E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > E90 LCI Angel Eyes as DRL Coding How to!

12-30-2015, 12:44 PM   #1
Evo400
Rep
Drives: 335D

E90 LCI Angel Eyes as DRL Coding How to!

Ok,

After trying different methods and reading other threads I haven't been able to activate my angel eyes to stay on permanently.

Car: 2011 E90 UK/EU spec with halogens.

Using NCSexpert in NFRM module change the following:

VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_3R
drl_tfl_off
to
VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_3R
drl_s

and TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE_0
nicht_aktiv to aktiv

NFRM is now done but AE lights still don't work. ( this is where the hold up was)

Next step

In KOMBI module change the following:

TAG_LICHT_AN
nicht_aktiv to aktiv
TAG_LICHT_AUS
nicht_aktiv to aktiv

And that's it. Now the Angel lights will work and they need to be turned on and off with BC button in instrument cluster.

Also, there is a few line in the NFRM with TAGFAHRLICH_ECE_1,2,3 which I havens tried yet, but I believe they might be for DRL enable rear lights, halogens,license plate lights and fogs. Not sure tho as I haven't tried it yet. Although I stand corrected!.

PS: Keep the engine running while coding FRM or have an external power supply connected to it, as I learned the hard way and I had to replace a bricked FRM due to voltage drop on ignition only...

Happy coding
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 04:54 AM   #2
nuwaus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo400 View Post
Ok,

After trying different methods and reading other threads I haven't been able to activate my angel eyes to stay on permanently.

Car: 2011 E90 UK/EU spec with halogens.

Using NCSexpert in NFRM module change the following:

VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_3R
drl_tfl_off
to
VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_3R
drl_s

and TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE_0
nicht_aktiv to aktiv

NFRM is now done but AE lights still don't work. ( this is where the hold up was)

Next step

In KOMBI module change the following:

TAG_LICHT_AN
nicht_aktiv to aktiv
TAG_LICHT_AUS
nicht_aktiv to aktiv

And that's it. Now the Angel lights will work and they need to be turned on and off with BC button in instrument cluster.

Also, there is a few line in the NFRM with TAGFAHRLICH_ECE_1,2,3 which I havens tried yet, but I believe they might be for DRL enable rear lights, halogens,license plate lights and fogs. Not sure tho as I haven't tried it yet. Although I stand corrected!.

PS: Keep the engine running while coding FRM or have an external power supply connected to it, as I learned the hard way and I had to replace a bricked FRM due to voltage drop on ignition only...

Happy coding
I tried this on my E90 LCI, but it does not work, can you please help me?
Appreciate 0