E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > 2nd Time’s the Charm

01-20-2024, 09:53 AM   #1
IcemanM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 MR/FR E92 ZCP M3

2nd Time’s the Charm

Greetings, all. After selling my first 2011 E92 M3 in 2018 having never really driven or properly enjoyed it, I found myself longing for another. The intoxicating sound of the N/A V8 vs. some of our more recent, while also great, turbo charged M cars - lead me back to longing for a true analogue driving experience again. That being said, I came upon another 2011.5 ZCP recently with amazing provenance. Records dating back to day 1; the original build sheet, order, and all service records. Subsequently, the car I purchased has gone through EAG’s rejuvenation process twice. And despite my prior E92 M3 having been sold at 16,000 miles, this example with more than twice the miles is equally pristine.

The particular example I purchased is Melbourne Red over Fox Red/Black. It’s a DCT car, and presents as new. It’s never been modified, was 90% wrapped in PPF film since day 1, and it’s prior stewards ‘open checkbook’ policy re: service and maintenance, combined with their obvious attention to keeping this example as-new, has me excited to have one in the garage once again.

I picked it up on December 29. The car needed nothing, but I promptly did a full paint correction and detail, and I can’t tell you how much thereafter, picking up this car felt like taking delivery of my first at the PDC when we lived back east. Although tucked away in the garage on a tender, and under a cover for the hopefully not long winter here in CO, I had the opportunity before doing so to bring the vehicle to Bill at BeemerHaus, who raved the incredible condition both mechanically and cosmetically.

Realizing a thread is nothing without pics - here’s shots of my prior AW 2011, and the latest MR 2011.5. The only modifications planned are adding the OEM Carbon Fibre front splitters (after they’re wrapped in PPF, of course). Otherwise, I’m planning to enjoy carving some mountain roads this summer, and certainly glad to be back in the community in an E92 M3 once again. I’ve gone through a few ‘F’ chassis cars, and a few ‘G’ chassis cars simultaneous with, and thereafter my ownership of my prior M3, and was amazed the emotion revving the engine out (after proper warm-up, that is) evoked.

Cheers!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 08:19 AM   #2
IN54NITY
Major nutz
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 n54 e92xi, 6mt, kw v3

Garage List
2009 335xi  [8.89]
Very nice! Are you a member of BMWCCA? Join the Rocky Mountain Chapter and join us for some HPDEs. I'd like to see your M3 in person!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 08:22 AM   #3
IcemanM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 MR/FR E92 ZCP M3

Thanks for the reply! I haven’t been a member of BMWCCA since 19’ - but will re-join this weekend after returning to DEN! Looking forward to it.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 12:24 PM   #4
Jaronbwall
Driving cars and riding bikes really fast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

That beard though
Appreciate 0