E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Few Questions

05-10-2008, 05:30 AM   #1
Montego92
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Few Questions

Hello All,
I'm in Iraq right now. My wife gave the go ahead and subsequently ordered an 08 335i. For obvious reasons, I was unable to peruse a dealership and become familiar with all the options/offerings. She ended up ordering a montego blue sedan with the sports package, automatic, and Sirius. What exactly does the sports package consist of? I've come to believe that it brings with it the M3 suspension kit, 18" rims, sport seats, an oil cooler, and increased top speed limiter. Is this accurate? How are the seats any different? What exactly does the suspension kit add? I assume it's just springs and bushings? I'm also curious about hooking my IPOD into the car. Does the car come with an aux jack? I didn't want to pay $500 for a new IPOD offered in the BMW option. Is there a DIY option for installing the interface kit? Thanks for all the information. Looking forward to coming home and climbing in this thing once it arrives.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 02:52 AM   #2
Montego92
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

nobody huh?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 11:35 AM   #3
Zundfolge
Zundfolge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi, 1971 2002

I can tell you what I know from shopping for my Xi sedan. Your list for the sport package looks right. Sport seats have adjustable bolsters so they grip you great and look pretty cool too. The suspension on a rwd is not only lower but also lighter. The xi does not get that tasty bit. The 18"s with summer performance tires are an extra option on top of the xi sport pkg, but it looks like it is standard on the rwd, which is very good for you because that nets you the aux oil cooler. Much debate over that one on this board, (search "oil cooler" and prepare for much reading) but I think a little extra protection is always worth it. If you are shelling out for the sport package, the cooler is one of the best parts. As for iPod, the car does come with a jack, but do yourself a favor and get the factory interface. It is worth every penny to be able to control it through the radio and not try to fiddle with the iPod itself while driving. Don't know if the interface is a DIY project, but I think it costs $400 for the part itself, so DIY would save you very little.
Hope this helps. Good luck with your purchase!