA View Post
Poor neilmc that sucks my fellow buddies. We should have a wip round for him and buy him an Hermes tie and matching silk handkerchief, I reckon he would really like that. I am off to have some grit's and Mom's apple pie. YeeHaa
Man, that's sick
      05-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #75
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Oh please your Royal Family sucks.. We got royalty here too but we call them by their real name, WELFARE recipiants.
Thank you, I'll pass on your regards to Ma'am next time I'm summoned for afternoon tea. Apparently she is renowned for her dry sense of humour, especially with regard to the 'younger' less historical countries.

Anyhow, thought your royalty were film stars.

Ever been to New England btw and if so what's it like?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #76
USAROCKSYEEHAA
Rep

I am guessing that neilmc also likes John Lobb shoes, size 8 EE fitting, something like a whole cut oxford in chestnut finish. Shall we start the wip round now? I have never met him, but he sounds brilliant. Someone told me he invented the exclamation mark and he has stated to breed panda's all on his own.

Last edited by USAROCKSYEEHAA; 05-14-2009 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: forgot his shoe size
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #77
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAROCKSYEEHAA View Post
I am guessing that neilmc also likes John Lobb shoes, size 8 EE fitting, something like a whole cut oxford in chestnut finish. Shall we start the wip round now? I have never met him, but he sounds brilliant. Someone told me he invented the exclamation mark and he has stated to breed panda's all on his own.
Oh yes he's a one off, sure you'd like him. I'm also quite sure you'd get on very well with him. He hasn't got big feet has he.

That user name is hell of a mouthful.............needs shortening to something, but what?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #78
USAROCKSYEEHAA
Rep

No he has quite small feet for someone who is 6ft tall 14.5 stone and wears 43.5" chest, 36" waist Brioni suits and 16.5" neck Turnbull and Asser shirts, perhaps we should buy him some of these as well? I have never met him, so these are rough estimations.

Sorry about the username.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 03:19 PM   #79
Geoffo
Major
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Ever been to New England btw and if so what's it like?
Whats your thing with New England Helen ??
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 03:40 PM   #80
alcook
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP Convertible

Quote:
Don't let it worry you my colonial friend.

We were on to our 39th King & Queen before even the earliest European explorers set foot on North American soil and discovered Native Indians.... never mind the many 100's of years of modern history prior to the first Saxon Kings in 827.

So I'm afraid you're completely missing those special genes of proper, real, ancient and steeped History that simply seeps from these ancient and glorious shores. There's really no point in even explaining how that makes us feel. The sense of belonging to a past that means we can see beyond the ends of our noses.

Please note the capital H and bold letters because that's proper history. Not the very recent history debating about the age of New England. A point in time when we'd moved on to our 53rd or so King & Queen.

So I'm afraid your weak attempts at belittling a time line that simply shaped the world we, and you have today, from this small Island that had the largest Empire in History and continues to have the Queen as head of state in 53 countries (Inlcluding Canada, NZ, Aus etc etc etc) is simply a pitiful and exquisitely childish attempt at annoying us.

You have no idea how insignificant that makes you look.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #81
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffo318 View Post
Whats your thing with New England Helen ??
Been to LA, San Francisco, New York and Mexico but I know a few people who have been to New England who have said it's well worth a visit and dare I say the 'history' interests me lol. Boston is another place I wouldn't mind visiting. Places I keep meaning to visit but buying 911 Turbo's curbs the finances!!

Al - class.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 04:39 PM   #82
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
You wont understand it, no need to comment on subjects you dont know about.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 04:41 PM   #83
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcook View Post

We were on to our 39th King & Queen before even the earliest European explorers set foot on North American soil and discovered Native Indians.... never mind the many 100's of years of modern history prior to the first Saxon Kings in 827.

So I'm afraid you're completely missing those special genes of proper, real, ancient and steeped History that simply seeps from these ancient and glorious shores. There's really no point in even explaining how that makes us feel. The sense of belonging to a past that means we can see beyond the ends of our noses.

Please note the capital H and bold letters because that's proper history. Not the very recent history debating about the age of New England. A point in time when we'd moved on to our 53rd or so King & Queen.

So I'm afraid your weak attempts at belittling a time line that simply shaped the world we, and you have today, from this small Island that had the largest Empire in History and continues to have the Queen as head of state in 53 countries (Inlcluding Canada, NZ, Aus etc etc etc) is simply a pitiful and exquisitely childish attempt at annoying us.

05-15-2009, 02:32 AM   #84
Geoffo
Major
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Been to LA, San Francisco, New York and Mexico but I know a few people who have been to New England who have said it's well worth a visit and dare I say the 'history' interests me lol. Boston is another place I wouldn't mind visiting. Places I keep meaning to visit but buying 911 Turbo's curbs the finances!!

Al - class.
If you're into nature & beautiful scenery,then New England is difficult to beat.
Downtown Boston is nice,small streets.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 10:26 AM   #85
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

I'm not sure whats going on here anymore, but yes thats what happened to Neil...

He got banned for some sort of Yankee bating... but I believe he is here in spirit

Its handy he isnt as bad as the Americans think really, or else he would have used the fact he was banned to not send me some Carbon Fibre bits I bought off him the day before...

Funny how integrity is in the eye of the beholder eh?

Matt
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 11:24 AM   #86
USAROCKSYEEHAA
Rep

What an excellent point Matt, he must be a fine fellow.

I wish we had someone like that over here in the US of A where I live amid all the brashness, arrogance and ill informed historical facts.

I wish, I wish, I wish I was like that fine british institution neilmc.

I am going off now in my 8.2 litre engine pick-up truck that run's on petrol to visit my Sister, who is also my Mother.

YeeHaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boston's nice, but not as nice as Manhattan around 102 west 57th street between 6th and 7th ave, where my Hilton club apartment is being very, very bloody slowly built.

Last edited by USAROCKSYEEHAA; 05-15-2009 at 12:01 PM.. Reason: wetter than an otter's pocket.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #87
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcook View Post

As insignificant as the English Empire; oh how the sun has set.

And BTW I'm just messing with you guys. I been to England quite a few times and I always had a blast there. The only better spot for me than the UK is Krakow, Poland.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 03:28 PM   #88
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
As insignificant as the English Empire; oh how the sun has set.

And BTW I'm just messing with you guys. I been to England quite a few times and I always had a blast there. The only better spot for me than the UK is Krakow, Poland.
What...........you mean you're American and can have a dry sense of humour? Well you live and learn.

Sun can't set luv 'cos the Aussies etc live on a really strange place called the southern hemisphere. All they do is play rugby and cricket and beat us at it - most of the time.
Appreciate 0