E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > 08 335xi Radiator Questions

01-28-2019, 02:55 AM   #1
dsource
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335xi + miata + tdi

08 335xi Radiator Questions

In the process of rebuilding a 2008 335xi manual, i'm stumped by this radiator hose ( see attached image). I've looked at real oem, alldata, and haynes and still haven't figured out where this flange goes to? The donor car was a 08 A/T, I took the A/C condenser, fan shroud and side mounting panels (what retains radiator condenser), ordered a new radiator (manual trans). The radiator that came with the vehicle has this flange mounting area as well. *No oil cooler* I just need to know where it starts and ends, This is the only thing keeping me from total assembly of the donor parts to this one.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 11:19 AM   #2
dsource
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335xi + miata + tdi

Problem solved, spoke with FCP Euro for 20min. Radiator came with 2X drain plugs, one short, one long. The long one will block off the circled area. For this specific configuration of 335xi (no oil cooler), manual trans. The radiator is shared between quite a few cars, thus the need for 2x drain plugs.
Appreciate 1