E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > e92 rear PDC not turning on?

05-26-2020, 10:10 AM   #1
aquik92
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330i

e92 rear PDC not turning on?

Hi all,

recently bought an e92 330i. Marvelous engine but im being let down by electrical gremlins.

When selecting R (auto trans) the PDC, the auto tilting of the passenger mirror and the visual aid in iDrive dont turn on, or else, turn on sporadically. More often than not, nothing of the above operates. I have tested the individual PDC module and sensors themselves via INPA and showed all are working as they should. Its just not registering when they SHOULD turn on, aka when reverse is selected.

I went to the stealership and got quoted 550euros (im from malta) plus labour to change out the gear position sensor which is not quote unquote showing no signal. I have had no problems with gear and the actual transmission, and the P D R and N always show on the dash.

Any idea what might be the issue? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 03:29 PM   #2
Hoody007
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZMZ LCI | 850i/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquik92 View Post
Hi all,

recently bought an e92 330i. Marvelous engine but im being let down by electrical gremlins.

When selecting R (auto trans) the PDC, the auto tilting of the passenger mirror and the visual aid in iDrive dont turn on, or else, turn on sporadically. More often than not, nothing of the above operates. I have tested the individual PDC module and sensors themselves via INPA and showed all are working as they should. Its just not registering when they SHOULD turn on, aka when reverse is selected.

I went to the stealership and got quoted 550euros (im from malta) plus labour to change out the gear position sensor which is not quote unquote showing no signal. I have had no problems with gear and the actual transmission, and the P D R and N always show on the dash.

Any idea what might be the issue? Thanks
Do your reverse lights come on? I’ve also heard of a faulty FRM causing this issue.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 07:52 AM   #3
aquik92
Rep

yes reverse lights do come on, and recently did the LCI taillight retrofit with coding and everything works from that aspect.

came across a newtis articles which states in ATM, the EGS is responsible for the 'acknowledgement' that R is engaged, whilst in MTM the FRM is responsible. Any idea?

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...system/2NTGDBK
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 11:09 AM   #4
aquik92
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoody007 View Post
Do your reverse lights come on? I’ve also heard of a faulty FRM causing this issue.
actually, just found out that reverse lights are off aswell! would like to note that right not all the common symptoms for a dying FRM are not present so rather than fork out 500e for a new one plus coding, what do you suggest i check first?

Im found a lot of information on how to solve this issue with a manual transmission but not for an auto one.
Appreciate 0