E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > window rattle... fixed?!?!?!

11-07-2019, 07:46 PM   #45
rotts4u
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A3 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeech View Post
I used some CarPlan tyre shine in the seal, and job DONE. no more ratteling- Thank you so very much for this tip- i have no idea why applying this spray to this seal would rectify ratteling noises- but hey, its done it.

Thanks

Is this still working for you?
      07-18-2020, 06:23 PM   #46
Smogmonster
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328d

Thanks very much DJRG!

My 2018 328d is not my every day ride and had been sitting for extended periods between drives. Recently I started to get rattling from all four doors. I was planning to bring it in to my local BMW dealer to address the issue but first I thought I would do a little online research. I had no idea that the door seals could cause suck a ruckus.

After reading the previous posts I went out to the car and treated both the door and frame seals with a good amount of Formula 303 Aerospace Protectant. I also treated the door seal just above the rubber seal at the top of each door. Held my breath and went for a test drive... silent! Went out again two hours later and all is still quiet. Great!

As another poster suggested, I am going to leave my doors open for a few hours to decompress my seals. I don't know if this will help or not but it can't hurt.

Thanks to all for your input and suggestions.
Appreciate 0