E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > A matter of exhaust

12-31-2006, 09:32 AM   #1
Mookie
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320d

A matter of exhaust

Hi guys, I am a BMW 320d owner and I would like to equip my car with the twin exhaust system which is used in the six cylinder engines production. The twin exhausts are a nice touch (as well as being functional, helping the engine achieve its storming headline figures) as they also add to the car's sporting demeanour and look so much better than four cylinder models' offering.
Unfortunally, I do not know if this operation is actually possible and, in case, whom I should apply to, etc.
So you would greatly oblige me if you could supply all the concerning informations. I thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2006, 11:39 AM   #2
acizek
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, G30 M550d, F01 750i

Garage List
2005 330d  [0.00]
mookie,
I got the Hartge twin pipes for 320d. during install they remove muffler and just put a pipe with y finish instead.
contact your local hartge dealer, they should be able to tell you more.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2007, 04:15 AM   #3
Mookie
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320d

Thanks for the hint. Of course I will contact a Hartge dealer for more infos but I really love the wide muffler of six cylinder Bmw's that Hartge unfortunately does not reproduce. I was thinking about Alpina D3 exhaust system for my 320d. It seems to me something more "familiar" and compatible (both cars have the same engine). Yet ALPINA is not a tuner but a real manufacturer of exclusive automobiles and although it can offer retrofit spare parts for Bmw's I guess it does not offer any performance parts like engines, exhaust systems, etc. What d'you think?
Appreciate 0