E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > New seat belt tensioners after crash

07-28-2020, 01:28 PM   #1
ZiksBH
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 325d

New seat belt tensioners after crash

Hello,

my E91 2007. 325d was involved in an crash and the seat belt tensioners were deployed and the BST on the Battery to.
I didnt swap them after the repair just let them code out so i dont get the warning show until i replace them to. The BSt was "put" together and the little black wire disconnected.

I changed then the seat belt tensioners on the drivers side and the two in the back. Now i get again the "Restrain System warning" and the airbag light on.

Do i have to code the new tensioners or is the BST cable now the problem? I tested the belt tensioners and all of them showed 0.4-0.5 Ohm resistance witch should be ok as far as i could google out.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 02:16 PM   #2
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiksBH View Post
Hello,

my E91 2007. 325d was involved in an crash and the seat belt tensioners were deployed and the BST on the Battery to.
I didnt swap them after the repair just let them code out so i dont get the warning show until i replace them to. The BSt was "put" together and the little black wire disconnected.

I changed then the seat belt tensioners on the drivers side and the two in the back. Now i get again the "Restrain System warning" and the airbag light on.

Do i have to code the new tensioners or is the BST cable now the problem? I tested the belt tensioners and all of them showed 0.4-0.5 Ohm resistance witch should be ok as far as i could google out.
You need to code them back on if you coded them off prior to replacement, and clear codes after
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 04:47 PM   #3
oilcrankinject
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: nothing

I got into a crash. I replaced my seat belt tensioner. No coding needed. I did have to clear the fault codes.
Appreciate 0