E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > E91s For Sale

02-11-2020, 12:10 PM   #3059
86Zed
Get off my lawn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E91WAG3N View Post
these specs are actual unicorns because they don’t exist.
I find BaT and how it has changed enthusiast car markets to be a polarizing topic, but I respect those who show up, buy the car and enjoy it!

Yes there are a lot of unique desirable options and each buyer has their own must-have or deal breaker items. There are only so many of these cars still running on the road in good shape and even fewer up for sale. Lots of window shoppers hoping to capture the too good to be true deal while the internet has rendered that a scarce commodity.

This very thread has brought awareness to both buyers and sellers and undeniably driven prices upward.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2020, 12:15 PM   #3060
vilord
Major
Rep
Drives: E91, Tundra, TT, SV650

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
I have to say, I'm a little offended at some of the comments here. Some of you demand RWD, 6MT, and M-Sport... Some of us want more of the options... I've had 5 BMWs with comfort access and none of them have been a problem (even my E70 X5M which was a horrible platform as a whole).
Just don't get people started on the double vs single hump dash discussion

You and I think that the idrive screen under the second hump looks good.
Other folks like a single hump with a tablet stuck in the middle.
And other folks don't want a screen there at all...
everyone has their preference. I agree it would be nice if people didn't tell us we were "wrong" for having a different preference than them.
      02-11-2020, 12:16 PM   #3061
E91WAG3N
Wagon Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: E39, E91, E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyEight740 View Post
I guess you can say I’m nitpicking but I already own an e91 msport and I opted for options over colors on my current car. I’m searching for space grey with same options and when it pops up I’ll snag it and list mine. But yes comfort access is a deal breaker for me. I’ll keep my current unicorn. Thanks.
My comment wasn't directed at you, but you're welcome

I had issues with CA on my E82, personally. A bit anecdotal but I understand the desire for that option.

I worked for a BMW store for a few years of the E9X run and CA was pretty rare. Additionally, most people ordering 6MT cars (myself included) went for fairly bare bones builds. The 335 I spec'ed only had M Sport, HK, and Premium Package (only way to get Xenons). It was an automatic 335 in pre-production, so I gave the world an additional 6MT M Sport car. The vast majority of the 6MT E91s out there now are a result of people ordering them, we should thank these people! My point being, if you're dead-set on a color combo + option configuration, it's quite likely it doesn't exist.

My "perfect" E91 build is LMB on Saddle 6MT RWD with HK, Xenon, no iDrive. Had to "settle" for Black Sapphire on Black 6Mt RWD with HK, Xenon, no iDrive. Rear shades would be nice but that's easy enough to retrofit. I'm also still looking for a pre-LCI 6MT in red, someone on this thread picked one up not too long ago.

Slickfinga over on maxbimmers has production data, might be worth a post in his thread to see if the car you want even exists.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 12:18 PM   #3062
NinetyEight740
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2 - 2013 535i msport

Garage List
2010 E91  [0.00]
Quote:
I have to say, I'm a little offended at some of the comments here. Some of you demand RWD, 6MT, and M-Sport... Some of us want more of the options... I've had 5 BMWs with comfort access and none of them have been a problem (even my E70 X5M which was a horrible platform as a whole).

What's the big deal if we simply mentioned that it doesn't have CA? I didn't say the car was garbage because of it. In fact, I have plans to see the car on Thursday, and I'm VERY excited. Yes, its a drawback for me, but if the car is otherwise perfect for me, I'll make an exception.

Everyone chooses what a unicorn is in their own minds. For me, its a fully loaded Bluewater car, RWD, AT. For the rest of you, its M-Sport and 6MT. Ok, great. Why do we have to shame people for what they like??

/rant... Sorry, just hit a nerve.
Completely agree. I already have a car I’ll keep forever. The only way I sell it is to get an “upgrade”. I couldn’t care less about the 6mt cars. This is daily driver and I don’t care to shift gears. I don’t care to buy a transmission down the road. I want auto. I want upgraded stereo, I want comfort access. I am allowed to say no thank you to a car without the options I deem necessary for me. These are forever cars so get what you absolutely need to have and budge on the stuff you can live without. I chose to budge on color for options. I have one of the four msport wagons that came with active cruise from the factory. Cool to know this.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 12:25 PM   #3063
E91WAG3N
Wagon Addict
United_States
Rep

Quote:

What's the big deal if we simply mentioned that it doesn't have CA? I didn't say the car was garbage because of it. In fact, I have plans to see the car on Thursday, and I'm VERY excited. Yes, its a drawback for me, but if the car is otherwise perfect for me, I'll make an exception.

Everyone chooses what a unicorn is in their own minds. For me, its a fully loaded Bluewater car, RWD, AT. For the rest of you, its M-Sport and 6MT. Ok, great. Why do we have to shame people for what they like??

/rant... Sorry, just hit a nerve.
My point is your criteria is very specific to the point of a car not existing. A decade on from production and unless you ordered the car or are very lucky, you'll end up compromising at some point or be endlessly searching. I just think it's funny that CA is a must have for some folks. Transmission and drivetrain are more traditional go-no-go's.

PM slickfinga, the Bluewater was an unusual color and with the options you want may not actually exist. Bluewater was available on LCI E39 and the dealership I worked at only had a couple in the LCI cycle, one of which my mom bought. The same likely applied to E91. 95% of 3 series at the dealership I worked for and others were black/white/silver because that's what sold. Urban green Z4? Unusual and desirable to some but it had 2 birthdays on our lot.

Different folks like different options, hence the array of vehicles on the road. I'm happy I found 2 that met my general criteria. I'm unhappy that I didn't order an E91 when I had the chance and opted for an E92 order at the time.

Best of luck with your search, I hope you find the car you're looking for.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 12:30 PM   #3064
E91WAG3N
Wagon Addict
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Completely agree. I already have a car I’ll keep forever. The only way I sell it is to get an “upgrade”. I couldn’t care less about the 6mt cars. This is daily driver and I don’t care to shift gears. I don’t care to buy a transmission down the road. I want auto. I want upgraded stereo, I want comfort access. I am allowed to say no thank you to a car without the options I deem necessary for me. These are forever cars so get what you absolutely need to have and budge on the stuff you can live without. I chose to budge on color for options. I have one of the four msport wagons that came with active cruise from the factory. Cool to know this.
We're in the same boat. To each their own in terms of which options they like. Active cruise is awesome, I might retrofit one day. I'm just shocked that comfort access is a such consideration. I've never encountered anyone that's such a die-hard CA enthusiast is all. Not on the forums or as a former dealership employee!

Buy a transmission? I think you mean clutch? I've had 2 slushboxes in BMWs die, 5MT and 6MT Getrag and ZFs have been bulletproof in my 20 years driving the brand. Auto transmissions have historically been more failure prone from what I've experienced and seen.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 12:36 PM   #3065
Shift_Vas
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i zhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDNY516 View Post
Thanks! They look great on the wagon.

---------------

Deep Sea Blue/Oyster, 65k miles, AT, RWD: (no pictures yet)

https://www.audibethesda.com/used/BM...252b5ddffb.htm
Came in as a trade in. Asking price $13,900

Not the car that checks my boxes but maybe somebody else is interested in it
WTB!! 09-12 E91 328i 6spd RWD M-Sport Touring
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 12:41 PM   #3066
triax37
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31, 2014 F15, 2002 M3

2007 E91 l White w/tan l Sport l 6MT l AWD l 139k l Rebuilt - $3,000

https://janesville.craigslist.org/ct...068548784.html
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 12:50 PM   #3067
JupiterBMW
Self Proclaimed Roundel Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 & '13 F25 X3

Quote:
My comment wasn't directed at you, but you're welcome

I had issues with CA on my E82, personally. A bit anecdotal but I understand the desire for that option.

I worked for a BMW store for a few years of the E9X run and CA was pretty rare. Additionally, most people ordering 6MT cars (myself included) went for fairly bare bones builds. The 335 I spec'ed only had M Sport, HK, and Premium Package (only way to get Xenons). It was an automatic 335 in pre-production, so I gave the world an additional 6MT M Sport car. The vast majority of the 6MT E91s out there now are a result of people ordering them, we should thank these people! My point being, if you're dead-set on a color combo + option configuration, it's quite likely it doesn't exist.

My "perfect" E91 build is LMB on Saddle 6MT RWD with HK, Xenon, no iDrive. Had to "settle" for Black Sapphire on Black 6Mt RWD with HK, Xenon, no iDrive. Rear shades would be nice but that's easy enough to retrofit. I'm also still looking for a pre-LCI 6MT in red, someone on this thread picked one up not too long ago.

Slickfinga over on maxbimmers has production data, might be worth a post in his thread to see if the car you want even exists.
I registered for that forum specifically to post in Slickfinga's thread over there, but my registration won't allow me to post yet because moderators haven't approved it... Its been weeks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilord View Post

Other folks like a single hump with a tablet stuck in the middle.
And other folks don't want a screen there at all...
everyone has their preference. I agree it would be nice if people didn't tell us we were "wrong" for having a different preference than them.
Yeah, I know. I think cars with the single hump dash look cheap. To me the 'stripper' cars without any options are just cheapened versions of the SAME thing. People claim its a weight savings, that is silly... I want the creature comforts... It is a 'luxury' car after all.

Quote:
Preach on, brother!

Quote:
My point is your criteria is very specific to the point of a car not existing. A decade on from production and unless you ordered the car or are very lucky, you'll end up compromising at some point or be endlessly searching. I just think it's funny that CA is a must have for some folks. Transmission and drivetrain are more traditional go-no-go's.

PM slickfinga, the Bluewater was an unusual color and with the options you want may not actually exist. Bluewater was available on LCI E39 and the dealership I worked at only had a couple in the LCI cycle, one of which my mom bought. The same likely applied to E91. 95% of 3 series at the dealership I worked for and others were black/white/silver because that's what sold. Urban green Z4? Unusual and desirable to some but it had 2 birthdays on our lot.

Different folks like different options, hence the array of vehicles on the road. I'm happy I found 2 that met my general criteria. I'm unhappy that I didn't order an E91 when I had the chance and opted for an E92 order at the time.

Best of luck with your search, I hope you find the car you're looking for.
The car I want DOES exist! I found a 2012, E91, Bluewater/Oyster, RWD, AT, pretty much loaded (heated seats, Nav, Xenon, rear shades, comfort access... all of my wanted options..) I'm just trying to find someone to scope it out for me so I don't have to fly across the country to go see it.

That being said, I'll ask again... Anyone in the Los Angeles (Redondo Beach) area that can scope out an E91 for me and give me a good review?? I've got $100 for anyone that can!
Past: '11 E91 335is, '11 E90 M3, '10 X5M, '14 328d, '03 330i Dinan3 ZHP, '04 330i ZHP, '12 X3 35i
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 12:51 PM   #3068
PostModernHero
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Quote:
In fact, I have plans to see the car on Thursday, and I'm VERY excited. Yes, its a drawback for me, but if the car is otherwise perfect for me, I'll make an exception.
Excited to meet you, Jupiter!

Funny... you were quick on the draw, with a reply within a half hour of my initial post.

Seeing your moniker, I thought I was in for a Dealer Inquiry. LOL
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 12:58 PM   #3069
PostModernHero
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilord View Post

You know what I think when I drive my car?? I AM BATMAN. LOL!

I much prefer the look of my dash to those with what looks like an iPad sticking out of it...
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 01:08 PM   #3070
E91WAG3N
Wagon Addict
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The car I want DOES exist! I found a 2012, E91, Bluewater/Oyster, RWD, AT, pretty much loaded (heated seats, Nav, Xenon, rear shades, comfort access... all of my wanted options..) I'm just trying to find someone to scope it out for me so I don't have to fly across the country to go see it.

That being said, I'll ask again... Anyone in the Los Angeles (Redondo Beach) area that can scope out an E91 for me and give me a good review?? I've got $100 for anyone that can!
That's awesome!! PM me the last 7 of the vin and I can post over there on your behalf, if you like. You could always have the seller take it to an independent shop. I've been happy with that approach both as a buyer and seller long distance.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 01:09 PM   #3071
Shift_Vas
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i zhp

It all comes down to preference.

My gripe with the double hump and i-drive is that it is going to be an outdated system eventually ( even if it isn't already )

There is a reason to why those cars without it are commanding a higher price. Just look at the e9x M cars
WTB!! 09-12 E91 328i 6spd RWD M-Sport Touring
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 01:16 PM   #3072
PostModernHero
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_Vas View Post
Wow what a stunning example
Along those lines, I will add... not a single dent or ding anywhere.

Mostly since I am a handicapped driver. I never park with anyone close to me...
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 01:21 PM   #3073
E91WAG3N
Wagon Addict
United_States
Rep

Quote:

My gripe with the double hump and i-drive is that it is going to be an outdated system eventually ( even if it isn't already )

There is a reason to why those cars without it are commanding a higher price. Just look at the e9x M cars
Mega rare to see single hump E9X M3s. I like iDrive but feel like it's one more thing to break 10-20 years from now is all.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 01:26 PM   #3074
JupiterBMW
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's awesome!! PM me the last 7 of the vin and I can post over there on your behalf, if you like. You could always have the seller take it to an independent shop. I've been happy with that approach both as a buyer and seller long distance.
I will do that... I wanted to post the last 7 of my current vehicles as well, and see what other info he could get for me... So, thank you!

As for bringing the car to an Indy, its already at a small dealer lot, so not sure I'd trust that. I have a buddy that lives minutes from there, just trying to link up with him to see when he can go look at it...
Past: '11 E91 335is, '11 E90 M3, '10 X5M, '14 328d, '03 330i Dinan3 ZHP, '04 330i ZHP, '12 X3 35i
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 01:30 PM   #3075
PostModernHero
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Everything is outdated eventually.

It shouldn't be hard to put a new computer behind an in-dash screen. Even upgrade the screen itself.

Hmmm... maybe a new business venture down the road
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 01:57 PM   #3076
PostModernHero
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Innards

Bonus pristine innards pics... from when the Eccentric Shaft Sensor was replaced:

Last edited by PostModernHero; 07-07-2020 at 11:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 02:18 PM   #3077
dwlachowicz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 M Sport;F15 M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Mega rare to see single hump E9X M3s. I like iDrive but feel like it's one more thing to break 10-20 years from now is all.
I think that the generation of iDrive in the LCI platform is one of the simpler but modern versions that will withstand the test of time. I have it in mine and have no gripes about it. No need to concern myself with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto connection issues. I read on various other car manufacturer forums of these apps simply not working or disappearing.

Bluetooth works great along with the USB connectivity. I hardly ever depend on the Nav.

Would I have preferred a single hump E91, sure, but wasn't in a position to sit, search and wait for the "right one" to come along.
E91WAG3N1247.50
      02-11-2020, 02:47 PM   #3078
PostModernHero
Second Lieutenant
Rep

My Garage

Replacement car scheduled for production.

The Wife Unit's car is fairly rare also. Modern Line F30 with light colored dash was only offered in the first year. I can't imagine there will be quite the same demand when it comes time to sell it, though.

Will be sad to see the wagon drop off soon...

Last edited by PostModernHero; 07-07-2020 at 11:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 03:29 PM   #3079
JupiterBMW
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwlachowicz View Post
I think that the generation of iDrive in the LCI platform is one of the simpler but modern versions that will withstand the test of time. I have it in mine and have no gripes about it. No need to concern myself with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto connection issues. I read on various other car manufacturer forums of these apps simply not working or disappearing.

Bluetooth works great along with the USB connectivity. I hardly ever depend on the Nav.

Would I have preferred a single hump E91, sure, but wasn't in a position to sit, search and wait for the "right one" to come along.
I would agree about the generation of iDrive in the LCI E9x cars. Its what I have in my M3 and in my wife's F25 X3. I think its the perfect blend of modern, yet simple and easy to use. This is why I want an iDrive car in my E91 search...

That being said, I agree, I rarely use the nav, but I just like the general layout of everything.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2020, 04:34 PM   #3080
NinetyEight740
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2 - 2013 535i msport

Garage List
2010 E91  [0.00]
Quote:
We're in the same boat. To each their own in terms of which options they like. Active cruise is awesome, I might retrofit one day. I'm just shocked that comfort access is a such consideration. I've never encountered anyone that's such a die-hard CA enthusiast is all. Not on the forums or as a former dealership employee!

Buy a transmission? I think you mean clutch? I've had 2 slushboxes in BMWs die, 5MT and 6MT Getrag and ZFs have been bulletproof in my 20 years driving the brand. Auto transmissions have historically been more failure prone from what I've experienced and seen.
I’m saying for an automatic, I’ll buy a replacement automatic transmission then drive a manual everyday. I have a manual I drive on the weekends, it gets old fast in California with our traffic.
Appreciate 0