E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Vessel: Maersk Wave - Pt. Hueneme ETA 7/10

07-18-2008, 11:27 PM   #45
cbattle
Nascentes Morimur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 335i

Right on! Glad to hear some folks are getting some BMW love in time for the weekend.

Bummer to hear about the Bridgestones. I had had been hearing about other recent deliveries with the ZSP shod with Michelins. On the bright side, I hear the Bridgestones don't last so long, so you'll probably get to replace them with something better soon.

Anyway, congrats on the new E91. I'll be on the lookout for the pics!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2008, 06:25 PM   #46
Hit_Apex
Riding the knock sensor
Rep
Drives: 21 X5MC | 23 M4CSL

Garage List
2021 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
I've heard it's possible for the dealer to delay shipments if they don't have room on their lots to accomodate a full truck. Anyone know if this is true? It may explain why some customer cars are later than others.
      07-22-2008, 01:06 AM   #47
Chuckles
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i Monaco/Black

My CA said something to that effect... However, at the time he was talking more about dealer-to-dealer swaps, which he implied is a service offered by BMW-NA. He warned me that they don't like moving trucks that aren't fully loaded and that if I wanted a SoCal car it may not make it by end of month. His suggestion then was to hire a private transport company for ~$800 to get the car up here in time for the 0.9% financing. Luckily we found the car at the VDC (still a swap, but able to be intercepted at the VDC) and the shipping time for it isn't so bad.

On a positive note, got a mail from my CA today and my car is being delivered Thursday! WOOT!

335i E90 - Monaco/Burl/Black, Prem, Sport, Step, Fold Down Seats, Heated Seats, Comfort Access, Nav, iPod
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 01:11 AM   #48
cbattle
Nascentes Morimur
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_Apex View Post
I've heard it's possible for the dealer to delay shipments if they don't have room on their lots to accomodate a full truck. Anyone know if this is true? It may explain why some customer cars are later than others.
Ooooohhh... I sure as hell hope not.

I'd figure that the dealer would want to start collecting our money ASAP, but who knows. Maybe we're not that much money to them in the big picture.

Latest news from my CA is that it is yet to be released to the carrier, but is showing "scheduled" (whatever that means...).

How's Maui? What the heck are you doing online? Get back to the Luau!!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 08:19 AM   #49
calimarc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Yas Marina Blue M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_Apex View Post
I would think that these car deliveries come on trucks that drop off to various dealerships along the way. So to request a "half truck" or a particular customers car on a truck should be feasable (if space on a lot is a concern).
If these dealerships have half a business sense they shouldn't give the customer the impression that they are going to have to wait to "fill up a truck." Hell in this economy we could be waiting a while to "fill up a truck!" If this is the truth then these dealerships need to keep that info deep under wraps

I took European Delivery on my car... so I am about to make my second payment on a car I am waiting on !!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 07:02 PM   #50
hyperspeed
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R8, MYP, GLE

hope you guys have gotten your cars already. its been a while!

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 09:19 PM   #51
Hit_Apex
Riding the knock sensor
Rep
Drives: 21 X5MC | 23 M4CSL

Garage List
2021 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
Yep, I picked her up on Wednesday - everything almost went smoothly. The tech that PDI'd the car and added the wheel locks majorly over-torqued one of them. I realized this when I got home and went to install a new set of BBS that have been waiting patiently. Only on this particular wheel lock, the keyed socket started to bend with a breaker bar so I took it back - they couldn't get it off either. Now the key is severely distorted and they have to order a couple more to try it again and may have to drill it out. It's possible the lug is cross threaded and they'll have to replace the hub. Bummer, so many stories of dealers over-torqueing lugs but this is beyond a few extra ft-lbs.
      07-25-2008, 02:45 AM   #52
Chuckles
Rep

Picked up mine tonight

Only hiccup is that I didn't go over the paint that well in the showroom and then found a large chip after I got her home.

I'm really disappointed too because I ordered the clear stone-shield to be installed next week... Sent a note to my CA, we'll see if he can help at all.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2008, 03:32 AM   #53
cbattle
Nascentes Morimur
United_States
Rep

Still waiting...

Dealership says that the delay is due to the install/painting of the aero kit. Not that I'm doubting my CA, but do any of you who have taken delivery also have the aero kit?

Really bummed. Was planning on taking it on a road trip this weekend, have my old car lined up for sale, and am now worrying about missing the July 31 deadline for the 0.9%.

Still, congratulations to you guys who have successfully picked up yours. You guys have fun enjoying your new vehicles now....

How was Maui?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2008, 09:57 AM   #54
calimarc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbattle View Post
Still waiting...

Dealership says that the delay is due to the install/painting of the aero kit. Not that I'm doubting my CA, but do any of you who have taken delivery also have the aero kit?

Really bummed. Was planning on taking it on a road trip this weekend, have my old car lined up for sale, and am now worrying about missing the July 31 deadline for the 0.9%.

Still, congratulations to you guys who have successfully picked up yours. You guys have fun enjoying your new vehicles now....

How was Maui?
I know the feeling! I am waiting also and definately missed the .9% since you sign the finance paperwork before doing European Delivery. I figure I lost around 4k because I signed at 3.9% instead of the .9% APR
I am about to make my second payment on a car I am stilling waiting on...lol
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2008, 09:47 PM   #55
cbattle
Nascentes Morimur
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by calimarc View Post
I know the feeling! I am waiting also and definately missed the .9% since you sign the finance paperwork before doing European Delivery. I figure I lost around 4k because I signed at 3.9% instead of the .9% APR
I am about to make my second payment on a car I am stilling waiting on...lol
Ouch. I'm gonna have to stop my whining... On the bright side, you did save on the ED, right? Do let us all know when you've taken delivery.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2008, 12:38 PM   #56
minaret
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E91 ZSP

Garage List
I have an appointment Tuesday for VentureShield Clear Bra. Had the same paint protection on my previous E91, and was worth it! The road I use to work has heavy traffic from Belly-dump gravel trucks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2008, 12:33 AM   #57
calimarc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbattle View Post
Ouch. I'm gonna have to stop my whining... On the bright side, you did save on the ED, right? Do let us all know when you've taken delivery.
Took redelivery (after European Delivery) from dealership yesterday and been having fun since. Got the Sirius going and BMW Assist, pairing the phones with the Bluetooth, told the dealership to schedule an appointment for the Sil Lighting (thought that would be installed at the VDC). The only thing was some confusion about ordering the M Areo Kit. I am almost sure I did and paid for this. I misplaced my options sheet I was given and have to ask the dealership to go over it with me again
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 03:57 AM   #58
cbattle
Nascentes Morimur
United_States
Rep

Finally!

Took delivery this evening.

Turns out that getting the aero kit put on at the VDC took almost as much time as building the entire car and shipping it across the Atlantic.

It's difficult to sleep when I want to go play with the new toy...
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #59
Chuckles
Rep

Good to see folks are finally getting their rides. I've put about 900 miles on mine in the first week (drove down along the WA and OR coast).

Here's a pic taken along the way, the lighting was terrible... particularly for a Monaco car.

It goes in the shop on Tuesday for a paint chip and VentureShield install. This paint is really ugly when it chips because it's light-colored primer underneath.

E90 335i - Moncao/Black/Burl, Step, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather (minus washers), Navigation, Comfort Access, iPod, PDC
Appreciate 0