E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Awful E92 335i purchase experience

07-30-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
zeus6
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe w/ZSP

Awful E92 335i purchase experience

I recently got an E92 335i w/ZSP and Steptronic to take advantage of the .9% financing deal and everything went pretty smooth at the dealership till I signed all the paperwork and left.

Since the car had optional wheels on it, I couldn't pick it up the same day and was told to come back a week later (so that they can take the wheels of an E93 that is coming soon and put them on mine). I also decided to get some tint work done since the car was going to be at the dealership for a week. The problem is the customer service has been utterly disappointing since I left the dealership, my client advisor and the guy who was helping him through the negotiation process have both been quite unprofessional so far.

When I called them about my car and certain exterior protection options I am interested in they were complaining about not making any money off me and pretty much cut the conversation short without really answering my questions or concerns. I sent them an email about the process I have to go through when I pick up my car and no response either.

What disappoints me the most is the way they ignore me since they supposedly did not make any money off the deal. Why the hell did they agree to sell the car then? I am really confused and frustrated with this. I am hoping that the car is safe with these guys.

I live more than 100 miles away from the dealership so it is kinda of hard for me to go check on it and deal with these people in person.

BTW the dealership's name is: Momentum BMW West of Houston
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
Mooreski
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LMB '09 E90 M3

Ask the manager what he wants to get on the customer survey. Then ask him what he plans on doing to get you back up to those #'s!!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
zeus6
Rep

Unfortunately the customer service call came first before I started calling them about my car and I gave them a 5 I am afraid to go to the senior folks over there since i have not picked up my car yet but I will make sure to raise hell after that
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 07:49 PM   #4
AdamJ
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

What was your price before TTL
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 08:16 PM   #5
zeus6
Rep

43.2k for E92 335i Metallic Paint, ZSP, Bluetooth+BMW Assist, Ipod+USB Adaptor, Steptronic with paddleshifts, and Satellite Radio
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 08:38 PM   #6
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

1800-831-1117. File a complaint with them.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 08:43 PM   #7
Greatest335I
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335I black

should have buy your car at northside houston : ) !!!!!!
      07-30-2008, 08:44 PM   #8
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

I would just tell them to take a hike and buy the vehicle elsewhere. You're talking about in excess of 40 thousand dollars, that's two 4 cyl. Honda Accords. If they don't feel like being decent about it, F them. Every dealership has loads of 3 Series they can't sell. At least they can earn the business. My .02.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 08:46 PM   #9
Dleo
Brigadier General
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5

back out of the deal and go to another dealer.
      07-30-2008, 08:50 PM   #10
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dleo View Post
back out of the deal and go to another dealer.
+1, it might take some balls but that is the statement you want to make, not to mention dealing with these guys down the road for the remainder of the time you own the car. . .
      07-30-2008, 10:17 PM   #11
zeus6
Rep

Thank you for the responses folks. I have signed the 'Motor Vehicle Retail Installment Contract - Texas' and got the extended warranty and maintenance as well. Is it still okay to back out? The only thing I was waiting on is the vehicle getting tinted and the wheels changed so that I can pick it up. But the whole unprofessional post sales attitude is actually making me think about backing out of the deal even though I love the car and would buy the car from another dealership eventually. So just because I did not pick up the car yet its okay for me to back out? Is it okay here in Texas?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 11:32 PM   #12
noro
Colonel
Armenia
Rep
Drives: '91 M3, '04 E46 ZHP, '72 2002

I don't get it... you bought a car, they are in process of replacing wheels and tinting, after which you will pick up the car. What exactly is your problem? Are you looking for long and super friendly conversations? This is business and until they back out of a promise or you see sub-par quality work during delivery you really can't complain. The fact that they are complaining about not making money on the car tells me that you may be asking for more stuff..

I am not putting you down, just find parts of the story missing if you know what I mean.
      07-31-2008, 12:28 AM   #13
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 //M3 e90 Interlagos Blue

Garage List
Two things.

1) Check the invoice price of your vehicle online. If you paid $1000 over invoice or less OK. If you paid more then you were screwed Texas Style.

2) I have more bad news. Steptronic Auto Transmission option is Free in July along with the 0.9% Financing. If they didn't tell you.... then you got screwed twice. Mississippi Style the second time.

Have the Sales Manager stand next to you next time you visit to watch his CA's in action.

Find out your rights to back out of the deal under Texas Law.

There is a fire sale on 2008 BMW models due to the economy and excess stock in the West and South.

Good luck...still a sweet car.

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 01:08 AM   #14
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Momentum BMW has been mentioned too many times on this forum for bad reasons...that is a bummer. Not much you can do at this point, I'm afraid. Might want to get the tint done elsewhere, somebody can knock it out in one day closer to home.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 12:25 PM   #15
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorg117 View Post
Unfortunately the customer service call came first before I started calling them about my car and I gave them a 5 I am afraid to go to the senior folks over there since i have not picked up my car yet but I will make sure to raise hell after that
The only thing making this transaction horrible for you is fear... You've said it youself. THEY ARE NOT doing you a favor, they want to sell you a car and if not then get one somewhere else. If they are treating you badly walk. If you haven't taken delivery, I do not believe the transaction is final. Tell em' to go EABOD...

But Being intimidated, dealing with fear, is what leads to a lot of anger and poor experiences.
      07-31-2008, 12:31 PM   #16
RMA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i M sport coupe

Garage List
Paying $43,500 or so sounds like you stole the car. And as for the "free" automatic the rebate is for the same retail price as automatic.
      07-31-2008, 12:47 PM   #17
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

What is the name of the store near downtown? I heard they were good people. Sounds like Momentum had a stick in their rears over "another piece of iron". Even if they sold at invoice there is still money in their pocket. Don't let them fool you on the skinny deal theory. If a sales manager on the desk signed off on the deal....that's it.
      07-31-2008, 12:59 PM   #18
CebernalE90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 SG,E90, 07 4dr jp Wrangler

Garage List
hey i got my car at a momentum dealer and dont have too much to complain about ......ok if you already signed the contract im pretty sure you cannot back out....now i dont see what exactly they did that they were not as nice to you as when you went to buy the car? dude you bought a 40+ K car do not take any shit from them,,,,sometimes you have to put ppl in there place when they try to run you over its not like there giving the car away...and next time they tell you they made nothing on that deal tell them they can kiss your ass for being liars ....DONT TAKE CRAP FROM CAR SALESMAN
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 01:12 PM   #19
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit

not for nothing but this is why I laugh when ppl think it is such a great idea to GRIND dealers down to nothing!! not saying your wrong or they are right but it is human nature to blow some thing off if there is nothing it for them!! and side note its not allowed to swap wheels on a brand new car that did not come with them as it is federal law that what ever is listed on window stick is supposed to be there!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 01:17 PM   #20
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_dude View Post
Two things.

1) Check the invoice price of your vehicle online. If you paid $1000 over invoice or less OK. If you paid more then you were screwed Texas Style.

2) I have more bad news. Steptronic Auto Transmission option is Free in July along with the 0.9% Financing. If they didn't tell you.... then you got screwed twice. Mississippi Style the second time.

Have the Sales Manager stand next to you next time you visit to watch his CA's in action.

Find out your rights to back out of the deal under Texas Law.

There is a fire sale on 2008 BMW models due to the economy and excess stock in the West and South.

Good luck...still a sweet car.

Cheers,

this is the dumbest post of the year so you think a BMW isnt worth msrp go buy a friggin honda its ppl like you who make me sick thinking you are entitled to the world seriously so you think that because you want a LUXURY car they should give it away to you???????makes no sence to me another classic example of ppl not buying with in there means
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 01:52 PM   #21
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by noro View Post
I don't get it... you bought a car, they are in process of replacing wheels and tinting, after which you will pick up the car. What exactly is your problem? Are you looking for long and super friendly conversations? This is business and until they back out of a promise or you see sub-par quality work during delivery you really can't complain. The fact that they are complaining about not making money on the car tells me that you may be asking for more stuff..

I am not putting you down, just find parts of the story missing if you know what I mean.
Finally, a post I can agree with. It sounds to me like the OP was trying to squeeze in a few more items before picking up the car. Why would you do that? I mean I understand if it's something small like a hat or shirt but warranties?? Why'd you sign the paper if you weren't happy with the deal in the first place? Sounds to make like you wanted them to throw some things in there because you have to wait a few days before picking up your car.

Last edited by BMWE90; 07-31-2008 at 02:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 01:55 PM   #22
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
Finally, a post I can agree with. It sounds to me like the OP was trying to squeeze in a few more items before picking up the car. Why would you do that? I mean I understand if it's something small like a hat or shirt but warranties?? Why'd you sign the paper if you were happy with the deal in the first place? Sounds to make like you wanted them to throw some things in there because you have to wait a few days before picking up your car.
ppl are so quick to whine I agree with you and even worse its business transaction dont be offended if they dont want to be best friends lol
Appreciate 0