E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > TRSVC on E91 & 3AG coding problems; now completed

05-20-2020, 01:30 AM   #45
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 Lci, Vectra B V6

I have a screen shot of my inpa read on the laptop at work. I imagine I have a high level jbe and nfrm. My car has adaptive xenon, memory seats, pano roof, comfort access, additional power sockets, pro nav etc. Someone put good specs on the order when it was new.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 01:24 PM   #46
Dubstar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E81

Garage List
2015 F31 320d  [0.00]
There is a reason to code the TRSVC.
The TRSVC must be coded to automatic or manual transmission so that the green lines disappear when driving forward.
Appreciate 1
SaNGRia986.00
      05-20-2020, 01:36 PM   #47
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep

Are you meaning that the camera image stays on until the threshold speed for PDC is met, but the lines dissappear immediately when reverse is disengaged?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 02:01 PM   #48
Dubstar
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2015 F31 320d  [0.00]
The green lines disappear when you drive or roll forward. Then the picture is switched off at a speed.
Appreciate 1
SaNGRia986.00
      05-21-2020, 01:13 AM   #49
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

Thats right I cant wait to default code mine with JBE3 buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
There is a reason to code the TRSVC.
The TRSVC must be coded to automatic or manual transmission so that the green lines disappear when driving forward.
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 01:16 AM   #50
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andystobbs View Post
I have a screen shot of my inpa read on the laptop at work. I imagine I have a high level jbe and nfrm. My car has adaptive xenon, memory seats, pano roof, comfort access, additional power sockets, pro nav etc. Someone put good specs on the order when it was new.
Well it doesnt mean you have JBE3 tho. My car is fully loaded for being 08. Has every option. Including confort access and adaptive xenon lights. And I have FRM2 and it pretty much manages everything except LED lights which I did coded out for my headlight upgrade. And works without an issue. But I cant now ilevel my car since I have CIC retrofit and ISTA P always going to look for JBE3 + FRM3 since my car look 0311 on the VO. But FRM2 and JBFF2 can handle anything at the moment like the updated ones except TRSVC

All FRM3 does is gives you LED light for LCI Headlight and LCI tail light also Path Way following with headlights on. Just minor things.

Best thing is to check ur UIF buddy!
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 05-21-2020 at 01:30 AM..
Appreciate 1
Dubstar15.00
      05-21-2020, 10:30 AM   #51
Dubstar
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2015 F31 320d  [0.00]
I think the JBE 3 was only installed with a sun blind in the 3 series or in the X1 with a camera.
You will certainly only have JBE 2.

As Sangria says, check UIF or expand the JBE.
Appreciate 1
SaNGRia986.00
      05-22-2020, 05:35 PM   #52
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Alright guys i have done the JBE3 Swap today. Everything working like a charm and TRSVC getting recognized. The amazing part was before i have flashed the JBE3 with my VIN, i checked the INPA UIF to see how many module was disconnected with the swap process, Oh well, all was connected and saying OKAY. It was a 1:1 Swap and the module came from e90 335i.

I was so pleased with that but i went ahead and flashed with my vin and defaulT coded on NCSExpert.

Since i removed my glovebox i also went ahead and installed the TRSVC positive cable to Pin10 with 5amp fuse (K15 ignition on).

I just done the calibration on ISTA and drove on highway and came back. Calibration done properly.

I now just need to find a way to default code the TRSVC. And thats all

, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 05-22-2020 at 05:48 PM..
Appreciate 2
      05-23-2020, 02:19 AM   #53
Dubstar
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2015 F31 320d  [0.00]
Are the pictures after calibration? Because by the 3 series the lines should start after the bumper and not „in" the bumper.

For standard coding you need an ICOM.
Appreciate 1
SaNGRia986.00
      05-23-2020, 09:49 AM   #54
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Are the pictures after calibration? Because by the 3 series the lines should start after the bumper and not „in" the bumper.

For standard coding you need an ICOM.
Yes buddy, these are after the calibration. Well Let me try to do on INPA this time, i did not know lines would start after the bumper
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 06:40 PM   #55
SyphonX
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i & F32 440i

It turns out you can code a TRSVC without an ICOM and my perseverance paid off, so I thought I'd share some of my experience with the world so that others might not have to repeat the same effort.

After spending time in tool32 trying to read and write individual coding blocks (with a small amount of success) I came to the conclusion that the reason the adapter didn't work was related to either the size of the blocks, which are bigger in this module than any other, or the speed/timings of the buffer.

So I started looking for the original firmware with the hope of seeing if I could improve it, but while looking I found a few posts related to a modified firmware that had support for faster communication and tighter timings. I eventually traced this back to github, followed it and tested it, and it worked! I can now read and write coding with NCSExpert to an E70 TRSVC70 through a 2008 E92 chassis (equipped with a JBE IIIR).

This is a little technical for some, so I've put a document together that might help anyone adventurous enough to put it to good use, and if it saves them the expense of an ICOM they only needed for this one job, then even better.

I couldn't get an E84 TRSVC, and I had to make the E84 PDC, those parts are extremely rare over here, but the E70 TRSVC is fairly common. The downside though is that even calibration can't account for the coding, and the first time I tried to reverse it round a bend it tried to lead me into a post. I've calculated a lot of the necessary values for the E92/E93, it's not that difficult, it's mostly just 3 dimensional offsets. The result is well worth it though as (amongst being safer and more accurate) the rv camera horizon is a little higher, the lines are straighter, and they actually start AFTER the bumper!

I will include my custom NETTODAT and DATEN here, but anyone who wants to put an OEM RV camera on a 1, 5, or other E series will need to do their own calcs.

Here's a little info on how to get started with an example:

Just one of many settings is DID_4162_CAM_POS_RV which is the absolute (default) reverse view camera position, and is 12 bytes in size. 6 x 2 byte values, representing an int16 (16 bit signed integer) in LSB (least significant byte) first format, also known as big endian. At this point some of you may feel the need to go off and learn hex fundamentals!

Break it down and you have the following |X-rotation|Y-rotation|Z-rotation|X-mm|Y-mm|Z-mm. I suspect these are 10th's of a degree, but unless you want to mount the camera sideways, the first 6 are always |E0 0D|80 E9|00 00| after that we get the following.

E70+!S63
|19 0F|D5 00|32 04| = | 3865mm | 213mm | 1074mm |

E84
|DE 0D|48 00|91 03| = | 3550mm | 72mm | 913mm |

My E92/E93 with an F10 handle
|70 0E|37 00|52 03| = | 3696mm | 55mm | 850mm |

E92/E93 with chinese varient handle (I've estimated this as the camera is set left of centre)
|70 0E|D6 FF|52 03| = | 3696mm | -42mm | 850mm |

After successful coding it was necessary to initialise the calibration process and take it for a short drive, this was done in tool32 in my case as follows:

This is the E70 TRSVC before coding:

And this is after:

Install detail:

Btw - I really liked the handle mod idea. I was having second thoughts about taking a dremel to my boot lid. It's a perfect fit thankfully, but it was not easy task!
Attached Files
File Type: doc K+D CAN adapter mod.doc (800.0 KB, 319 views)
File Type: zip E92-TRSVC70-files.zip (5.6 KB, 172 views)

Last edited by SyphonX; 07-07-2020 at 09:28 PM..
Appreciate 5
      09-10-2020, 08:08 AM   #56
AlexandrBM
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 325 XDrive

TRSVC e71 coding

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyphonX View Post
It turns out you can code a TRSVC without an ICOM and my perseverance paid off, so I thought I'd share some of my experience with the world so that others might not have to repeat the same effort.

After spending time in tool32 trying to read and write individual coding blocks (with a small amount of success) I came to the conclusion that the reason the adapter didn't work was related to either the size of the blocks, which are bigger in this module than any other, or the speed/timings of the buffer.

So I started looking for the original firmware with the hope of seeing if I could improve it, but while looking I found a few posts related to a modified firmware that had support for faster communication and tighter timings. I eventually traced this back to github, followed it and tested it, and it worked! I can now read and write coding with NCSExpert to an E70 TRSVC70 through a 2008 E92 chassis (equipped with a JBE IIIR).

This is a little technical for some, so I've put a document together that might help anyone adventurous enough to put it to good use, and if it saves them the expense of an ICOM they only needed for this one job, then even better.

I couldn't get an E84 TRSVC, and I had to make the E84 PDC, those parts are extremely rare over here, but the E70 TRSVC is fairly common. The downside though is that even calibration can't account for the coding, and the first time I tried to reverse it round a bend it tried to lead me into a post. I've calculated a lot of the necessary values for the E92/E93, it's not that difficult, it's mostly just 3 dimensional offsets. The result is well worth it though as (amongst being safer and more accurate) the rv camera horizon is a little higher, the lines are straighter, and they actually start AFTER the bumper!

I will include my custom NETTODAT and DATEN here, but anyone who wants to put an OEM RV camera on a 1, 5, or other E series will need to do their own calcs.

Here's a little info on how to get started with an example:

Just one of many settings is DID_4162_CAM_POS_RV which is the absolute (default) reverse view camera position, and is 12 bytes in size. 6 x 2 byte values, representing an int16 (16 bit signed integer) in LSB (least significant byte) first format, also known as big endian. At this point some of you may feel the need to go off and learn hex fundamentals!

Break it down and you have the following |X-rotation|Y-rotation|Z-rotation|X-mm|Y-mm|Z-mm. I suspect these are 10th's of a degree, but unless you want to mount the camera sideways, the first 6 are always |E0 0D|80 E9|00 00| after that we get the following.

E70+!S63
|19 0F|D5 00|32 04| = | 3865mm | 213mm | 1074mm |

E84
|DE 0D|48 00|91 03| = | 3550mm | 72mm | 913mm |

My E92/E93 with an F10 handle
|70 0E|37 00|52 03| = | 3696mm | 55mm | 850mm |

E92/E93 with chinese varient handle (I've estimated this as the camera is set left of centre)
|70 0E|D6 FF|52 03| = | 3696mm | -42mm | 850mm |

After successful coding it was necessary to initialise the calibration process and take it for a short drive, this was done in tool32 in my case as follows:

This is the E70 TRSVC before coding:

And this is after:

Install detail:

Btw - I really liked the handle mod idea. I was having second thoughts about taking a dremel to my boot lid. It's a perfect fit thankfully, but it was not easy task!
Good day.
Tell me. Did you manage to disable the side cameras, which should be in the mirrors or not?
I have been struggling with this problem for a long time, I tried to encode many parameters in TRSVC, but I didn’t succeed.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 06:45 AM   #57
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 M-Sport

Hi all,

Doing this same mod.

i have e70 trsvc, camera, M version of the jbbr 3r and a front rear pdc module.

I know the PDC is not the x1 version.

I also have an camera emulator,

so far on my bench setup, i have a cic, screen, controller, cas (and key), jbbr 3r, hvac module, button panel with front pdc button and a front rear pdc module.

All connected and all working, i can see them all in ISTA, INPA, Ncsexpert and winkpt, i have updated all modules to latest versions.

I get a working pdc front and rear on the cic screen and it operates as normal, (on and off with the button),

I plug the e70 trsvc module in and can only see it via INPA (under the body options).

Not available in ISTA, INPA, Ncsexpert and winkpt.

I have coded the cas with $508 and $3ag and can see the trsvc as available in the ncs module list, but can not connect to it (0009 error).

In inpa i can get the info and do the camera calibrate and it sees the camera available.

when i press the pdc button, i just get the pdc menu.

when i connect both emulator and trsvc and code the cic to park menu and then press the button, the camera menu appears, but no picture.

It could be that i have the wrong wires in the wert pins (using 21 as i have a tv in my car using 23).

so will double check that.

I also have a chinese camera module and will try that in the correct wert pins too.

any one have any ideas if the emulator will trigger the trsvc to pass video?? as it seems to trigger the cic to go to the correct menu. Im assuming that the emulator will trigger the trsvc too (like it has for the cic).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 01:55 PM   #58
Dubstar
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2015 F31 320d  [0.00]
X1 PDC ECU is a MUST!! Without, the TRSVC don't send Picture to CIC.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 02:15 PM   #59
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
X1 PDC ECU is a MUST!! Without, the TRSVC don't send Picture to CIC.
Cheers, done some more testimg tonight.

the emulator will switch the cic to park menu.

when in park menu if i use inpa to test the TRSVC (rear camera), i get a picture on the screen. so i know the wert 21 pinouts are good.

I plug the chinise camera in and disconnect the TRSVC module, and get no picture, even though the wert pins are correct.

I still cant see the STVR/TEBF TRSVC module in inpa UIF or INFO, its just not there.

I did see an error message from the TRSVC , that said something like

06 STVR/TEBF ERROR_ECU_REQUEST_CORRECTLY_RECEIEVED__RESPONCE_PE NDING. but it never it gets to the ulf list

I have a master jbbe 3r and its running the lastest version of firmware

firmware 9264571
part number 9264578

Same as SaNGRia

happy to falsh to a differnt version if i can then see the TRSVC module.

Any on have an ideas, or will this module just not work in a e92?
Attached Images

Last edited by ccfj1; 10-02-2020 at 02:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 03:16 AM   #60
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Ok, small update.

The TRSVC module I had was a F series module and this did not work for me, so i returned it.

I bought a pukka E series one and boom, it's working.

1: it can been seen in INPA (for calibration and testing)
2: it can been seen in the UIF
3: its flash upgradable in winfkp
4: it can been seen in the tool32
5: it can been seen in the ISTA

So, its seen on the canbus as a valid device. Result

Next tried the my bench setup for PDC

Bench has CAS, key, M (master jbb3r), elv, kombi, cic, zbe, cid, hvac, 508 pdc and console buttons.

Plugged it all in and hit the pdc button and bingo pdc front and rear all working.

Next tried the new TRSVC module on my bench setup for PDC, reconfigured CIC for 3AG (with coding from above).

And hit the button, just the pdc screen.

Then plugged the chinese emulator in and bingo.

Emulator turns on TRSVC module and switches CIC to camera mode, TRSVC module then sends picture to cic, All working even the tow bar close up works, so the Emulator acts as the x3 PDC module in sending commands to the CIC and TRSVC modules

Only thing that does not work is the guide lines and obstacle screens (the options are selectable though), i suspect this is a function of the x3 pdc module and since mine is a standard e9x pdc module....

So in conclusion, a working system without the need for a x3 pdc module (that are super rare and expensive here in the UK).

Will be installing in my 335 when i do the front pcd install.
Attached Images

Last edited by ccfj1; 10-15-2020 at 09:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 09:14 AM   #61
Dubstar
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2015 F31 320d  [0.00]
Obstacle lines are created by the TRSVC, but I think you have to add the complete steering column on your Bench. So the TRSVC is getting information to create the lines..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 10:27 PM   #62
fx27
Germany
Rep
Drives: E91

Hi,
thank you for all you information, as I tried to retrofit an OEM camera on my 2011 E91 also.

But I have still some problems to solve and I'm not sure how to handle them.

First of all:
2011 E91 with nearly full spec
E70 TRSVC
E84 PDC
F10 camera module
X3 Retrofit cable from BMW

So these are the typical and recommended parts.

State at the moment:

I'm able to code the PDC - it's default coded.
I'm able to code my CIC - it's coded to Sangria's values.
I'm able to access the TRSVC via ISTA - no chance to default code via NCS.
I'm able to check the state of my camera via TRSVC in ISTA. - it's learned.

I'm not able to see video feed in my CIC when entering reverse gear.

The camera symbol is white and I'm able to click it, but nothing happens.

I checked the coded values several times.

I checked the wire harness, found the same fault Sangria had (white, yellow wrong), pinned them to the pins to the quadlock according to his manual (E84 white -> 18, yellow ->28, shield -> 27).

But still no success and I'm out of ideas, now.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 01:37 AM   #63
Dubstar
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2015 F31 320d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fx27 View Post
Hi,
thank you for all you information, as I tried to retrofit an OEM camera on my 2011 E91 also.

But I have still some problems to solve and I'm not sure how to handle them.

First of all:
2011 E91 with nearly full spec
E70 TRSVC
E84 PDC
F10 camera module
X3 Retrofit cable from BMW

So these are the typical and recommended parts.

State at the moment:

I'm able to code the PDC - it's default coded.
I'm able to code my CIC - it's coded to Sangria's values.
I'm able to access the TRSVC via ISTA - no chance to default code via NCS.
I'm able to check the state of my camera via TRSVC in ISTA. - it's learned.

I'm not able to see video feed in my CIC when entering reverse gear.

The camera symbol is white and I'm able to click it, but nothing happens.

I checked the coded values several times.

I checked the wire harness, found the same fault Sangria had (white, yellow wrong), pinned them to the pins to the quadlock according to his manual (E84 white -> 18, yellow ->28, shield -> 27).

But still no success and I'm out of ideas, now.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you!
Did you also change your JBBF? Without the correct JBBF you can't code the TRSVC!

Did you have a Chinese Camera or an old camcorder to test that the video-Input on your CIC Pinned/coded correct? Or an old Monitor with RCA inpu to check if TRSVC sends picture!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 09:11 AM   #64
fx27
Germany
Rep
Drives: E91

Quote:
Did you also change your JBBF? Without the correct JBBF you can't code the TRSVC!

Did you have a Chinese Camera or an old camcorder to test that the video-Input on your CIC Pinned/coded correct? Or an old Monitor with RCA inpu to check if TRSVC sends picture!
Hey,

Nope I haven't changed my JBBF as this is a JBBF3R and I got contact via INPA including diagnosis, testing, etc.

It's not that clear at this point: does the TRSVC also need a default coding?
It seems that some people had no problem with their TRSVC and it worked directly. This confuses me a bit.

I have a chinese RVC laying around, yes. Testing with an old monitor is also a good idea. Let me try this to check the coding. (...when it stopped raining here.)
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 05:33 PM   #65
Dubstar
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2015 F31 320d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fx27 View Post
Quote:

Hey,

Nope I haven't changed my JBBF as this is a JBBF3R and I got contact via INPA including diagnosis, testing, etc.

It's not that clear at this point: does the TRSVC also need a default coding?
It seems that some people had no problem with their TRSVC and it worked directly. This confuses me a bit.

I have a chinese RVC laying around, yes. Testing with an old monitor is also a good idea. Let me try this to check the coding. (...when it stopped raining here.)
Oh sry overread that you have contact with INPA..
Default coding TRSVC is necessary, cause the ECU have to know if you car is a manual or an automatic, so the green steering lines disappear when you drive forward.

For coding the TRSVC a OEM BMW OBDII cable or an ICOM is needed. Cheap chinese OBDII Cables will not do the job..

So then test both with chinese cam the CIC and with old monitor the output of TRSVC. When both work, your coding is faulty.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 03:52 PM   #66
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep

My TRSVC isn't default coded and still works fine. My car is a manual but TRSVC is from an Auto. So its not a necessity to default code in order to get video signal.
Appreciate 0