E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bought my bmw with the wiring for the fog lights like this..

02-28-2019, 05:02 PM   #1
xfrieddoughx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i/2008 bmw 335xi

Bought my bmw with the wiring for the fog lights like this..

Hey guys, I have a 2008 bmw 335xi.I bought this car and after taking everything apart i wanted to see what bulbs the fog lights are.I see this..(Photos) I know this is not orginal wiring.I want to know what do i have to do and what parts are needed to bring this wiring back to its original state.I know the car did get an pre lci to lci conversion but i assume the dealership replaced a bulb and broke a connector or something.Any help on how to get this back to original would be appreciated.first photo is where the wire attaches.Im not even sure what that box is sitting on the fender linear.

Here is a link,I made a short clip of the whole thing:

I'm not good at wiring or soldering(never tried it) I'm not sure what i would need to fix this

Thanks!
Attached Images

02-28-2019, 05:23 PM   #2
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

The black box is OEM. Looks like they just cut the OEM plug off the end and added spade connectors and connected it to the new fog light bulbs. They did that because the LCI fog lights have a different bulb/connector and won't connect to the Pre-lci plug unless you get an adapter harness or do as they did and cut and add wire connectors.

To fix you'd need to get some OEM LCI fog light wire connectors and then you'll have splice them onto your wiring and also get new bulbs so they will have a connector to connect to the stock wiring. Sorry if that was confusing.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 06:50 PM   #3
xfrieddoughx
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
The black box is OEM. Looks like they just cut the OEM plug off the end and added spade connectors and connected it to the new fog light bulbs. They did that because the LCI fog lights have a different bulb/connector and won't connect to the Pre-lci plug unless you get an adapter harness or do as they did and cut and add wire connectors.

To fix you'd need to get some OEM LCI fog light wire connectors and then you'll have splice them onto your wiring and also get new bulbs so they will have a connector to connect to the stock wiring. Sorry if that was confusing.
You have links to where i can buy these connectors please?
      02-28-2019, 06:52 PM   #4
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Sorry, I have no idea, either ebay or some salvage yards would be your best bet.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 07:10 PM   #5
xfrieddoughx
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Sorry, I have no idea, either ebay or some salvage yards would be your best bet.
Okay no worries,Do you know what these connectors look like and how do i remove the fog light itself?