E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > e90 Seat Bolster/Lumbar Issue

02-11-2019, 07:51 AM   #1
Vt335iguy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i xdrive

e90 Seat Bolster/Lumbar Issue

Hi All,

First post, I am getting ready to attempt replacement of lumbar pad and side (width adjustment) bolsters along with valves and motor. i can't seem to find a definitive DIY for this procedure and am at a loss as to how/whether I need to remove seat back springs in order to get bolster bags in etc... Anyone have a clear how to for this procedure? (Most of what I could find were good guides on retrofits...)

Many thanks, Liam
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 02:32 PM   #2
joeinsd
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stock 2010 e92 335i M Sport

Following. My sides keeps deflating..
      02-11-2019, 03:56 PM   #3
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

There is a repair guide publish on line called newtis.com You can look up your car model and under the repairs section for it, find all the procedures for repairing the seats. I was just in there this weekend looking at the sport seats for my car. I saw the repair guides for the lumbar pad. You basically have to pull the top torso cover off.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0